Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Local High School Star TheReturn's Avatar

Default Re: Why isn't Deng respected more by NBA fans?

People can hate on the Bulls and their players all they want, but right now they've won 5 straight games and we're not even playing well. Boozer and Deng have been playing well most of the season so far. Butler has been a bit invisible, but played well last night. If he can get his confidence up to where it was in the playoffs and just plays ball, he's a great piece to have. Rose and Noah just need to get their legs under them and we'll be fine.

Also, Butler is in no way better than Deng at this point. Sure he has potential, but Deng is a consistent 15 ppg scorer and a great defender and rebounder. And this is coming from someone who loves Butler's game.

Also, Rose has been doing a great job at setting up his teammates, last night he got Jimmy and Dunleavy a couple of open shots by driving and kicking and playing pick and pop/roll well with the bigs. Guys just need to start making shots.

My perspective on the Bulls, bit random in this thread perhaps..

Quote Originally Posted by TheReturn
    People can hate on the Bulls and their players all they want, but right now they've won 5 straight games and we're not even playing well. Boozer and Deng have been playing well most of the season so far. Butler has been a bit invisible, but played well last night. If he can get his confidence up to where it was in the playoffs and just plays ball, he's a great piece to have. Rose and Noah just need to get their legs under them and we'll be fine.

Also, Butler is in no way better than Deng at this point. Sure he has potential, but Deng is a consistent 15 ppg scorer and a great defender and rebounder. And this is coming from someone who loves Butler's game.

Also, Rose has been doing a great job at setting up his teammates, last night he got Jimmy and Dunleavy a couple of open shots by driving and kicking and playing pick and pop/roll well with the bigs. Guys just need to start making shots.

My perspective on the Bulls, bit random in this thread perhaps..
    agreed cant believe some bulls fans think jimmy butler is already better than Deng

"rose isnt a legit star"
    exposed. even with rose playing the way he is he is still a legit star. if you watched the game last night, which you didnt, all you do is look at box scores, you would have saw the bobcats double teaming him in clutch time, leaving noah or boozer open to score points. he even hit 2 clutch shots.

judging rose coming off a acl injury with a sample size of 8 games isnt being objective or real. i could find an 8 game stretch with lebron playing terrible and say in that moment "lebron isnt a legit star"

using 8 games over 200 games where rose played like a superstar to claim he isnt a legit star

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    exposed. even with rose playing the way he is he is still a legit star. if you watched the game last night, which you didnt, all you do is look at box scores, you would have saw the bobcats double teaming him in clutch time, leaving noah or boozer open to score points. he even hit 2 clutch shots.

judging rose coming off a acl injury with a sample size of 8 games isnt being objective or real. i could find an 8 game stretch with lebron playing terrible and say in that moment "lebron isnt a legit star"

using 8 games over 200 games where rose played like a superstar to claim he isnt a legit star
    Rose is not a legit star so far this year. That comment came in response to someone saying that even when Rose gets back to playing like a legit star...the Bulls still won't be elite.

And I could not disagree more. You put a 25/4/8 Rose on this team and they are again an elite team winning near 60 games. Right now though, Rose has been awful. You call him a legit star? I can only assume our definitions are far different. He's been no better than Calderon so far in the year...in fact, he's probably been worse.

He's averaging 15/3/5 on 44% TS...that is just awful production. Awful. That is not average play. It's well below average. His PER to date is 9.2. Sorry, you calling his play this year so far..."legit stardom" makes all my points for me.

Rose, according to his fans, can do no wrong...while his teammates can do no right. Rose has been maybe the 4th best player on his team to date...

I never said it won't change. I've never said Rose isn't overall the best player on the Bulls. So that isn't even an argument of mine. But so far this season...calling Rose a "legit star" is ****ing laughable.

Great college starter Quickening's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Do you watch basketball? He played with a spiteful, passive-aggressive, un-happy Dwight Howard. Who already was 70% of the player he was prior to the back injury, AT BEST.

Pau Gasol has been irrelevant in LA since Shannon Brown banged his fiance in 2011. On top of that he was injured a lot as well last season. And then Nash, at 39 years old, couldn't stay healthy, shell of his former offensive self and was irrelevant defensively. Not to mention the coaching changes. It isn't the roster it was hyped to be on PAPER. So don't act like Kobe was playing with prime, healthy, motivated versions of these guys.

I'm pretty confident you didn't watch the games. Kevin Durant didn't do shit without Russell Westbrook. So why is he so much more well regarded than Kobe beyond his more youthful age?

Even though Kobe takes plays off on defense, which I admitted so learn to read, he can still lock a player up on call if he's hyped enough. Durant can't do that. KD's production is also INSANELY padded with free throws via soft calls.

What basketball do YOU watch?!

Kobe alienated himself at the start of the season as the leader with his machismo bull shit, and his gunning for scoring records. But once he settled down and tried to win, he was brilliant. He even had a stretch where he was an amazing facilitator. He dragged a hurt, old, injured, poorly coached team with a malcontent free agent bitch in Dwight Howard into the playoffs kicking and screaming.

To ME, it was more impressive than Kevin Durant's season. Hell, you have parts of the OKC fan base who argue Westbrook is actually their best player. Yet I'm supposed to believe he's definitively the 2nd best player in the league?

Fukk outta here, kiddo. Watch the game, decide for yourself.
    Coincidentally the lakers have been completely irrelevant since Pau stopped giving a shit... almost as if Kobe needs stacked team mates, in great form to mask his inefficient shot jacking, and piss poor defence.

Just look at Durants stats for last year, and compare them to Kobes, not in the same league, "bu bu but stats dont matter, Kobe is clutch gawd" ... he also was better defensively, I dont give a fck about Kobe blocking Lebron in the ASG Sad that was the highlight of Kobes year.

Kobe wasn't in the top 10 best players of last years, dude is a straight up passenger on defence, a locker room cancer, and a black hole offensively.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Rose is not a legit star so far this year. That comment came in response to someone saying that even when Rose gets back to playing like a legit star...the Bulls still won't be elite.

And I could not disagree more. You put a 25/4/8 Rose on this team and they are again an elite team winning near 60 games. Right now though, Rose has been awful. You call him a legit star? I can only assume our definitions are far different. He's been no better than Calderon so far in the year...in fact, he's probably been worse.

He's averaging 15/3/5 on 44% TS...that is just awful production. Awful. That is not average play. It's well below average. His PER to date is 9.2. Sorry, you calling his play this year so far..."legit stardom" makes all my points for me.

Rose, according to his fans, can do no wrong...while his teammates can do no right. Rose has been maybe the 4th best player on his team to date...

I never said it won't change. I've never said Rose isn't overall the best player on the Bulls. So that isn't even an argument of mine. But so far this season...calling Rose a "legit star" is ****ing laughable.
    You totally misquoted him. Hes saying even though Roses play has been subpar (hes acknowledged Rose is not playing well) based on his career, hes still a super star.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    You totally misquoted him. Hes saying even though Roses play has been subpar (hes acknowledged Rose is not playing well) based on his career, hes still a super star.
    Then he is misquoting me...because I never said Rose, based on his career, was not a star.

I specifically said that Rose is not a legit star this year. Why on earth someone would talk about his career in response to that boggles the mind.