Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Local High School Star MightyWhitey's Avatar

Default Re: IF we trade Melo, what deal would you want?

Quote Originally Posted by paguy1955
    The ONLY ring that Melo could get in NYC is the ring around his bathtub As long as Boston or Orlando is in the east you can forget about even dreaming bout a ring.
    Boston is a team full of veterans. How long do you think this chemistry will last? Maybe one more season. Unless they make some drastic chages.

Orlando looks very good and no doubt improved with the skills of Gilbert Arenas. But this assumption of Melo not winning a ring in the NYK is poor because the Knicks are likely to start attracting alot more talent to NY.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyWhitey
    Boston is a team full of veterans. How long do you think this chemistry will last? Maybe one more season. Unless they make some drastic chages.

Orlando looks very good and no doubt improved with the skills of Gilbert Arenas. But this assumption of Melo not winning a ring in the NYK is poor because the Knicks are likely to start attracting alot more talent to NY.
    Why no ring for Melo...Very simple...I have been watching his play since he came to the NBA and he is not the type of player that will take to to a championship. He has NO leadership ability NONE AT ALL. He can be a good secondary piece but NEVER the main cog to lead a team. He kind of folds and tens to disappear during periods in the playoff. So can the knicks big ticket put the rest of his team on his back and lead them to the promise land? Serious doubts!

Why no ring for Melo...Very simple...I have been watching his play since he came to the NBA and he is not the type of player that will take to to a championship. He has NO leadership ability NONE AT ALL. He can be a good secondary piece but NEVER the main cog to lead a team. He kind of folds and tens to disappear during periods in the playoff. So can the knicks big ticket put the rest of his team on his back and lead them to the promise land? Serious doubts!
    Well first of all let's get something straight. The Knicks have 2 leaders in Stoudemire and Felton. Melo isn't asked to carry the Knicks on his back (for christs sakes the Knicks gave the Spurs a beating tonight without Melo) it's a team effort like it should be. Melo joining the Knicks wouldn't mean he becomes the captain. Besides Stoudemire is taking all the responsibility of the Knicks wins and losses. But a Melo joining the Knicks would seriously improve the team. Thus making them serious title contenders.

Not so fast..he ain't won yet. If he dosent take the Nets offer he can lose close to 30 million dollars See this contract has to be signed this season to get the 65 million. Any contract signed after the season is over will not be even close to what Denver offered.
    Guess you were wrong. And it looks like the NYK got Melo. But Denver still got some nice talent from the Knicks. The Knicks roster really didn't alter much except that we got Billups for Felton. Overall the Knicks got what they want, Melo got what he want, and Denver got something out of it.

Are the Nuggets going to keep Gallo?

I'm not a Nuggets fan so sorry for posting in your forum.

I want to know will Felton,Gallo,Chandler and Mozgov play tonight against Memphis ?

If they will play I will certainly watch the game.
    I am interested to see how former Knicks will perform.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch
    I'm not a Nuggets fan so sorry for posting in your forum.

I want to know will Felton,Gallo,Chandler and Mozgov play tonight against Memphis ?

If they will play I will certainly watch the game.
    I am interested to see how former Knicks will perform.
    Hi Clutch

"The Residential Pit" franchize's Avatar

Be careful what you say Nuggets fans.It's bad enough you boo'd the guy when all he wanted to do was keep his options open.All he did through all the controversy was elevate his game.He didn't disappear like LeBron.He had a 50 point game and lets not forget, his sister died recently.You guys need to start blaming your overrated coach and your GM who's already off to a horrible start. As a Knicks fan I must say,Melo and Chauncey didn't exactly get the respect they deserved.Chauncey shouldn't even have been traded.He's a Denver native and his "huge contract" Ujiri was so eager to get rid of,ends the same year Felton's does (2 years).We weren't even pushing to get Chauncey.N yall booed Melo and forced him out of town and tried to spin it like he was demanding a trade.Management nor the fans didn't even give him a reason to want to re-sign.Im just coming as a Knicks fan saying be careful what yall say and do.I'd hate to see yall end up like Cleveland saying Melo will never win a ring when in fact you guys probably wont sniff the playoffs next year.I dont wish bad on your franchise.You have some good young guys but please,don't be bitter like Dan Gilbert and lose the sympathy that the league will have for you.It's not a good look.Players have the right to explore other teams.Leave it at that.This is a guy who grew up in BK and Baltimore and gave Denver,a totally different atmosphere,7 years of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by franchize
    Be careful what you say Nuggets fans.It's bad enough you boo'd the guy when all he wanted to do was keep his options open.All he did through all the controversy was elevate his game.He didn't disappear like LeBron.He had a 50 point game and lets not forget, his sister died recently.You guys need to start blaming your overrated coach and your GM who's already off to a horrible start. As a Knicks fan I must say,Melo and Chauncey didn't exactly get the respect they deserved.Chauncey shouldn't even have been traded.He's a Denver native and his "huge contract" Ujiri was so eager to get rid of,ends the same year Felton's does (2 years).We weren't even pushing to get Chauncey.N yall booed Melo and forced him out of town and tried to spin it like he was demanding a trade.Management nor the fans didn't even give him a reason to want to re-sign.Im just coming as a Knicks fan saying be careful what yall say and do.I'd hate to see yall end up like Cleveland saying Melo will never win a ring when in fact you guys probably wont sniff the playoffs next year.I dont wish bad on your franchise.You have some good young guys but please,don't be bitter like Dan Gilbert and lose the sympathy that the league will have for you.It's not a good look.Players have the right to explore other teams.Leave it at that.This is a guy who grew up in BK and Baltimore and gave Denver,a totally different atmosphere,7 years of his life.
    i really think the gm is blameless- this is the fault of George Karl and Kroenke- those guys screwed us so bad and its only the idiots that buy what karl has been trying to push on us, The franchise was ruined by Kroenke being cheap and letting Karl bring it down just so he always has an excuse

"The Residential Pit" franchize's Avatar

Agreed.But you get my point?I think it's messed up the blame has been placed on Melo.He gave yall some good year and to see Karl throw dirt on his name just because he wanted to keep his options open for him and his family is screwed up.Karl is an overrated coach and Ujiri did not get off to a good start as a GM.He didn't do anything with Kenyon Martin's expiring contract.If we can get something for Eddy Curry who hasnt played a meaningful game in years, yall coulda got something for Kenyon.Everyone wants to talk about the superstars "messing up the league" and fans of small market teams wanna rip guys when they leave.In fact, front offices are messing up the league.They get once in a lifetime opportunities and draft franchise players and instead ofdoing their jobs and building around them,they wait till their contract is up and cry wolf when their players want out.Furthermore,they portray to the media that their hand is being forced when in fact they took the easy way out.Look at the big name free agents of the last two years and out of the guys who left,none of their former teams can say they took a chance and brought some real talent to compliment them.Cleveland coulda had Amare Stoudemire but they denied the trade because they didn't wana give up JJ Hickson Its stuff liek that which causes players to say,if I'm going to be on a bad team,@ least let me go to a big market where the owner isnt cheap.

Not airballing my layups anymore canyoufeelit?'s Avatar

I don't blame melo one bit. It makes me sick that people would boo him after all he's done for this franchise this past 7 years. He played terrific basketball for us this year, and pretty much always showed up even when the rest of the team didn't, which was really frustrating to watch. He was gonna leave anyways, and at least he had the professionalism to tell Denver that so they could get something for him. He deserves all the respect in the world from Denver fans.

I think this trade needed to happen no matter what. Melo's years here were great, but only getting out of the first round once isn't really getting the job done. It was time for a change.

On that note, I don't think blaming the front office is necessarily right either. You can't say they didn't make the efforts to build around him. Kenyon Martin, Allen Iverson, Chauncey Billups, and Andre Miller all were picked up in order to help him. Melo just isn't the kind of player that can lead a championship team.

Quote Originally Posted by canyoufeelit?
    I don't blame melo one bit. It makes me sick that people would boo him after all he's done for this franchise this past 7 years. He played terrific basketball for us this year, and pretty much always showed up even when the rest of the team didn't, which was really frustrating to watch. He was gonna leave anyways, and at least he had the professionalism to tell Denver that so they could get something for him. He deserves all the respect in the world from Denver fans.

I think this trade needed to happen no matter what. Melo's years here were great, but only getting out of the first round once isn't really getting the job done. It was time for a change.

On that note, I don't think blaming the front office is necessarily right either. You can't say they didn't make the efforts to build around him. Kenyon Martin, Allen Iverson, Chauncey Billups, and Andre Miller all were picked up in order to help him. Melo just isn't the kind of player that can lead a championship team.
    You are wrong to say the nuggets built AROUND carmelo- kenyon martin is the exact opposite type of pf you would put next to Carmelo if you were trying to compliment. Carmelos game
    By going so far out of the way to keep a total non offensive option at pf and using 3rd stringer after 3rd stringer after 3rd stringer at sg Karl was intentionally holding back Carmelos all around game- Karl built his rotations around putting kmart , dahntay Jones, AC, afflalo, and Sheldon Williams in positions for them to succeed and have such great opportunity When he should have been building the rotation around Carmelo and putting him in the best spots to succeed
    Karl wanted Carmelo to be a perimeter shooter - he went out of his way to avoid putting a balanced lineup around Carmelo that would have brought his all around game out
    5 years and never trying Carmelo and. JR together? Karls ego cost both players a lot of success but did create a lot of value for Jones and afflalo
    Carmelo leaving wasn't always a for sure- it didn't become a for sure until Kroenke and. Karl started running the franchise into the ground
    This isn't about the NBA its basketball, you play your best players in the best positions for them to succeed and you fill in around them- only an idiot builds around role players