Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Default Re: 45 points 19 rebounds 6 assists...Dat dude needs to go & contend ASAP

Quote Originally Posted by clutchinho
    TRUE OR FALSE

Throw Kevin Love and the current TWolves in the mid-2000s Eastern Conference, and they make the ECFs every single year.
    KG is way above Love, not even close.

Default Re: 45 points 19 rebounds 6 assists...Dat dude needs to go & contend ASAP

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    I like how because his team is in the West, Love is overrated.

If the Wolves were in the East, they'd be a 3rd seed (they'd feast on the teams over there).

I guess geography makes Love put up "empty stats."
    You gotta deal with what you gotta deal with.

I put the same expectations on John Wall. He HAS TO make the playoffs. True impact players make it happen by talent and sheer force of will.

The Suns and Nuggets are making it work. Why Can't the Wolves? A lion's share of the blame falls on Love/coach/Rubio [in that order imo].
    Last edited by Go Getter; 12-23-2013 at 03:14 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter

I put the same expectations on John Wall. He HAS TO make the playoffs. True impact players make it happen by talent and sheer force of will.

The Suns and Nuggets are making it work. Why Can't the Wolves? A lion's share of the blame fall on Love/coach/Rubio [in that order imo].
    This. There is just no way around it...if Love is really a superstar...he has to make the playoffs this year. There is no reason not to...

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    This. There is just no way around it...if Love is really a superstar...he has to make the playoffs this year. There is no reason not to...
    Who's saying Love is a superstar? All I hear is empty stats. He's an all-star that posts up superstar numbers. That's where I rate him.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Wiggins
    they don't need star players because they have a balanced roster of above average-fringe star players with great pieces that fit well together

the wolves are literally just love and pekovic. martin can score but can't defend and shits the bed in the 4th quarter.

rubio can pass it up but his lack of shooting completely disrupts the flow of the game and is a big reason they've lost every single close game this season.

let's be real here, you and i both know the reason you call him overrated isn't related to his play
    Maybe it's just a hunch, but if he took time to improve his defense, he would win more games regardless of his surrounding cast. One important aspect that makes lebron great is his leadership, he doesn't always have a spectacular stat line bc he's more concerned on getting his teammates involved, this goes beyond love's outlet pass. Even with a fully healthy heat roster, I have strong doubts they would get past pacers if lebron had "average" defense.

I'll give love one more year to figure out how to make it to the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by clutchinho
    Who's saying Love is a superstar? All I hear is empty stats. He's an all-star that posts up superstar numbers. That's where I rate him.
    Man, the most important number is wins. Maybe he should expend more of that rebounding energy into his defense

Man, the most important number is wins. Maybe he should expend more of that rebounding energy into his defense

This. and he needs to show some leadership and clutch ability in the 4th quarter.

Ok he improves his D now what? They still lose the team is bad. Love does everything else in basketball at an elite level. Do you understand that or are you one of the kids who thinks Tony Allen who only does 1 thing has more impact than him?
    Last edited by atljonesbro; 12-23-2013 at 03:35 PM.

The Suns and Nuggets are making it work. Why Can't the Wolves? A lion's share of the blame falls on Love/coach/Rubio [in that order imo].
    There's no question the front office at Minnesota needs to do better work, but what bothers me is when ppl blame injuries and other things instead of realizing a superstar should be able to make it to the 1st round. The front office blame is justified once the team reached the playoffs but are unable to go further. If a seasoned love has to depend on other stars just to simply make the playoffs then he really isn't a superstar.

There's a huge difference between a contender and a playoff team.

Banned

Gasol, Meeks, 2014 draft pick for Kevin Love. Get it done Mitch! !!

Kareem missed the playoffs twice in a row in his prime on 38 win teams.

Oscar missed the playoffs 3 consecutive times in his prime.

KG missed the playoffs 3 consecutive times in his prime.

Barkley missed the playoffs twice in his prime.

Were they not "true impact players" either?

or...

Maybe they needed help from their sh!tty teammates?

Which sounds smarter?

you can't stop me get these NETS's Avatar

@YoungX

"you're equivocating like a MFer"

a so called star who can't make playoffs in 2013-14 eastern conference ain't shit

Quote Originally Posted by atljonesbro
    Ok he improves his D now what? They still lose the team is bad. Love does everything else in basketball at an elite level. Do you understand that or are you one of the kids who thinks Tony Allen who only does 1 thing has more impact than him?
    He improves his defense and he becomes a better leader and the team wins more games that's for sure.

He doesn't shoot free throws at an elite level. He does not score in the post at an elite level. Don't act like his [admittedly impressive] game does not have any wholes other than defense.

My thing is that you have to give the "star" player credit as well as blame. They get paid the most, they get the plays run around them, they take most of the shots, therefore they deserve the lion's share of the blame when things go wrong as well as when things go right.

If he hits a game winner or has a ridiculous triple double next week no one is going to give all the guys that set picks for him and hit him in the right spots and boxed out their man so he could go after boards any credit at all...they are going to fawn all over his statlines and disregard his teammates impact.

you can't stop me get these NETS's Avatar

love would be a great complementary player paired with a perimeter star or superstar

wolves are asking him to do too much....good for fantasy stats but not for winning games

Quote Originally Posted by get these NETS
    love would be a great complementary player paired with a perimeter star or superstar

wolves are asking him to do too much....good for fantasy stats but not for winning games

I find this to be accurate.