Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default The status of Best in the league is up for stake this year...do you agree?

With the Rise of stars on a path to greatness (Durant, Rose) and older players who are known to turn it up in the post season (Dirk, Kobe), is it safe to say whoever wins a ring and gets the Finals MVP, they are the new top dog of the league? After Dirk's godly performance last year, people were easily calling him the best before he dropped at the beginning of the year.

This is the first time in a while where the cream of the crop has been close enough where a few people could claim it instead of just 1 or 2.

Default Re: The status of Best in the league is up for stake this year...do you agree?

Quote Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu
    With the Rise of stars on a path to greatness (Durant, Rose) and older players who are known to turn it up in the post season (Dirk, Kobe), is it safe to say whoever wins a ring and gets the Finals MVP, they are the new top dog of the league? After Dirk's godly performance last year, people were easily calling him the best before he dropped at the beginning of the year.

This is the first time in a while where the cream of the crop has been close enough where a few people could claim it instead of just 1 or 2.
    I think it's safe to say if Lebron doesn't win it all again this year not many will have him as the best. Guess it depends how well Thunder do....Durant could be the new king.

Banned

Default Re: The status of Best in the league is up for stake this year...do you agree?

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    I think it's safe to say if Lebron doesn't win it all again this year not many will have him as the best. Guess it depends how well Thunder do....Durant could be the new king.
    I got Durant and Rose as the main two. Both of them getting rings before lebron would be huge, and diminish the little things people use against them. Especially if either of them display the same ridiculous clutchness they've shown through the season.

For Rose to Lebron, it reminds me of the A.I to Shaq comparison.....Shaq clearly the bigger, better defender, who put up better stats. Compared to A.I, who had the winning mentality, and did the impossible at times. If A.I won the ring that year, I could easily have seen him being called best in the league.
    Last edited by Tenchi Ryu; 03-26-2012 at 02:55 AM.

Dunking on everybody in the park CardiacKemba's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu
    I got Durant and Rose as the main two. Both of them getting rings before lebron would be huge, and diminish the little things people use against them. Especially if either of them display the same ridiculous clutchness they've shown through the season.

For Rose to Lebron, it reminds me of the A.I to Shaq comparison.....Shaq clearly the bigger, better defender, who put up better stats. Compared to A.I, who had the winning mentality, and did the impossible at times. If A.I won the ring that year, I could easily have seen him being called best in the league.
    Bad comparison because there is no way AI would have been the better player over Shaq that year even if he won.

Local High School Star

It is indeed I think Durant and Rose have already taken it from Lebron. IMO if Rose were healthy though it would be his, but since he's missed games a two-way tie. Kobe is still nearby which is amazing for someone with as much mileage as him

Michael Jordan of ISH

Rose isn't even top 5.

LeBron and Durant are CLEARLY the best two players in the game with a gap after them followed by Howard & Wade.

If LeBron or Durant win the FMVP, they will be the unanimous best player in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by 28renyoy
    Rose isn't even top 5.

LeBron and Durant are CLEARLY the best two players in the game with a gap after them followed by Howard & Wade.

If LeBron or Durant win the FMVP, they will be the unanimous best player in the game.
    how is rose not even top5

"The status of Best in the league is up for stake this year...do you agree?"

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blablabla
    how is rose not even top5
    This year?

Durant/Lebron/Howard...for sure better

Love/Westbrook/Kobe/Wade/Paul...all arguably better this year

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by demons2005
    It is indeed I think Durant and Rose have already taken it from Lebron. IMO if Rose were healthy though it would be his, but since he's missed games a two-way tie. Kobe is still nearby which is amazing for someone with as much mileage as him
    Everyone is overreacting off of one game, but I still think Westbrook>=Durant.

If Durant didn't have Westbrook to take the pressure off of him. Durant would just be another Ray Allen.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    This year?

Durant/Lebron/Howard...for sure better

Love/Westbrook/Kobe/Wade/Paul...all arguably better this year
    love..will his team make the playoffs no
    westbrook...please
    kobe...too many bad games worse record than the bulls
    wade...hell no worse stats worse defense worse record
    paul..the clippers aren't even a .500 team since billups got injured

rose is the 4th best player this year despite missing some time

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blablabla
    love..will his team make the playoffs no
    westbrook...please
    kobe...too many bad games worse record than the bulls
    wade...hell no worse stats worse defense worse record
    paul..the clippers aren't even a .500 team since billups got injured

rose is the 4th best player this year despite missing some time
    Are you using MVP criteria or just best player? Because Love has simply played better than Rose this year. Not even really debatable.

Rose has not only missed a lot of time, but his team is proving to be elite even without him. So you can toss out "wins" as a main criteria because they are winning without him. Rose has missed 16 of 50 games....LOL. Bulls are now 12-4 without him. And statistically he's been good, but not great:

23/8/4 on 45% shooting and he's played poorly overall in crunch time this year

LOL at acting like Westbrook over Rose this season is some crazy notion. Westbrook has better stats, is also winning, hasn't missed a lot of games, and has played much better in crunch time.

Rose could be argued for top 5....he could also be argued for not top 8.

Michael Jordan of ISH

Quote Originally Posted by Celtics4ever
    Everyone is overreacting off of one game, but I still think Westbrook>=Durant.

If Durant didn't have Westbrook to take the pressure off of him. Durant would just be another Ray Allen.

If Durant didn't have Westbrook, he would be averaging 35 ppg

Banned

It's between Durant and Lebron. I don't think anyone else is close really. Dwight Howard is 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by 28renyoy

If Durant didn't have Westbrook, he would be averaging 35 ppg