Default Mikhail Prokhorov

Mikhail Prokhorov

Default Re: Mikhail Prokhorov

I am kinda surprised that Kidd did it, to me it seems more likely that we fire him but instead this happened. Perhaps Kidd knows what he did last season was substandard and he decided to be the one to pull the trigger instead. Just like a girl sensing you are about to dump her, she will find a way to dump you first so that you look like the dumpee and shes the dumper.

   

Default Re: Mikhail Prokhorov

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    Just like a girl sensing you are about to dump her, she will find a way to dump you first so that you look like the dumpee and shes the dumper.
    speaking strictly from stories you've heard, correct?

what's interesting about this story is that kidd is the one who says he moved on and the only times he has a 'lapse' and talks about the nets is when someone asks him.... which leads to another go-round from everyone, naturally.

but at the end of the day, what i got out of the situation is that kidd clashed heavily with his GM. the strangeness of the whole process and the allegations were probably just smoke swirling around that central fire.

i notice a lot of fans on ND still raging against kidd, but i think he basically did what plenty of other high-level players and execs do in the NBA-- when they have leverage, they don't just sit on their hands. they put it to use to get what they want. kidd is not necessarily a bad coach or bad guy in this, and the nets didn't necessarily do anything wrong. to have two high-level personalities clashing on every little thing is a recipe for chaos.

prokhy and his group are also the ones who agitated for kidd over king's objections and blew through tonnes of future picks to avoid rebuilding. so yea, it's all very well to swag your swagger over an easy target, but that's a -different- form of smoke screen, mikhail.

i'd say things worked out for the best all the way around, plus the nets look like they'll be good this year. let's give the kidd stuff a rest, dude....