LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Default Re: The Bret Hart "Screwjob"

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    Who gives a shit it's wrestling.
    don't you study trees?

How does my Dirk taste creepingdeath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crosso√er
    In the documentary, HBK already admitted to being real selfish and immature back in the day; he has grown as a man & matured, no reason to hate on a man who admitted to his mistakes.
    Yeah, no reason to hate on the practicing Christian who takes 10k cash for 15 minute sessions of photo- and autographs.
    Last edited by creepingdeath; 03-17-2011 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by takeittothehoop
    A for the OP's question, I see little problem with what Vince McMahon did.

If Bret Hart was professional he would have just went along with it and agree to lose to Michaels fair and square. But no, he was a selfish son of a b*tch with a huge ego.

If I was Bret Hart..sure I would have been pissed off but you have to put it all in perspective.
    Hart agreed to lose the title the next monday on raw. He didn't want to lose it in his home country. I see no problem with that, his last moment in WWF is losing in his own house? thats a slap in the face to not only Hart, but a lot of Canadian fans who loved Hart like people love Jordan, or Ali.

But McMahon wanted to bully him, and did just that until he got decked afterwards. Got little ill will towards Michaels, he got his title, but Vince lied to Bret to his face and then stabbed him in the back after begging him to sign a 20 year/20million dollar deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Crown&Coke
    Hart agreed to lose the title the next monday on raw. He didn't want to lose it in his home country. I see no problem with that, his last moment in WWF is losing in his own house? thats a slap in the face to not only Hart, but a lot of Canadian fans who loved Hart like people love Jordan, or Ali.

But McMahon wanted to bully him, and did just that until he got decked afterwards. Got little ill will towards Michaels, he got his title, but Vince lied to Bret to his face and then stabbed him in the back after begging him to sign a 20 year/20million dollar deal.
    Losing it on the PPV to the #1 enemy he had was better for the WWE. Losing the title on Raw to a lesser guy and then going off to WCW the next day and saying it was a fluke, al least Shawn never beat me, etc. was not in the best interests of the WWE. I never get how people sided with heart trying to **** over the WWE to protect the ego of his wrestling personality.

Local High School Star crosso√er's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by creepingdeath
    Yeah, no reason to hate on the practicing Christian who takes 10k cash for 15 minute sessions of photo- and autographs.
    So Christians can't be savvy business people?
    Or you're suggesting it's "greed"?

How much goodwill do you think WWE gets from these sessions? More interest from the fans translates into revenues. He gets this much because the company he works for is a multi-billion dollar organizations; and HBK has been one of the poster boys for the company for over two decades.

WWF is an entertainment sport; autograph sessions are a big part of the business strategy. It's not like the NBA where it's usually mandatory or a requirement for basketball players to talk to the media before games and after games; one of the key marketing strategies for WWF is autograph sessions, and it should cost them money.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Losing it on the PPV to the #1 enemy he had was better for the WWE. Losing the title on Raw to a lesser guy and then going off to WCW the next day and saying it was a fluke, al least Shawn never beat me, etc. was not in the best interests of the WWE. I never get how people sided with heart trying to **** over the WWE to protect the ego of his wrestling personality.
    Then why did McMahon lie about it? Just tell Hart the truth and lay down the law saying Michaels is winning it on PPV or forfeit. Why tell Hart its all good?

But then to not only have Hart lose in Canada, but to have him lose with his own move used against him?

It would have been Michaels coming out and challenging Hart to a rematch on Raw, and Michaels win. The PPV was gonna get ratings anyway, so another title bout on Raw would have been better for WWF anyway.

Hew was trying to not lose on his home soil, thats it, if it was in Alaska or Australia, Hart would have agreed to lose. Its okay for McMahon to sign him to a 20 year deal and then ask Hart to tear up the deal to help WWF, but it is wrong for Hart to want his last WWF moment in his home to come out victorious?

Im a Hart fan, was my fav wrestler even when he was the bad guy in WCW so my view is a bit favored towards Hart. But I still think he got jobbed by WWF

How does my Dirk taste creepingdeath's Avatar

How much goodwill do you think WWE gets from these sessions? More interest from the fans translates into revenues. He gets this much because the company he works for is a multi-billion dollar organizations; and HBK has been one of the poster boys for the company for over two decades.

WWF is an entertainment sport; autograph sessions are a big part of the business strategy. It's not like the NBA where it's usually mandatory or a requirement for basketball players to talk to the media before games and after games; one of the key marketing strategies for WWF is autograph sessions, and it should cost them money.
    Suggesting greed? It obviously IS greed.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tarik One
    Just looked at some old clips for the first time since it happened and remember actually believing he got hosed by Vince. Now I can totally understand why Vince did what he did. Bret was so arrogant and selfish about relinquishing the title because the match was in Canada (nowhere near his hometown either). Not to mention the fact that the WWF and WCW were at the peak of their ratings war. There was no way that Vince could allow him to take that belt down south and make a display considering the fact that the women's champ had previously thrown the belt in a garbage can on national tv.

Where do you stand?
    Most overrated wrestler of all time.

He wasn't worth the contract he was signed to and he did a poor job of holding the WWF up in the mid 90's because their TV ratings were in the crapper.

Little known fact.

Jesus was set to return in 2006 but nobody was willing to pay the exorbitant appearance fee.

wait a minute..............

we are talking about wrestling here right............. acting..... fakeness......

????

Banned

Bret was being a little prima-donna Vince needed a solution, and HHH gave him one that was... Best for business.

I am a huge fan of Bret Hart, but Vince Mcmahon did the right thing. He just protected his business. And He don't want another Alundra Blayze situation.

As a Bret hart fan it sucks that he was under utilized in WCW. The Montreal Screwjob created some of the best story lines in WWF History. And it turned Vince Mcmahon into one of the best heels of all time.

Vince didn't want to pay Bret his massive contract.

I also heard that he wanted to get rid of him because Bret wasn't on board with all the "attitude era" stuff that was being unleashed.

Hustle Loyalty Respect Knicks101's Avatar

I don't blame Bret, if I was world champ I'd refuse to lose in my home country too.

Him and Chris Binwah 2 of the most boring wrestlers ever.