Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    Krust Kingz

Default Re: Chris Duhon agrees to join Knicks

Quote Originally Posted by lawlerslaw100
    Donny Walsh and Mike D Antoni will build a winner out of the Knicks.
    This is one of the first moves. Don't expect much out of them
    this year. The Knicks will be a playoff team in 2010, the second
    year of rebuilding.
    I want to get to .500 and if they do more I will be ecstatic
    If we dont keep Marbury though and have Nate and Mardy as back up PG's or using Crawford at PG dont think .500 is possible...

Learning to shoot layups Detroitguy113's Avatar

Got to see Duhon play against the Pistons when they came to the Palace mid-season. Good shooter and good speed, but didn't get much of a chance in that packed backcourt. Great pickup for the Knicks right now IMO.

Local High School Star WoGiTaLiA1's Avatar

Default Re: Chris Duhon and Knicks are close to deal

Donnie Walsh already has the Knicks further towards winning that Isiah managed in his stay and Layden before that.

Great signing, only way it would have been better would be to lock him up long term, at worst he is a very good backup PG, with the right guys around him he is a very servicable starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitguy113
    Got to see Duhon play against the Pistons when they came to the Palace mid-season. Good shooter and good speed, but didn't get much of a chance in that packed backcourt. Great pickup for the Knicks right now IMO.
    wtf...i see this all over the internet. In no way possible would Duhon ever qualify as a good shooter unless he has a career night. The guy straight blows in all facets of scoring. His defenders respected him so little, they wouldn't even guard him. They'd just leave him to double Ben Gordon or Luol Deng. Duhon would just sit behind the arch bricking 3 after 3. Duhon sucks at scoring. He is undersized, and slow for a PG compared to Kirk Hinrich, Larry Hughes, and Derrick Rose. What Duhon does well is defend (to some degree) and pass the ball. He can easily get worked in the post by bigger PG's like Baron Davis and Chauncey Billups because Chris Duhon is small. Plus he developed an attitude problem last year as well as his current drinking problem. He's got his downfalls but could be a capable back up. The fact that the Knicks will start him is downright hilarious and shows how bad that team really is. They seem to take Chicago Bull rejects and insert them directly into their starting line up. 60% of NY's starters are Chicago Bull REJECTS.

With a starting backcourt of Duhon-Crawford, the Knicks' guards will struggle to hit on 40% of their field goals game in and game out. Who will do the scoring? It's going to be funny watching D'Antoni suck it up for atleast the next 2 years as it is evident by this signing that new york doesn't think it can contend until atleast 2010.

Learning to shoot layups Detroitguy113's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JPR
    wtf...i see this all over the internet. In no way possible would Duhon ever qualify as a good shooter unless he has a career night. The guy straight blows in all facets of scoring. His defenders respected him so little, they wouldn't even guard him. They'd just leave him to double Ben Gordon or Luol Deng. Duhon would just sit behind the arch bricking 3 after 3. Duhon sucks at scoring. He is undersized, and slow for a PG compared to Kirk Hinrich, Larry Hughes, and Derrick Rose. What Duhon does well is defend (to some degree) and pass the ball. He can easily get worked in the post by bigger PG's like Baron Davis and Chauncey Billups because Chris Duhon is small. Plus he developed an attitude problem last year as well as his current drinking problem. He's got his downfalls but could be a capable back up. The fact that the Knicks will start him is downright hilarious and shows how bad that team really is. They seem to take Chicago Bull rejects and insert them directly into their starting line up. 60% of NY's starters are Chicago Bull REJECTS.

With a starting backcourt of Duhon-Crawford, the Knicks' guards will struggle to hit on 40% of their field goals game in and game out. Who will do the scoring? It's going to be funny watching D'Antoni suck it up for atleast the next 2 years as it is evident by this signing that new york doesn't think it can contend until atleast 2010.
    I agree he would get beatup by BD, Billups... maybe. He is undersized.. but so is Chris Paul and Allen Iverson. I'm not saying he'll ever be as good as either, but if these guys were never given a chance to start while just saying their too small, they would be buried on a depth chart somewhere. Duhon has definetly earned his chance to start somewhere, and the Knicks seem like a good fit.

I never said he was a great shooter, but he does have the range to hit some big shots. He's a much better three point shooter than a lot of solid starting PG's in the league, and that ability will also spread the floor for low post players like Gallinari and Randolph. Kind of a risk-reward because Walsh is giving him $12 million for 2 years without being a proven starter at the NBA level, but Duhon deserved his chance to be starting PG somewhere at sometime.

I rule the local playground Inspector Rick's Avatar

Duhons tenure with the Bulls didnt play out like I had expected. In crunch time the guy seems to lose his mind and make the most horrible play you can imagine. It's like he's playing for the other team.

Which is strange because I thought Duh would be one of the most head strong PG's in league. Like a Stockton-lite. Maybe Kirk Hinrich was spiking his gatorade or something.

Bump

"The Residential Pit" franchize's Avatar

If we dont keep Marbury though and have Nate and Mardy as back up PG's or using Crawford at PG dont think .500 is possible...
    So if we have a full season of what we had last year is basically what your saying right?

lmao when is the madness going to end?What drugs are some of you on cuz I haven't done drugs but if they can trip you out that much to say stuff like this and actually believe it,maybe I should partake a la Dewey Cox.

Krust Kingz

Quote Originally Posted by franchize
    So if we have a full season of what we had last year is basically what your saying right?

lmao when is the madness going to end?What drugs are some of you on cuz I haven't done drugs but if they can trip you out that much to say stuff like this and actually believe it,maybe I should partake a la Dewey Cox.
    You believe a season without Marbury on the roster and the only back up PG's are Nate, Mardy and moving Crawford to the point, the Knicks CAN be .500 or over .500?

Lucy you gots some splaining to do?

Learning to shoot layups KnicksFan11's Avatar

I don't think the Knicks will be able to trade Randolph before the season starts

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksFan11
    I don't think the Knicks will be able to trade Randolph before the season starts
    Probably not, but I would love to see it happen

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Rick
    Duhons tenure with the Bulls didnt play out like I had expected. In crunch time the guy seems to lose his mind and make the most horrible play you can imagine. It's like he's playing for the other team.

Which is strange because I thought Duh would be one of the most head strong PG's in league. Like a Stockton-lite. Maybe Kirk Hinrich was spiking his gatorade or something.

Kind of what i was thinking. The guy needs a chance to shine which is what he will get with the Knicks.

I wouldn't have dropped of 6 mil a season for him though.

"The Residential Pit" franchize's Avatar

You believe a season without Marbury on the roster and the only back up PG's are Nate, Mardy and moving Crawford to the point, the Knicks CAN be .500 or over .500?

Lucy you gots some splaining to do?
    no....I believe we are going to stink.I was disagreeing with the people who said we could be good.I'm probably the biggest Marbury fan in the Knicks forum.

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

JPR making a fool out of himself