Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NBA Draft 2016

Default Re: NBA Draft 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Jballer
    Raptors "trade down" or "draft and swap" to get Brice Johnson NC Power Forward. Utah or Phoenix are the other team in the swap at positions 12/13.

I think he is a senior with maturity. Our success with Tar Heels picks has been pretty good over the years. Solid program. Skilled player at a need position.

--

2nd pick in the first round : Taurean Prince Baylor.

See if you can trade out of the very bottom of the 1st round to grab a Taureen for example. They tried to move up the year they took Bruno to grab both Bruno and the Canadian PG kid from Syracuse (name ??)
    I definitely like trading down (or even up). There are a lot of promising players this year.

Depending on what Masai thinks he can accomplish, once other teams start guessing, moving up or down might be really beneficial.

Brice Johnson is nice...like his game...could be a good fit.

Jaylen Brown is too much of a project, imo, for the 9th pick. His talent is crazy, though.

Reminds me a lot of DD's college reportoire.

Tyler Ennis (Syracuse)...good prospect...will hopefully show what he can do on MIL next year.

Quote Originally Posted by @JLew1050
    "The only team in the last 25 years to make a Conference Final & draft in top-10 in the same season: 2003 Pistons (drafted Darko Milicic 2nd)

11:12 AM - 17 May 2016
    "

What a season!

64-32 (so far), & 2 1st round picks....including a lottery pick??!

Local High School Star

More updates from a pretty reliable site.

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2016/

Top pick.

Deyonta Davis is a new name to Raptor mocks. Spartan power forward. I almost view this prediction as a "safer pick for positional need" ...

...whereas I might speculate about Poetl the Austrian or Brice Johnson the PF from NC (who is ranked 29 here ??).

Our pick :

Another completely new name to me:

Juan Hernangomez - Spain. PF or 4/3 tweener.

No doubt we have good scouting in Spain and lots of (good) history with Spanish Players.

I have no idea about this player myself but it sounds "a lot" like Bruno who we already have in the 905ers....so I doubt it.

Would a Spanish player bring back the "Bargnani Fans to our forum" or were those guys Italian ?

Other notes:

I think this list undervalues big men again...where as the draft tends to actually elevate them. i.e. you cant teach size.

Diamond Stone and Steve Zimmerman are both projected as 2nd rounders. My suspicion is they both get picked up late first round.

That would leave open talent in the PG SG positions. Masai would probably pick there.

Local High School Star

New updates... hind sight is 20 / 20

http://www.si.com/nba/2016/06/03/nba...brandon-ingram

# 9 Jakob Poetl the Austrian Center

< because we loose Biz to free agency >

..."Skal Labissiere or Henry Ellenson could makes sense here as well, but Poeltl is better than either one, and ready to help now."

# 27 Patrick McCaw UNLV

New on the 1st round boards... evidently an upside talent guard lacking a 3 point shot...

Local High School Star

Consensus draft 2016 is out at draft.net

http://www.nbadraft.net/nba_mock_drafts/consensus

#9 Dom Sabonis..

I actually like this call. I liked his Dad all those years in Portland... Draft bloodlines usually work out - not always - but you get a productive player.. he is Lithuanian and should gel in the front court with Jonus having played with him in International Ball.

#27 Demetrius Jackson - PG Notre Dame

Maybe... but frankly at this point in the draft choosing the guy with the most upside (Bruno) is the call. Point Guard wise its the last position we need and there is likely other with more upside.

Local High School Star

Sabonis is only working out for 4 teams...

Boston / Utah / Pheonix (all with multiple picks IIRC) ...

Toronto.

Hmmm

Local High School Star

Rationale to Trade Down:

The 2016 draft class is about to be the source of the best contracts in the NBA. They are the last rookie class locked into the scaled deals of this salary cap, the very salary cap that is about to increase to over $90 million.

--

So do you think Masai is working to trade down ?

Is number 9 worth the bottom end picks (i.e. 2 ) from Philly / Boston / Phoenix ?

Given where we are in CAP space is it better to see if old Bryan Colangelo will part with numbers 24 and 26 (and then our 27) for 9 over all ??

Hmm...

What if you think you could get say...

Juan Hermangomez Spain - Demetrius Jackson PG Notre Dame - and Brice Johnson Duke ...

(assuming those guys are actually available)

Pretty interesting nucleus with Bruno and Bebe... could be the 'potential Eastern Conference semi finalist in 2021 if you could add some more as well... 2 picks next year

Local High School Star

Bleacher reports final or close to D Day.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ound-prospects

Poetl comes up.

I seriously have doubts about this being true.

Not withstanding the likelihood we big man Biz... there is still Val and Bebe in the pipeline.

I just don't see Masai / Dwayne being after another traditional big in a pace and gun game. Especially as traditional bigs are like 5 year projects.

Decent college freshman Dr.Funk's Avatar

If we don't trade the pick Sabonis is the guy I want.

Local High School Star

Ask and yee shall receive.

Final BLRPT by Wasserman... a guy well connected and close to the mark

9 ) Sabonis

27) Michael Gbinije - Nigerian playing in Syc with the Orangemen. Stretch pick of a "player impressive in combines".

I would prefer Taureen Prince (SF) or especially Demetrius Jackson (PG) - Notre Dame if he falls to us... can't have too many mature PGs.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ctions/page/10

Local High School Star

I think we can now officially call Sabonis a Lock....

With the 9th overall selection in the NBA 2016 draft the Toronto Raptors select

Domantas Sabonis (Gonzaga, PF/C, Sophomore)

Sabonis (Gonzaga, PF/C, Sophomore)

nice prospect.

still hoping Marquese Chriss falls to #9

NICE DRAFT

man, next playoffs im pledging to make an ISH forum sign to recruit raptors fans

Local High School Star

I think we can now officially call Sabonis a Lock....

With the 9th overall selection in the NBA 2016 draft the Toronto Raptors select

Domantas Sabonis (Gonzaga, PF/C, Sophomore)
    WRONG

Local High School Star

Si.com

Grade B+

With Bismack Biyombo likely priced out from a return to Toronto, the center position became a need for the Raptors. They should be poised for another playoff run, and found some pro-ready help at No. 9 in Poeltl, whose back to the basket skills and size make him a nice asset. He likely can