irving
    lillard

forever

irving
    wall
    goran dragic
    ricky rubio
    lillard

it's not really fair because he hit that big shot, well those big shots, and was celebrated as a hero in a good righteous basketball town... but the bark was worse than his bite and now he has the difficult road of living up to the hype. i think he'll be a good player but i'm not sure he understands how much you have to work to be one of the best point guards in the league, let alone players.

Default Re: Damian Lillard vs John Wall vs Kyrie Irving

Wall. His defense and ability to distribute sets him apart as the most dimensional player of the three. Kyrie the most explosive scorer and shooter in the group. Lillard is a poor man's version of Kyrie. No defense. And worse offense. Kyrie actually can play some defense sometimes when he buckles down. As we saw when guarding Curry in game 1 of the Finals.

Either Wall or Kyrie. Depends what your cast is. For instance, Wall/LeBron don't go with each other, they'd be a very bad fit. Lillard however is definitely last on my last, he should not be an all-star. Someone like Conley deserves his spot.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

how is kyrie gonna recover from that injury? he's better than wall when he's healthy

lilliard is a tier below both guys

Wall

Kyrie

Lillard

Banned

Wall better overall but Lillard and Irving are better offensively and are more clutch.

I remember the Wizards-Pacers series from 2 years ago where Wall passed up on a couple critical open shots and you can hear the home crowd being disappointed at him. That's where he exposed himself of not being able to be clutch or be a playmaker in a critical moment of a game. He pretty much pulled a LeBron 2011 Finals Game 4 moment in that game.

I didn't watch him last year so I don't know if he learned from that or not.

Lillard is getting way too disrespected. The kid in still play and has a game that will translate well when he gets older. If he's on the right team, I'm taking him no question. The more durable player and he'll be carrying big load next season that I can see turning heads.

Taking Wall because he's healthier than Kyrie, but if Kyrie can stay healthy I'm taking him. The other two are good, but Kyrie is special.

Quote Originally Posted by DMV2
    Wall better overall but Lillard and Irving are better offensively and are more clutch.

I remember the Wizards-Pacers series from 2 years ago where Wall passed up on a couple critical open shots and you can hear the home crowd being disappointed at him. That's where he exposed himself of not being able to be clutch or be a playmaker in a critical moment of a game. He pretty much pulled a LeBron 2011 Finals Game 4 moment in that game.

I didn't watch him last year so I don't know if he learned from that or not.
    Wall was pretty great in crunch time this past season. He learned that he can just force his way to the rim instead of settling for pull-up jumpers at the end of games. It's not something that you want him doing all game, because often he gets hit in those situations, but he is good from the free throw line so it works either way.

He's still not as good of a scorer as Lillard or Kyrie, but he makes other players around him much better. Shooters playing alongside Wall shoot significantly more open 3's.

Wall gets a lot of credit for his defense, but he's best in the team aspect of D. He's one of the most freakish combinations of length and athleticism, so he's always in passing lanes and chasing down fastbreaks. He often plays a little far off of his man, depending on his length to make up for the distance. This has led him to getting burned by some of the extremely quick little guys in the league. He does much better against larger guards that he has a quickness advantage over.

Kyrie is the most insane finisher in the league right now. His body control and ambidextrous layups but Wall has gone a little bit funkier with his finishes and he's catching up
    Last edited by ralph_i_el; 08-09-2015 at 01:59 PM.