Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: 2015 Playoff standings

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Will be nice to see one more Spurs/Mavs series. Hopefully it's as good as it was last year (best playoff series last year probably)...
    Yeah man.... every single game except game 7 could have gone either way, pretty sure they all went down to the wire, last 2 minutes. You also feel like last year's team is alot better than this years? Record wise they're damn similar, but 2014 Mavs felt like they hung alot better with other top teams, and no Rondo/Parsons, but a Dirk at the back end of his prime, better constructed team, guys like VC with good production. I liked it alot more. Felt like we could contend for the TITLE, tbh.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Default Re: 2015 Playoff standings

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    Yeah man.... every single game except game 7 could have gone either way, pretty sure they all went down to the wire, last 2 minutes. You also feel like last year's team is alot better than this years? Record wise they're damn similar, but 2014 Mavs felt like they hung alot better with other top teams, and no Rondo/Parsons, but a Dirk at the back end of his prime, better constructed team, guys like VC with good production. I liked it alot more. Felt like we could contend for the TITLE, tbh.
    I definitely feel like we were a better team last year, however, the ceiling on this current team, if healthy, is clearly much higher.

My expectations have been pretty low all year because I didn't think this team fit great together both pre and post Rondo trade.

But while the pieces don't fit together great imo, the pieces themselves are really good.

Amare and Aminu have been fantastic. Charlie V can change a game in 3 minutes off the bench. Barea/Devin are no pushovers.

Will it come together? Probably not, but at least there are the pieces there to make a great team sweat a bit.

While last year taking the Spurs to 7 did really push them, but I didn't feel like we could actually win a game 7 on the road. This year...I'd give us a legit chance to win a road game 7 against elite teams if we somehow got there.

Obviously playing the Rockets would be much easier and I actually think we'd win that series, but that can't happen now...and another Mavs vs Spurs series with Duncan/Dirk/Pop is pretty damn cool when you think about all the way back to 2001 and now it's 2015.

Default Re: 2015 NBA Playoff seedings

Last game day

Houston wins tonight, were in a good spot.

ISH' Muslim Community LEFT4DEAD's Avatar

Why are the Blazers 4th seed, when they have a worse winning percentage than the Rockets and the Grizzlies. What am I missing here?

Local High School Star kenny817's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LEFT4DEAD
    Why are the Blazers 4th seed, when they have a worse winning percentage than the Rockets and the Grizzlies. What am I missing here?
    They won their division

ISH' Muslim Community LEFT4DEAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kenny817
    They won heir division so they are guaranteed a top 4 seed
    Thats dumb. I thought its only decisive when two teams have the same record.