Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: lets be real about Jordans " flu game"

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist
    He was hungover from partying and gambling all night.
    Why wasn't he sick and what proof do you have other wise... idiotic thread.

NBA rookie of the year Da_Realist's Avatar

Phil Jackson in on the ruse, too?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX33tc3rCqg

Magic Johnson

Respect his drive and determination to finish the game... don't respect his overacting and "I just climbed Mount Everest" bullshit afterwards.

i've had some mean hangovers and i don't think my body temp went above 101 and requiring IV

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nnn123

Lol at "jordan was hungover." No one gets that f*cked up after a hangover, it goes away after drinking some water for crying out loud
    I can't speak about anybody else but I do if I go all out. If I'm drinking all night till 7-9 in the morning and than wake up at 2-3 I'm completely dead and useless.

I kinda figured everybody gets in pretty rough shape when you giver. Maybe It's just my body but a few drinks of water doesn't make that shit go away for me unless I only had like 8-9 beers and went to bed at 1-2.

Quote Originally Posted by blacknapalm
    i've had some mean hangovers and i don't think my body temp went above 101 and requiring IV
    Yeah that kinda rules out just being hungover. IV shit is like Alcohol poisoning.

Magic Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by nnn123
    There are 2 possibilities here

1. Jordan was really sick

2. Jordan was exaggerating how sick he was

Lol at "jordan was hungover." No one gets that f*cked up after a hangover, it goes away after drinking some water for crying out loud
    Well this guy has clearly never had a hangover. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    I can't speak about anybody else but I do if I go all out. If I'm drinking all night till 7-9 in the morning and than wake up at 2-3 I'm completely dead and useless.

I kinda figured everybody gets in pretty rough shape when you giver. Maybe It's just my body but a few drinks of water doesn't make that shit go away for me unless I only had like 8-9 beers and went to bed at 1-2.
    You're not a world class athlete, there's no reason not to believe he wasn't just sick, unless you dislike him and want to discredit him. His temperature was very high, he was throwing up, he had to use an IV, he was clearly exhausted throughout the game, he was playing in Utah (not exactly Las Vegas or Atlantic City).

Out of all the people who's ever player, MJ would have the LEAST reason to make it all up. Sorry if that game burns your asses

Dude was called the greatest player while he was still playing. What did he have to prove at that point in his career?

Phil Jackson, Scottie Pippen and various other people in the organization have all talked about that game more than MJ himself. MJ answered questions about it after the game (DAMN IT I DIDN'T SAVE THE POSTGAME SHOW!!!) but I haven't heard him say anything about it since. But I've heard Pippen and PJ talk about it repeatedly. Steve Kerr, too.

I think this is a troll thread so I'm out.

National High School Star Nevaeh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    Respect his drive and determination to finish the game... don't respect his overacting and "I just climbed Mount Everest" bullshit afterwards.
    Dude, Kobe was doing the same bullsh!t during the game that Fisher beat the Spurs with his "0.4 second shot" in 2004. (No good sleep for Kobe, traveling back and forth to Denver, blah blah blah)
    :

MJ never had a history of playing up ailments like your Boy does, and you know that.

If Jordan was out partying and gambling all night it would have been reported. He's Michael Jordan at the height of his fame playing in the NBA finals and playing it in a city that was absolutely crazy about basketball. It's silly and idiotic to suggest that Jordan was anything but sick. Not everything is a lie or conspiracy theory.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Realist
    Out of all the people who's ever player, MJ would have the LEAST reason to make it all up. Sorry if that game burns your asses

Dude was called the greatest player while he was still playing. What did he have to prove at that point in his career?

Phil Jackson, Scottie Pippen and various other people in the organization have all talked about that game more than MJ himself. MJ answered questions about it after the game (DAMN IT I DIDN'T SAVE THE POSTGAME SHOW!!!) but I haven't heard him say anything about it since. But I've heard Pippen and PJ talk about it repeatedly. Steve Kerr, too.
    I think MJ overexaggerated one part. Did he really need Scottie to carry him to the bench? He really needed a shoulder to lean on?

Cmon son. He exaggerated that part.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevaeh
    Dude, Kobe was doing the same bullsh!t during the game that Fisher beat the Spurs with his "0.4 second shot" in 2004. (No good sleep for Kobe, traveling back and forth to Denver, blah blah blah)
    :

MJ never had a history of playing up ailments
    like your Boy does, and you know that.
    Exactly, so he's now suddenly going to do this during a critical game of the NBA finals in 1997? Doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelEyes
    You're not a world class athlete, there's no reason not to believe he wasn't just sick, unless you dislike him and want to discredit him. His temperature was very high, he was throwing up, he had to use an IV, he was clearly exhausted throughout the game, he was playing in Utah (not exactly Las Vegas or Atlantic City).
    Oh I never said Jordan was faking, don't think he was. All I was trying to get across is a night filled with tons of booze and partying can lead to a pretty intense hangover that can only be cured by the hair of the dog. For me atleast.

If I consumed a f*ck load of booze and stayed up all night drinking till 9 am than I'd probably look worse than Jordan if I tried to play basketball