Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Default Re: Build your franchise: Bill Russell or Dwight Howard?

And to anyone saying this post is weird....

Russell,now and then.
    Both are the same height yet russell got bigger hands and while both
    have great defense russell's defense is one of the best ALL TIME.

Both are great athletes and although dwight has more athleticism and can jump higher and more strength and power russell had legendary stamina and longetivity.

Both can get you 10-15 rebounds sometimes 20 but russell averaged over 20 in his career and had games with 40+rebounds multiple times.

Russell is a better free throw shooter and has more post moves while dwight really doesnt have any and instead uses his athleticism and power to score which works most of the time and when it doesnt its over.

You could definitely build around both guys dwight with 3 pt shooters,good point guard who distributes while russell you need shooters rather than playmakers bc he wasnt the first option or second or even 3rd on offense.

Russell is like a rodman in that extreme defender and rebounder and could pass but was not an option on offense most of the time but instead anchored your defense and ball control and got you extra possessions while dwight is more of a patrick ewing with defense minus the mid range game in that while he can score defend and get rebounds you want and need another solid option around him.

Bill Russell in modern day terms was like the Dennis Rodman of Centers while Dwight is like Ewing with more defense but no mid range game.

So the question would be what a team needs really,both are great players but in the wrong system and while they flourish their teams flounder.Russell on the bucks,legendary team defense and unstoppable to penetrate the frontcort,but still not much offense.Dwight on the bobcats and you have good defense and better offense but not good shooters around him so whole d collapses on him.

Every player needs the right system in order for their team to flourish and maximize their talents otherwise like kobe,jordan,wilt,lebron,wade,garnett,reggie,carter ,ming,and more you wont get far unless your talents are maximized and the system around you benefits you along with your teammates and then you flourish.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash31
    Russell,now and then.
    Both are the same height yet russell got bigger hands and while both
    have great defense russell's defense is one of the best ALL TIME.

Both are great athletes and although dwight has more athleticism and can jump higher and more strength and power russell had legendary stamina and longetivity.

Both can get you 10-15 rebounds sometimes 20 but russell averaged over 20 in his career and had games with 40+rebounds multiple times.

Russell is a better free throw shooter and has more post moves while dwight really doesnt have any and instead uses his athleticism and power to score which works most of the time and when it doesnt its over.

You could definitely build around both guys dwight with 3 pt shooters,good point guard who distributes while russell you need shooters rather than playmakers bc he wasnt the first option or second or even 3rd on offense.

Russell is like a rodman in that extreme defender and rebounder and could pass but was not an option on offense most of the time but instead anchored your defense and ball control and got you extra possessions while dwight is more of a patrick ewing with defense minus the mid range game in that while he can score defend and get rebounds you want and need another solid option around him.

Bill Russell in modern day terms was like the Dennis Rodman of Centers while Dwight is like Ewing with more defense but no mid range game.

So the question would be what a team needs really,both are great players but in the wrong system and while they flourish their teams flounder.Russell on the bucks,legendary team defense and unstoppable to penetrate the frontcort,but still not much offense.Dwight on the bobcats and you have good defense and better offense but not good shooters around him so whole d collapses on him.

Every player needs the right system in order for their team to flourish and maximize their talents otherwise like kobe,jordan,wilt,lebron,wade,garnett,reggie,carter ,ming,and more you wont get far unless your talents are maximized and the system around you benefits you along with your teammates and then you flourish.
    Russell is actually almost a full 3/4" taller than Howard. Howard measured 6-9 in the NBA draft at 19 years old and Russell measured 6-9 and 5/8ths (6-9.63) in college so contrary to their deceiving listed heights, Russell was taller than Howard

dwight. BEAST. modern > old

Quote Originally Posted by KDTrey5
    dwight. BEAST. modern > old

for NBA centers? old >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> modern

here's his top ten from 2011
    http://youtu.be/rpRozBR34KM
    *Volley ball spike blocks that's top 10 material!?!?!?! he spikes them AWAY FROM HIS TEAMMATES AND FAILS TO GAIN POSESSION
    *Dunks, put backs, alleyoops... Yawn. Every center in history does those.

I don't have my Bill Russell mix ready yet but how is Dwight even remotely close to this "old" sh*t!?
    http://youtu.be/2i8mlFGwmO4
    Last edited by CavaliersFTW; 08-02-2012 at 12:21 AM.

players are better these days. russel is overrated nig

players are better these days. russel is overrated nig
    Name one center Dwight faces that is better than Wilt Chamberlain. Don't worry I won't laugh....

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    Name one center Dwight faces that is better than Wilt Chamberlain. Don't worry I won't laugh....
    Joel Anthony

wilt was playing with a bunch of white guys that had no athleticism

Someone didn't watch the video...

u jus trollin - im outta here!

3-time NBA All-Star

Not only that, but they were all around 6-0 feet, too. Players like Reed, Bellamy, Unseld, Hayes, McAdoo, Lanier, Thurmond, Russell, and Kareem. Hell, he even faced 6-0 nerdy Artis Gilmore late in his career.

U mirin my face?

Russell is like in his 70 so I'll go with Howard

I usually hit open layups

Building franchise - Russell
    Building new arena - Howard (can do some heavy lifting)

Dwight Howard easily. Why would I want a poor mans Hilton Armstrong?

Quote Originally Posted by atljonesbro
    Dwight Howard easily. Why would I want a poor mans Hilton Armstrong?