Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Was Jason Kidd ever really a DOMINANT player?

we know he put up good stats and crap on the nets teams that made the finals but can we really say that he was dominant player? were other teams game planning to stop him? would he ever recieve constant double teams? I would like to say no, this is why i would put steve nash over him all time because he wasnt a dominant force like nash was on offensive, if were being completely honest here, i think point guards were happy to guard kidd cuz they didnt have to work that hard on the defensive end

Banned

Default Re: Was Jason Kidd ever really a DOMINANT player?

other than in his Nets days, he's irrelevant.

Possessed by B-Ball Ancient Legend's Avatar

For once I agree with a Kobe fan.

Kidd's best years were in the weakest Eastern conference ever. While a great passer and defender, he never could shoot to save his life, and led the league in assists while playing against weak teams and PGs, while is Nash only one year younger and is still playing like an MVP, still holding his own against D-Will, CP3, Westbrook, can't say the same about Kidd.

no, but he still a top 5 point guard of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by KB2clutch
    we know he put up good stats and crap on the nets teams that made the finals but can we really say that he was dominant player? were other teams game planning to stop him? would he ever recieve constant double teams? I would like to say no, this is why i would put steve nash over him all time because he wasnt a dominant force like nash was on offensive, if were being completely honest here, i think point guards were happy to guard kidd cuz they didnt have to work that hard on the defensive end
    Kidd used to be one of the faster PG in NBA. The current Jason Kidd isn't the prime Kidd (if you dont understand about aging, however). Also, when you think its easy task to guard him, Kidd would kill you with his outstanding court vision.

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient Legend
    For once I agree with a Kobe fan.

Kidd's best years were in the weakest Eastern conference ever. While a great passer and defender, he never could shoot to save his life, and led the league in assists while playing against weak teams and PGs, while is Nash only one year younger and is still playing like an MVP, still holding his own against D-Will, CP3, Westbrook, can't say the same about Kidd.
    This is why age doesn't matter Kidd has played 2 more seasons and in those seasons Kidd played more games and minutes.

yes he was a dominant player. He carried teams, that is dominating basketball.

please don't confuse today Kidd against Prime Kidd with the Suns or Nets, kid just killed it.

He was the fastest dude I had ever seen with the ball, that includes anyone today. He was faster with the ball than without it. He did it with getting to the bucket, setting up his guys, playing lockdown defense. Only think was his shot was nonexhistent, yet in a league where you can handcheck, he still got to the rim with ease.

College superstar The Iron Fist's Avatar

Kidd>>>>>>>>>>nash

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist
    Kidd>>>>>>>>>>nash
    You truly are a dumb piece of fvck.

Nash > Kidd and it ain't even remotely close.

Quote Originally Posted by Crown&Coke
    yes he was a dominant player. He carried teams, that is dominating basketball.

please don't confuse today Kidd against Prime Kidd with the Suns or Nets, kid just killed it.

He was the fastest dude I had ever seen with the ball, that includes anyone today. He was faster with the ball than without it. He did it with getting to the bucket, setting up his guys, playing lockdown defense. Only think was his shot was nonexhistent, yet in a league where you can handcheck, he still got to the rim with ease.
    no way prime Kidd is quicker than current Rose

i remember the days when kidd got teh long rebound, it would be an automatic 2 points on the other end. he was so quick

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Hell yes he was.

College superstar The Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleChuck

When was the last time Nash led a team to two finals in a row?

Is it about the last time Nash played d?

Good college starter Noob Saibot's Avatar

Jason Kidd was one of those few guards who could play equally well on both ends. The Nets players surrounding Kidd complimented his game very well because they could run the floor along with him. guys like Keynon Martin, Kerry Kittles, Richard Jefferson to name a few.

A master of triple doubles in his prime. so in his peak, he was playing amongst the fastest team in the league back in the early 00s which made them so dangerous with Kidd at centerpiece of it all. Kidd was an elite guard for a short time mainly for his hustle and court vision. I believe Nash's prime lasted longer however and he has accolades.

Nash and Kidd are about even in terms of point guard greatness.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleChuck

it aint even close??? wow is all I can say.

It is arguable either way, but you are forgetting how insanely good JKidd was