Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Should the Warriors sign Al Horford if they can't get Durant?

The salary cap for 2016 was announced today and it will be 94 million. Given Harrison Barnes poor performance I think the dubs should strongly consider looking for alternatives regardless of game 7's outcome. I think Barnes is vastly overrated and the dubs will have the flexibility to chase after a max player.

The Warriors would have 19 million in cap space if they were to renounce the rights to all their free agents. Salary dumping Bogut would give them 31.7 million in cap space. So the dubs would have Curry, Klay, Draygod, Iggy, Livingston, and Looney under contract with 31.7 million in cap space(26.7 million if they don't renounce Ezeli).

Durant and Horford are eligible to sign for up to $26.4 million for next season. I would salary dump Bogut and let Barnes walk for Horford if Durant doesn't sign.

Curry/Livingston
    Klay/?
    Iggy/?
    Draygod/Looney
    Horford/Ezeli

This is more realistic than Durant signing.

Default Re: Should the Warriors sign Al Horford if they can't get Durant?

That 3 point shooting... Also, Horford is a pretty good rim protector.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by raprap
    That 3 point shooting... Also, Horford is a pretty good rim protector.
    Yeah. Horford expanded his range to the 3 point line this season. Horford would be a massive upgrade to death lineup over Barnes. Barnes is just an overrated role player.

National High School Star

Horf and Torf would be the ultimate perfect addition. He'd gel so damn well and his defense is top notch.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by sundizz
    Horf and Torf would be the ultimate perfect addition. He'd gel so damn well and his defense is top notch.
    Yeah. He would be a huge upgrade over Barnes and Bogut.

Horford is not a bogut level rim protector.
    Having someone like Whiteside would be deadly.

7/11/14 We Witness NattyPButter's Avatar

be hard to beat them with someone that can also play in the post. Don't have to depend on jumpers.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by SexSymbol
    Horford is not a bogut level rim protector.
    Having someone like Whiteside would be deadly.
    Whiteside doesn't fit their offense though. Bogut doesn't close games in the 4th quarter. Barnes does.

Curry, Klay, Iggy, Draygod, and Horford >>> Curry, Klay, Iggy, Barnes, and Draygod.

Quote Originally Posted by Ca$H
    Whiteside doesn't fit their offense though. Bogut doesn't close games in the 4th quarter. Barnes does.

Curry, Klay, Iggy, Draygod, and Horford >>> Curry, Klay, Iggy, Barnes, and Draygod.
    yeah, you're correct on that.
    I guess having Horford would really help the team, especially with a good post presence and a guy who can actually post up.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ca$H
    The salary cap for 2016 was announced today and it will be 94 million. Given Harrison Barnes poor performance I think the dubs should strongly consider looking for alternatives regardless of game 7's outcome. I think Barnes is vastly overrated and the dubs will have the flexibility to chase after a max player.

The Warriors would have 19 million in cap space if they were to renounce the rights to all their free agents. Salary dumping Bogut would give them 31.7 million in cap space. So the dubs would have Curry, Klay, Draygod, Iggy, Livingston, and Looney under contract with 31.7 million in cap space(26.7 million if they don't renounce Ezeli).

Durant and Horford are eligible to sign for up to $26.4 million for next season. I would salary dump Bogut and let Barnes walk for Horford if Durant doesn't sign.

Curry/Livingston
    Klay/?
    Iggy/?
    Draygod/Looney
    Horford/Ezeli

This is more realistic than Durant signing.
    I doubt Ezeli is coming back. He's obviously not taking the qualifying offer...and it seems like Kerr has lost all faith in him.

Bogut is locked into his contract through next year anyway as well.

I think Barnes is gone if they lose...might be gone even if they win, but his price tag simply might get too big at this point. But I do think he's for sure gone if they lose.

I think Horford would be a great fit on this team. Absolutely great...only concern is health, but he's been rock solid in that area for 2 years pretty much now.

However, he might cost too much. I think Noah would be a great fit for the Warriors. Not sure how much he is going to cost though. He's 30 and coming off 2 terrible years.

If the Warriors could somehow add Noah and Marvin Williams...I think I like that better than Horford alone, but it's close.

Also, I'm not sure how easy it will be to dump Bogut just from a franchise perspective. It's one thing to let Barnes walk because he's going to demand so much money...but to just dump Bogut after the last 2 seasons...that's going to be difficult.

It's a really interesting situation though...but regardless of what happens;

Curry/Klay/Green/Iggy/Liv means you are going to be the favorite regardless really.

But yea...dump Bogut and replace him with Horford and vet mins or Noah/Marvin Williams type combo. The Warriors are as good or better for next year imo...

Good college starter Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

^ exactly. Bogs aint leaving, but Ezeli is.

I could dig a Horford signing. Though I don't like the idea of playing him at C. Any intelligent person knows he's really a PF.

How about GSW trades the lying, fake, tool Draymond to Orlando for Aaron Gordon? Then sign Horford?

Bogut
    Horford
    A Gordon
    Klay
    Steph
    -------
    Looney
    Iggy
    Livingston

Just that 8-man rotation is good enough for 50 wins. Wait til they get more FAs or re-sign their current ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak
    ^ exactly. Bogs aint leaving, but Ezeli is.

I could dig a Horford signing. Though I don't like the idea of playing him at C. Any intelligent person knows he's really a PF.

How about GSW trades the lying, fake, tool Draymond to Orlando for Aaron Gordon? Then sign Horford?

Bogut
    Horford
    A Gordon
    Klay
    Steph
    -------
    Looney
    Iggy
    Livingston

Just that 8-man rotation is good enough for 50 wins. Wait til they get more FAs or re-sign their current ones.
    orlando would be laughing their asses off at that trade unless golden state gets a lot of other stuff back in the trade too.. Too bad Orlando doesn't have much else that would interest GS(no point in Vucevic if you sign Horford). Orlando would become a playoff team with Green.

Good college starter Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NBAGOAT
    orlando would be laughing their asses off at that trade unless golden state gets a lot of other stuff back in the trade too.. Too bad Orlando doesn't have much else that would interest GS(no point in Vucevic if you sign Horford). Orlando would become a playoff team with Green.
    Well, GSW could look for depth (which they may need)...and towards the future?

How about this?

Orlando gets - Draymond Green
    GSW gets - Aaron Gordon + Shabazz Napier + #11 pick

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak
    Well, GSW could look for depth (which they may need)...and towards the future?

How about this?

Orlando gets - Draymond Green
    GSW gets - Aaron Gordon + Shabazz Napier + #11 pick
    Dude..the Warriors literally aren't trading Draymond Green for anyone. There is not a player in the league they'd trade him for. He was built in a lab to play with Steph and Klay...and play the Warriors style...on both ends.

People reading our posts;

Ethan Strauss ‏@SherwoodStrauss 11m11 minutes ago
    I can't predict what'll go viral. I see 2014 Kerr tweeting he'd take LeBron No. 1 in a Game 7 and find more shock in Noah's 3rd place rank
    5 retweets 19 likes
    Reply Retweet 5
    Like 19
    More
    User Actions
    Following

Tim MacMahonVerified account
    ‏@espn_macmahon
    @SherwoodStrauss Forget KD. Noah to Warriors this summer?!?

Get your own ideas clowns...