Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Default Re: Phil Jackson on Kobe Bryant

Quote Originally Posted by RazorBaLade
    By what ****ing metric have you determined that Bynum and Gasol are players worthy of more than 15 shots a game? They are doing terrible this year on 15, why would you give them 20?
    Bynum has produced well this year when actually given the ball consistently and Gasol has proven himself to be a 18-25ppg scorer on great effeciency.

You have 2 of the most talented offensive bigs in the league and your gonna shot jack instead of try to get them more involved in the offense?

Maybe their shot numbers look good to you but I have watched some LA games and in many of them Kobe is shooting far too much when either Bynum or Gasol has good position down low.

Crazy how anyone could think differently... how many teams in the league have that kind of fire power up front?

LA's record is a joke right now considering the talent they have and I put most of the blame on 24.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashDwyaneWade3
    Gasol is healthy? Why is he wearing that shoulder pad? And give the to Bynum, he'll ball hog and turn the ball over.
    Dunno about the shoulder I never heard of him suffering any injury.

Local High School Star strifed169's Avatar

Kobe is one bad dude

Nice. Post an old assessment of Kobe Bryant by Phil and allow people to assume this is current without saying a word.
    I'm sure a few naive posters in here were elated to hear Phil ripping Bryant again lol.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 32Dayz
    Bynum has produced well this year when actually given the ball consistently and Gasol has proven himself to be a 18-25ppg scorer on great effeciency.

You have 2 of the most talented offensive bigs in the league and your gonna shot jack instead of try to get them more involved in the offense?

Maybe their shot numbers look good to you but I have watched some LA games and in many of them Kobe is shooting far too much when either Bynum or Gasol has good position down low.

Crazy how anyone could think differently... how many teams in the league have that kind of fire power up front?

LA's record is a joke right now considering the talent they have and I put most of the blame on 24.
    i suggest u look at the stats because bynum gets pooped on by any big guy and gasol isnt even an allstar

big guys like hibbert>bynum
    howard and anderson > bynum and pau

open your eyes

Quote Originally Posted by RazorBaLade
    i suggest u look at the stats because bynum gets pooped on by any big guy and gasol isnt even an allstar

big guys like hibbert>bynum
    howard and anderson > bynum and pau

open your eyes
    Pass that blunt bro...

Only part I dont disagree with is the Howard > Bynum but that gap is more due to defense and consistency then due to offensive ability.

Bynum had a great game against D12 in limited minutes btw... so he didn't get "pooped on" by the best defensive big in the league.
    Last edited by 32Dayz; 01-24-2012 at 06:47 AM.

BTW Bynum is only averaging 12 FGA per game not 15.
    Both bigs are averaging 16ppg on 50+% shooting on limited touches.

Like I said Kobe is being a ball hog because he feels if he scores less he wont be taken seriously as a star player anymore.

LA would do much better if he deferred more to Bynum and Pau but he wont and in the end LA will fail either in the RS or in the 1st/2nd round of the PSeason.

If he got them involved and actually had them both used to producing at a higher level then they might have a slim chance at contention.

Just my opinions... if you think Kobe is god and both those bigs are trash (a strange opinion if you ask me) thats fine.
    Last edited by 32Dayz; 01-24-2012 at 06:53 AM.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease TMacYaoRockets's Avatar

Like I said Kobe is being a ball hog because he feels if he scores less he wont be taken seriously as a star player anymore.

LA would do much better if he deferred more to Bynum and Pau but he wont and in the end LA will fail either in the RS or in the 1st/2nd round of the PSeason.

If he got them involved and actually had them both used to producing at a higher level then they might have a slim chance at contention.

Just my opinions... if you think Kobe is god and both those bigs are trash (a strange opinion if you ask me) thats fine.
    In my opinion, Kobe should shoot more. If you watched the games, the way Bynum plays with the ball in his hands are mostly terrible when he has it. Most of the time its bad decisions.

Lebronyte Kryptonite

Quote Originally Posted by TMacYaoRockets
    In my opinion, Kobe should shoot more. If you watched the games, the way Bynum plays with the ball in his hands are mostly terrible when he has it. Most of the time its bad decisions.

Reasonable NBA fans who've watched recent Laker games would all say the same thing. The only idiots who would say otherwise, would obviously be the know nothing about anything Kobe haters.

Banned

Pass that blunt bro...

Only part I dont disagree with is the Howard > Bynum but that gap is more due to defense and consistency then due to offensive ability.

Bynum had a great game against D12 in limited minutes btw... so he didn't get "pooped on" by the best defensive big in the league.
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/.../gamelog/2012/

Everything after the 4th game is not good enough for what he supposedly is. Not to mention thats a TON of stinkers in a limited time for a guy who mostly has to shoot from 3 ft away.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/.../gamelog/2012/

Heat and CLE are his only decent games in the last 2 weeks... And before that he only had 2-3 good ones.

Pau and Bynum have shown up for like 10 games combined this year out of 20. And by shown up I mean only played like all stars.

16 points on 12-15 shots is not that good... If kobe is a bad dude for scoring 40 on 30 shots then 16 on 15 is not a good game either. And more importantly every time they've played anyone good they've been raped besides pau on bosh.

I don't think they are trash or kobe is untouchable... I think they are having down years so far and bynums attitude is atrocious. I don't think they're better than players like love or aldridge and bynum got pooped on by hibbert.. I mean I thought pau was great a few years ago, and right now its probably bynum limiting him.. not kobe. Bynum needs to go.. u cant get pooped on by howard and hibbert and average something atrocious like 12 and 10 for your last 10 games for his money.