Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Durant, Lebron and Kobe Playoff Gamewinners:

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Those are basketball-reference single shots matching criteria... only regular season... and only past 2 seasons (more like almost 1 and a half).... and only 0:05 or less remaining...

Problem 1 - This nullifies the gamewinning/gametying shot you had with 0:06 left and above (which Lebron/Kobe did have, including misses)...

Problem 2 - This nullifies their entire career of total gamewinning/gametying shots...

Problem 3 - This nullifies the playoffs (and even if playoffs were included then problem #1 and #2 would also exist for it)

With other words, that there is absolutely useless unless you want to know exactly how everything looked like with those specific criterias (horrible criterias may i add)....
    Oh yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by The ****ing Article
    the following criteria: regular season or playoffs,
    I guess we can disregard everything you say pauk, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Funk
    Kobe went through a huge slump from 2002-2004, Lebron is likely to go through one as well. As a matter a fact he has not been that great since 2007.
    LeBron's slump has been the past few years and more based on a lack of confidence than bad luck, which I would say is usually the case for these things. He's got his confidence back and then some now, hopefully he'll drain a few game winners this year

Kobe went through a huge slump from 2002-2004, Lebron is likely to go through one as well. As a matter a fact he has not been that great. He's 1-6 on his last 7 attempts
    Indeed, players go through that... i would say Lebron has been in a huge slump in 2010-11 in the regular season (he was excellent in the playoffs though in the clutch, but then came the Finals, he "choked" pretty damn bad there)...

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    Oh yeah?

I guess we can disregard everything you say pauk, as usual.
    Sorry, i am to tired, need to read more carefully...

However, problem #1 and #2 still exists.... and should not be disregarded by you...

College star

Those facts as you can see strongly suggest otherwise, infact they suggest that the opposite decision to yours would be more "retarded"...

The main reason Lebron hit more of his gamewinners than Kobe in playoffs is because he is/was better at creating/making higher percentage shots (shots closer to the basket) and prefers better shot selection... same difference with their actual scoring...

If you want a last second jumpshot you could probably go with Kobe if you wish as their shooting accuracy from the perimeter is pretty much equal lately... no significant difference...

But if there is enough time left on the shotclock... Lebron will more often than not take/make a higher percentage shot compared to Kobe (which gives you logically a better chance to win), he can also more willingly than Kobe pass to an entirely open guy to take a shot at his sweetspot (which gives you logically another greater chance to win)....
    Going by Kobes history in those situations Kobe thinks majority of time only "SHOOT!" (which is most often a lower percentage shot compared to what Lebron would do or sometimes even a very bad/very tough shot selection type of play, it does look pretty damn sweet and looks more impressive when it does go in though)...

This is where Durant comes in, Durant is A: he is a better jumpshooter than both Lebron/Kobe (from anywhere) and B: he is almost as good as Lebron with taking/making a higher percentage shot... and has excellent shot selection....

Compared to Lebron & Kobe Durant is supposed to be hitting gamewinning shots/clutch jumpshots more accurately based on this simple logic (and he is!).
    One of the rare, rare, rare times I can say I agree with you. Pretty much this though.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    LeBron's slump has been the past few years and more based on a lack of confidence than bad luck, which I would say is usually the case for these things. He's got his confidence back and then some now, hopefully he'll drain a few game winners this year
    That's Lebron's issue, he disappoints or gets criticized because people want to see the best player on the team to take the last shot. Ad in a sense that's the reason Kobe get's some praise cause he wants to take the last shot. I guess both are wrong and Jordan is right.

Banned

Can't believe the day has come when people read about basketball games on a spreadsheet.

I am old school and still watch the games.

Can't believe it has come with having a criteria for game winners.
    Last edited by 9erempiree; 10-23-2012 at 12:43 AM.

Droid101, when talking about season + playoffs... this is just a tad more useful than that thing you posted, as it covers those 2 problems i told you:

This is somewhat outdated though, but still a tad more useful/accurate way of valuating missed/made gamewinning shots than simply shots of 1/2 years and with only 5 or less seconds left...

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
    One of the rare, rare, rare times I can say I agree with you. Pretty much this though.
    If you sticked with only facts (like i do) you would agree with me much more often... :)

How I feel in ur head maybeshewill13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    Can't believe the day has come when people read about basketball games on a spreadsheet.

Oh in that case you've seen with your eyes that Durant is far more efficient with game-winning shots than Kobe? Who needs spreadsheets after all?!

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree

some don't count shots like this one(by Kobe)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RodiAAns6Jk

That's ****ing great! 31.3 out of 115 attempts!

I knew Kobe Bryant and Vince Carter are the only active players with over 30+ Game Winners and obviously they took a lot of shots, because they have to create their offense when the defense keys in on you. Has Kobe had over 40+ now ?

That's ****ing great! 31.3 out of 115 attempts!
    How do you make .3 of a shot?

How I feel in ur head maybeshewill13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    How do you make .3 of a shot?
    Cut it into tenths and hit only three of them