Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    F*CK A TITLE

Default Re: JR on his way out

Quote Originally Posted by ihoopallday
    Knicks just didn't utilize him the right way. Lots of teams would be happy to pick up this guy.
    Pshhhhh...who would want him? *cough* ORLANDO *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkNoPicks
    Exactly, but the casual fans are the majority...and they for the most part are all sheep who go along with whatever the hot media story is at the moment.

I remember when these idiots were saying "trade melo".

Please. I never went with that for a second, but these dumbass simpletons did.

You don't trade a guy who has averaged more than 24ppg for 6 of his 8 seasons, with a career high of nearly 29ppg 3 years ago. A guy whos 28 years old, in his prime, and whose scoring ability is based on actual basketball skill and iq (both traits that do not fade) instead of athleticism (which does fade), should not be given up on so quickly. Amare on the other hand...
    i think amare is solid, yes he makes dumb decisions (both on and off the court) but the guy needs more touches

bring back larry johnson and john starks bro

National High School Star NewYorkNoPicks's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KDTrey5
    i think amare is solid, yes he makes dumb decisions (both on and off the court) but the guy needs more touches
    Definitely needs more touches, but Amares game is and always was based on being the most physically imposing and athletic PF in the entire league. He was pretty much how Blake Griffin is today, just an absolute monster physically.

Because of those gifts Amare never really developed any TRUE basketball skills aside from the spot up mid range jumper which he really only perfected a year ago. His game was either get fed the ball on a pick & roll where his leaping ability and strength allowed him to finish over any big man, or face up one on one beating you with a first step and barelling down the lane for a dunk.

He really can't play with his back to the basket, he's just uncomfortable doing it. You'll never really see him back a man down, turn around for a fadeaway, spin and go for an up and under, pull off a driving hook, etc. So when that athleticism is gone theres not much of a way he'll be able to contribute on the offensive end.

I do think however he still can contribute on the right team..... just not this team.

Definitely needs more touches, but Amares game is and always was based on being the most physically imposing and athletic PF in the entire league. He was pretty much how Blake Griffin is today, just an absolute monster physically.

Because of those gifts Amare never really developed any TRUE basketball skills aside from the spot up mid range jumper which he really only perfected a year ago. His game was either, get fed the ball on a pick & roll where his leaping ability and strength allowed him to finish over any big man, or face up one on one beating you with a first step and barelling down the lane for a dunk.

He really can't play with his back to the basket, he's just uncomfortable doing it. You'll never really see him back a man down, turn around for a fadeaway, spin and go for an up and under, pull off a driving hook, etc. So when that athleticism is gone theres not much of a way he'll be able to contribute on the offensive end.

I do think however he still can contribute on the right team..... just not this team.
    true.. what you think of knicks getting nash next season?

true.. what you think of knicks getting nash next season?
    I think that'd be amazing. I know he has a summer home in NYC and he enjoys hanging out here in the offseason; but there's only 2 ways he could come here: sign him for MLE, which means we'd lose Jeremy Lin OR maybe he takes the veterans minimum. I don't really see Nash taking the minimum, especially now that his boy D'Antoni is gone... But who knows, Steve is a winner and from hearing him in press conferences, quotes in the papers, he seems like the type of guy who would rather earn his title the hard way (on a team like NY for instance) than taking the easy way out and going to Miami.

It's just going to be tough for NY to improve though. They're capped out with most of their money invested into 3 players, the rest are all either on small deals or don't have much trade value.

I'm not sure abou the new CBA but since we really can't get under the cap or move any of our "big 3", I'd try to go after some forgotten players who we know have contributed in the past. I'm thinking Detroit, see if they want to move Ben Gordon or Charlie Villanueva's contracts. Speak to Lamar Odom (since he's from Queens, NY) see if he'd take the minimum to be our 6th man, etc.

I think that'd be amazing. I know he has a summer home in NYC and he enjoys hanging out here in the offseason; but there's only 2 ways he could come here: sign him for MLE, which means we'd lose Jeremy Lin OR maybe he takes the veterans minimum. I don't really see Nash taking the minimum, especially now that his boy D'Antoni is gone... But who knows, Steve is a winner and from hearing him in press conferences, quotes in the papers, he seems like the type of guy who would rather earn his title the hard way (on a team like NY for instance) than taking the easy way out and going to Miami.

It's just going to be tough for NY to improve though. They're capped out with most of their money invested into 3 players, the rest are all either on small deals or don't have much trade value.

I'm not sure abou the new CBA but since we really can't get under the cap or move any of our "big 3", I'd try to go after some forgotten players who we know have contributed in the past. I'm thinking Detroit, see if they want to move Ben Gordon or Charlie Villanueva's contracts. Speak to Lamar Odom (since he's from Queens, NY) see if he'd take the minimum to be our 6th man, etc.
    true, but they gotta use their MLE to resign Lin?? i thought they were able to go over cap to resign.

NBA rookie of the year

Lamar Odom? I could actually see that happening. James Dolan doesn't know much about basketball, but he runs a great circus.

true, but they gotta use their MLE to resign Lin?? i thought they were able to go over cap to resign.
    Yeah theres the Gilbert Arenas Rule which says no team can bid more than i think either $5 million or the MLE on Jeremy Lin, so we can't be outbid for him unless it's by choice. Dolan will probably keep him at all costs though because it was such a marketing and merchandising boost for the team considering the high Asian population not only in NY but around the globe. If Lin plays well, it's not only good press for our team (which has been tough to come by in the past 10 years) but it's also extra money in our owners pocket.

So yeah we probably wont have the MLE to offer Nash
    Last edited by NewYorkNoPicks; 05-10-2012 at 02:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoooter
    Lamar Odom? I could actually see that happening. James Dolan doesn't know much about basketball, but he runs a great circus.
    I actually like Glen Grunwalds resume, especially him acquiring Vince Carter on draft day '98.

I trust his eye for talent, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him go after a guy like Odom.

You just have to hope Dolan lets him conduct business without interfering, unlike what he did with Donnie

NBA rookie of the year

Odom's game doesn't worry me. He's extremely talented.

He may well be mentally broken though.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoooter
    Odom's game doesn't worry me. He's extremely talented.

He may well be mentally broken though.
    Yeah but for the minimum its definitely worth a risk. I mean we paid 1.5 million to the Bucks for the rights to Jerome friggin Jordan lmao. So that'd be nothing for Dolan if he had to release him...definitely worth the risk. Maybe he'd be rejuvenated being at home, surrounded by family.

When a team loses, there is always a scapegoat... whether he is the true reason or not there is blame to go around, especially to amare.

Yeah theres the Gilbert Arenas Rule which says no team can bid more than i think either $5 million or the MLE on Jeremy Lin, so we can't be outbid for him unless it's by choice. Dolan will probably keep him at all costs though because it was such a marketing and merchandising boost for the team considering the high Asian population not only in NY but around the globe. If Lin plays well, it's not only good press for our team (which has been tough to come by in the past 10 years) but it's also extra money in our owners pocket.

So yeah we probably wont have the MLE to offer Nash
    Never knew about the "Gilbert Arenas Rule", just looked it up and found this: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knick...SBbb5MAVA1WtjN

I guess this only applies to restricted free agents, so if someone was willing to overpay him it won't happen this off-season.

Banned

he went 20 for 60 in the playoffs. no joke. own up to your scrubbiness