Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Default Re: Breaking News: 3 Team Deal, Hawks, Pacers, Utah...George Hill going to Jazz...

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    Cos the 12th pick will be nothing this draft, and they could have done better IMO. The draft dies in the ass after pick 7/8 this season.
    Not many solid starting PGs around.
    Could have done better for an expiring Jeff Teague?

Like...what?

Also, they aren't going to use the pick imo. I bet they are going to trade it in hopes of getting a rotation player or combine it with something to get a rotation player or two in hopes of keeping Horford.

At least that is what I assumed the plan was.

You guys realize that you don't actually have to use the pick...right? That these things are assets and be used in different ways...right?

Default Re: Breaking News: 3 Team Deal, Hawks, Pacers, Utah...George Hill going to Jazz...

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Could have done better for an expiring Jeff Teague?

Like...what?

Also, they aren't going to use the pick imo. I bet they are going to trade it in hopes of getting a rotation player or combine it with something to get a rotation player or two in hopes of keeping Horford.

At least that is what I assumed the plan was.

You guys realize that you don't actually have to use the pick...right? That these things are assets and be used in different ways...right?
    The point is the 12th pick has little value this season and Teague is worth more than it.
    So whether they use it or not is irrelevant, it's still not worth much.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Cos the 12th pick will be nothing this draft, and they could have done better IMO. The draft dies in the ass after pick 7/8 this season.
    Not many solid starting PGs around.
    I'm going to judge what Atlanta's future held based on what I saw in the playoffs and, after Game 2, Schroder was their defacto starting point guard and Teague watched the action from the bench.

Considering that and that Teague is expiring, I can't imagine the Hawks getting much more than Hill and a late lottery pick. That's actually more than I expected.

Good job by the Hawks.

The Pacers get to see if they can recreate Teague's All-Star season.

Works for me.

The point is the 12th pick has little value this season and Teague is worth more than it.
    So whether they use it or not is irrelevant, it's still not worth much.
    Teague is worth more than that to the Hawks?

Just no.

They are trying to keep Horford. And they really can't do that unless they build a better team.

The Hawks don't need Teague when he and Schroder seemed like they were just fighting for minutes against each other and Schroder just seemed better.

Lastly, Jeff Teague on an expiring contract about to become an ufa in this climate is not worth more than the 12th pick. Absolutely not...especially when the team in question doesn't even want him.

Huge win for the Hawks.

I still think you are missing the point or just ignoring it.
    In a perfect world, great it's the 12th pick.

In the actual 2016 NBA draft, it's nobody and it's why everyone in teens is trying to move out of their selection.

I actually think its a loss for Atlanta, they have gone down hill considerably since Ferry left, making bad trade after bad trade.

The rumor on the block is the Hawks are trying to package those two picks to trade. Not sure if it to move up or get a player. Coach Bud likes Buddy though

In the actual 2016 NBA draft, it's nobody and it's why everyone in teens is trying to move out of their selection.

I actually think its a loss for Atlanta, they have gone down hill considerably since Ferry left, making bad trade after bad trade.
    How is it a loss when they don't want him on the team and want to make moves to try and get better?

How can you say getting the 12th pick for a guy you don't want and a guy you will lose for nothing in a year is a loss?

Teague's no sack of shit either, he is a solid to good starting point guard.
    I was pretty impressed with most of his games in the playoffs, despite being coached so poorly and his minutes dragged up and down.

Quote Originally Posted by atljonesbro
    The rumor on the block is the Hawks are trying to package those two picks to trade. Not sure if it to move up or get a player. Coach Bud likes Buddy though
    Oh my god...shocking...

Oh my god...shocking...
    Bud and Bud. Dennis fam. Hawks 2017

Teague's no sack of shit either, he is a solid to good starting point guard.
    I was pretty impressed with most of his games in the playoffs, despite being coached so poorly and his minutes dragged up and down.
    Nobody is saying he sucks. It's that the Hawks don't want him and he's on an expiring contract.

You aren't factoring in the contract situation in your analysis at all. It's a huge part of this.

The difference between Teague on an expiring deal and Teague locked in on a good 4 year deal...is huge.

How is it a loss when they don't want him on the team and want to make moves to try and get better?

How can you say getting the 12th pick for a guy you don't want and a guy you will lose for nothing in a year is a loss?
    Because they didn't get enough value in the trade.
    The 12th pick is not a good pick this season.
    They've lost their starting point guard for someone who may never have any impact on their team.

The fact they don't want him, and would rather have Schroeder, says alot to me as to how inept the FO is.

It's a typical crappy Atlanta trade. What is their goal this season?
    If its the playoffs then this trade sucks, they could have got an actual player for him.
    If its rebuilding its sucks more, cos the 12th pick in shallow draft is hopeless for rebuilding.

Nobody is saying he sucks. It's that the Hawks don't want him and he's on an expiring contract.

You aren't factoring in the contract situation in your analysis at all. It's a huge part of this.

The difference between Teague on an expiring deal and Teague locked in on a good 4 year deal...is huge.
    I'm 100% factoring it in.

I'd rather trade him for a solid role player who is slightly worse talented but on a longer deal near the deadline, combined with a future 2nd, than this years 12th.

To make matters worse, they SHOULD want him to start for them, cos Shroeder is not a good starting point guard.

Bad trading and bad man management.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

You never know how a draft is going to turn out. I remember everyone jumping out of the 2011 draft because it was supposedly weak.

It turned out to be one of the best drafts of the last couple decades. You never know, and the 12 pick is a valuable piece because of it.

Because they didn't get enough value in the trade.
    The 12th pick is not a good pick this season.
    They've lost their starting point guard for someone who may never have any impact on their team.

The fact they don't want him, and would rather have Schroeder, says alot to me as to how inept the FO is.

It's a typical crappy Atlanta trade. What is their goal this season?
    If its the playoffs then this trade sucks, they could have got an actual player for him.
    If its rebuilding its sucks more, cos the 12th pick in shallow draft is hopeless for rebuilding.
    You realize Horford isn't coming back to play with the same team when nearly every team in the league would love to have him...right?

This move was to keep Horford by improving the team.

Just more of the same? You'd lose Horford and be forced to rebuild anyway...and you'd have nothing show for a player you don't want.

LOL...and stop pretending like you know there is no value at pick 12 this year. For all you know they move up or package it...and at least if they draft someone he has potential to be something this team wants.

I'll say it again...this team does not ****ing want Teague anymore...nor should they given what they see in Schroder.... and Teague's routine horrible scoring efficiency and nothing of note defense in the playoffs.