Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Home of the 16

Default Re: ☆Official 2016 Lakers Draft Thread | Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram train

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    Philly told Simmons yesterday they are taking him 1st.

Welcome our brand new Laker Brandon Ingram!! Best and most talented player since James Worthy
    No you didn't.

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: ☆Official 2016 Lakers Draft Thread | Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram train

I bet you if Chicago goes full rebuild now they would think about moving Jimmy Butler for that #2 pick. Maybe he goes to the Celtics since they have more to offer though. I just was thinking about how that team really isn't good. They may as well blow it up now. Noah and Gasol will walk. Rose is gone. It's just Butler and a few nice young players.

Quote Originally Posted by $LakerGold
    No you didn't.
    What other draft pick have we had more talented? Nick van Exel? Nah. D'angelo Russell? Nah.

I post-up midgets magic chiongson's Avatar

let's see what happens after 3 years. players we have drafted: elden campbell, van exel, eddie jones, bynum

Who should be there for the 32nd pick? Any Center or PF who can atleast contribute?
    Are these guys available?
    1. Tarczewski, Kaleb, Arizona.
    2. Przemek Karnowski, Gonzaga?
    3. Nikola Jovanovic of USC?

NBA lottery pick

Lakers have two solid PF's. I don't see any need for that position. C they need for sure though. Probably a guy to take Sacre's spot.

Home of the 16

Here we go, boys.

NBA lottery pick

Ooh the suspense. I wonder who they pick.

Home of the 16

Welcome to lalaland.

FA, here we come!

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    Lakers have two solid PF's. I don't see any need for that position. C they need for sure though. Probably a guy to take Sacre's spot.
    I only mentioned one PF who is 6-11 and have played spot minutes at center in Jovanovic. You are right, They really need a center esp Im so done with Sacre who can't even do a simple legal pick.
    Tarczewsky signed non guaranteed to play the SPL with Washington.
    Karnowski is actually a huge 7-2 behemoth from Gonzaga who destroyed UCLA 2 NCAA tournaments ago, he's got skills but might be too slow to cover and switch for PnR situations.
    Mitch doesn't get enough credit finding guys like Clarkson but I can't remember him finding good serviceable big guys like Miami.

I also like Josh Scott of Colorado, he was named PaC 12 both first team and first defensive team, he is 6-10 and 245 lbs but he also signed with Denver.
    Lakers badly need a center both as a starter and a backup and the one they just drafted is very raw. I'm not sure why they are not very active in signing atleast 4 centers with non guaranteed contracts and go from there.

NBA lottery pick

It has been in the rumors lately that they are going to go after Whiteside as their top target in free agency this week too.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    It has been in the rumors lately that they are going to go after Whiteside as their top target in free agency this week too.

I heard that too but there were also like 4 teams ready to offer the max with this guy who had concerns about his attitude.
    My question is, what is the downside of signing the 3 best available centers to play in the SPL and found out atleast if 1 or 2 are good enough to play for you. By doing nothing, you get ZERO chance of knowing.

I hope Ingram becomes our new franchise star.

Home of the 16

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    What other draft pick have we had more talented? Nick van Exel? Nah. D'angelo Russell? Nah.
    I completely misread that. Lol