Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: How come Kobe only won 1 MVP?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Feeny
    Shaq had the 3rd highest PER in nba history. He rested during the season and dominated in the finals.

In the finals, your hero is a 41% shooter and and a 25% game 7 scorer. He's a perennial choker.
    Don't insult Shaq or any top 10 player by comparing a scrub to them
    Shaq was more important in beating the Pacers, Nets, and 76ers while Kobe was more important beating the Spurs. I wonder which was the tougher thing to do

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    Shaq was more important in beating the Pacers, Nets, and 76ers while Kobe was more important beating the Spurs. I wonder which was the tougher thing to do
    You're such a troll

3/8

#strive4greatness

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Ming's Foot
    Same with Shaq right?

Steve Nash passed the multiple MVP award mantle to Lebron who passed it to Curry.

Great regular season players on stacked teams.
    Shaq took the regular season off, he even admitted it himself.

And tell me more about the 09/10 Cavs being more stacked than the 09/10 Lakers. Cut the bs excuses.

You Kobetards are hilarious

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Better question would be: Why did Kobe even win 1 MVP?

Because it was basically an award for his career up to that point.

CP3 clearly was the MVP in 2008.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

main reason is timing .. playing w/ shaq it's very hard to get an MVP (both ways) because it usually goes to one man army types .. or best player on best team, which was impossible for Kobe at his peak because he had all time bad support.

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99

Shaq beat up on undersized frontcourts w/ weak paints aka bottom feeder east teams that mightve been second round teams out west .. while Kobe blew his load on the tougher comp .. and led the assault against the Western giants .. and especially in crunchtime where he led league in playoff 4th Q ppg in 01 and 02.

and the fact that Kobe mainly just did not play at MVP level in 2000, 2001, 2002, and 2004 That probably had something to do with it as well... that he just wasnt that good.

His best years were 01' - 09'.
    01' - 04' - because he played with Shaq.
    05' - injury riddled year
    06 - 07' - garbage team

In 08' when he finally had a good team around him as #1 option, he already almost had as many minutes played as Jordan's entire career.

He was 30 entering his 12th year.
    Majority of his prime years were similar to Jordan's early years. Just playing on bad teams and playing with the most dominant player from 01' - 04'.

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Ming's Foot
    Because its a best player on the best regular season team award.

Kobe doesnt care about the regular and didnt play on stacked teams that racked up tons of meaningless regular season wins.
    you say kobe doesn't care about the regular season, but his numbers don't get any better in the playoffs - especially the finals. soooooo, when does kobe ever care about basketball? never? he's trash.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by Keno
    you say kobe doesn't care about the regular season, but his numbers don't get any better in the playoffs - especially the finals. soooooo, when does kobe ever care about basketball? never? he's trash.
    but yet you fakkits keep bringing him up making him relevant.....I don't get you lebronze stans.....get over it, he will never make it to kobe's level.....got saved by kyrie lol

Quote Originally Posted by Chokefree
    but yet you fakkits keep bringing him up making him relevant.....I don't get you lebronze stans.....get over it, he will never make it to kobe's level.....got saved by kyrie lol
    because kobetards, like yourself, keep spewing this bullshit that he's top 5 all time. real basketball fans gotta put you retards in your place. reality is, he's barely top 10, top 12 at best.