Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Decent college freshman

Default Re: Is Jeremy Lin going to make it to the Mavs Roster?

Quote Originally Posted by Rowe
    How is Jeremy Lin an underdog?

He's not black

Quote Originally Posted by heyhey
    He's not black
    But hes 6'3 200lbs.

Dude I am 5'8.

Cuban will not let him slip to the heat so yeah, he's going to make it.

I meant say pure scorer and I saw him play against Columbia the dude was lighting it up. Definitely can shoot, which is why I said he's got a bit of Kobe in him.

Brandon Roy type of player, yes He's got great court vision and can be a PG/SG player.

U mad cause the azns taking over bball like they did laundrymats?
    There is like 2 active asian players in the entire league. And oh no not the laundromats!

Quote Originally Posted by Rowe
    You're obviously Asian. Its nothing wrong with rooting for an Asian-American to make it in the NBA.

Did anybody else notice how many hits Jeremy Lin's NBADraft.net profile received?

Hes only behind John Wall.
    China at it again

Decent playground baller

Asian-Americans are following this guy closely for many reasons.

1) He's not a giant from Mainland China. His parents probably came to the US for graduate school in science/engineering and don't have the freakish genes that Yao Ming's parents have. Therefore, a lot of Asian-Americans can identify with this kid.

2) He doesn't have the passive mentality of a China-bred basketball player. He balls with a more aggressive American mindset. Asian-Americans dislike the passiveness of foreign Asian ballers.

3) This would be the first Asian-American to break into a true team sport. Tennis had Michael Chang. Golf has a bunch of Asian-Americans. Baseball, football, basketball, hockey don't have any. Hines Ward is half-Asian-American, but that's just that. He's not pure.

NBA rookie of the year

Dat Nguyen was Vietnamese. He played for the Cowboys. He was pretty good too.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Flashbeanie
    Asian-Americans are following this guy closely for many reasons.

1) He's not a giant from Mainland China. His parents probably came to the US for graduate school in science/engineering and don't have the freakish genes that Yao Ming's parents have. Therefore, a lot of Asian-Americans can identify with this kid.

2) He doesn't have the passive mentality of a China-bred basketball player. He balls with a more aggressive American mindset. Asian-Americans dislike the passiveness of foreign Asian ballers.

3) This would be the first Asian-American to break into a true team sport. Tennis had Michael Chang. Golf has a bunch of Asian-Americans. Baseball, football, basketball, hockey don't have any. Hines Ward is half-Asian-American, but that's just that. He's not pure.
    I'm repping him cause he's from Harvard. Ivy League represents brah.

THe kid's highlight video is more sicker than Lebron's highlights before he came into the league and that's just real.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVVzGm8SbOM

If Jimmy Lin was a black dude named Rashawn with a afro he would been drafted in the 1st round, probably lottery pick.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Go Jeremy! Parents are from Taiwan! His dad is probably more of an NBA fan than any of us here.

I like this kid, he's agressive not affraid of contact and try to play simple basketball .. I don't think he could have a spot on Dallas team, but i hope other team sign him

I'm repping him cause he's from Harvard. Ivy League represents brah.

THe kid's highlight video is more sicker than Lebron's highlights before he came into the league and that's just real.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVVzGm8SbOM

If Jimmy Lin was a black dude named Rashawn with a afro he would been drafted in the 1st round, probably lottery pick.
    This is the first time I've heard about this guy. I remember when Yao was drafted, I was wondering if an Asian-American would ever make it in the NBA. The odds are so against us because of our upbringing. We all are bred to become doctors/lawyers/engineers where studying overrides sports. I know for sure if I told my parents I wanted to focus on basketball, they would disown me. And to think this guy is from Harvard too.

From the few videos I've seen, he seems to play very aggressive. Still think he's too small to play, but it's a great start. I hope to see more Asian-Americans try for the NBA in the future.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShoeGuy
    This is the first time I've heard about this guy. I remember when Yao was drafted, I was wondering if an Asian-American would ever make it in the NBA. The odds are so against us because of our upbringing. We all are bred to become doctors/lawyers/engineers where studying overrides sports. I know for sure if I told my parents I wanted to focus on basketball, they would disown me. And to think this guy is from Harvard too.

From the few videos I've seen, he seems to play very aggressive. Still think he's too small to play, but it's a great start. I hope to see more Asian-Americans try for the NBA in the future.
    Read this:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/column...ana&id=4730385

Decent college freshman

NAWICE defense jeremy played on Wall tonight. I only saw several possessions but he had the quickness to stay in front of wall, fastest player in the summer league. Definitely can use him on the lakers.

he'll prob get camp invites from a couple of teams, but if he wants to make a roster for opening day he would prob have to go to a bad team like Indiana... but if he rather stay in Dallas, he could maybe get a 10 day contract later in the year if he gets cut

I wanna see this guy make it into the NBA. If he doesn't then oh well, he could just fall back on his Harvard education