Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Default "Kobe is more skilled than Jordan"

Why do people say this? When you ask them "how?" They say he has more range and better handles. What's your take?

Was Kobe more skilled than Jordan and Jordan's athletic edge was the difference maker or is that some BS?

Default Re: "Kobe is more skilled than Jordan"

Ppl have to realize that players like MJ, Shaq and even Lebron were faaaaaaaaaar more athletic than Kobe and yet Kobe is still seen on their level career wise (aside from MJ). He is more skilled than MJ but he didnt have MJs physical advantages. The biggest one IMO is motor. MJ could go so hard on both ends but Kobe had to extrapolate his energy more for offense b/c he didnt have that same motor that MJ had.

MJ was a better athlete and had a higher bball IQ. I think their basic footwork, dribbling and shooting skills are very comparable though.

Jordan Was A More Physically Talented Player But Skill Wise I Think Kobe And Jordan Are As Close As Possible. Kobe Is As Good As He Could Have Been, He Put In As Much Work As He Possibly Could. You Gotta Respect That. Jordan Is Better Than Kobe Because He Could Simply Jump Higher, Run Faster, Etc.

Local High School Star

Jordan may have had a physical advantage over kobe, but lets not act like mj didnt damn near kill himself in the gym.

Decent playground baller razzredazzre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtaro CP3KDKG
    Ppl have to realize that players like MJ, Shaq and even Lebron were faaaaaaaaaar more athletic than Kobe and yet Kobe is still seen on their level career wise (aside from MJ). He is more skilled than MJ but he didnt have MJs physical advantages. The biggest one IMO is motor. MJ could go so hard on both ends but Kobe had to extrapolate his energy more for offense b/c he didnt have that same motor that MJ had.
    /thread

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheMilkyBarKid
    Jordan may have had a physical advantage over kobe, but lets not act like mj didnt damn near kill himself in the gym.
    I think he said in documentary that he didn't work out in the gym a lot in the beginning of his career and during his 1st peat. He didn't watch what he ate either. He ate a bunch of junk food in the beginning of his career.

During his 2nd peat he condition himself better with his workouts and nutrition.

I don't know if young Kobe did the same thing or not.

Anyway, IMO Kobe didn't really do a lot of things better than Jordan in terms of skills from what I saw. Probably just ball handling and long range. The rest are probably just equal or Jordan is better, mostly due to his athleticism and better bball IQ.

One of the things Jordan is better at that doesn't rely on his athleticism is off the ball movement. Jordan was better. He was a better catch and shot player too, which contributed to his off the ball movement. Kobe wasn't that type of player. He liked to dribble more often to get in his rhythm breaking the offense sometimes while Jordan got in rhythm of the team better keeping the offense flowing. I think Kobe have the ability to do that, but he never was consistent enough. He does it in stretches. Jordan made that apart of his game. But Jordan did break the offense too, but he didn't often as Kobe did.

There are other small things. But as I said, from what I seen of them, they seem to be either equal or Jordan is better usually in terms of skills.
    Last edited by Micku; 01-07-2014 at 01:00 AM.

Kobe seems to have shown a broader skill set than Jordan did but I think that's also hurt him in his efficiency, Kobe seems to wanna show us he can do it all. Jordan didn't really yearn for that.

Kobelicious

kobe has better footwork,

jordan is kobe with lebron body

with that MPC swing. Brokenbeat's Avatar

That about covers it.

College superstar AintNoSunshine's Avatar

Sorry but he wouldn't be had he not been lucky enough to be peak Shaq's second banana. He's more skilled than Shaq because he's a guard, but he's not more skilled than Lebron, he has nothing on him aside from FT shooting.

National High School Star funnystuff's Avatar

A poster above me actually thought this post was intelligent.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by funnystuff
    A poster above me actually thought this post was intelligent.
    Not just one, but a couple.

kobe has the best feet game i've ever seen.

Banned

His feet game is on point, yes.