Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: What's your reason for wanting the Lakers to lose?

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    lol that's a such a blantant crock of sh*t...
    are you that insecure in your views? just say you don't like them, but don't make up stories to justify it... lol
    the Lakers are and have been the most talked about sports team in LA since the Rams rolled out of town in the 90's... and were right there neck and neck with them since the 80's....
    True but I hate them because of Kobe dick lickers that don't even live in LA, and the bandwagon fans.

Local High School Star zabuza666's Avatar

I'm gonna be honest. I'd like to see them lose because I hate Kobe Bryant, think he's overrated, and his ****ing idiot homer fans make me want to stab someone. Simple.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Al Thornton
    True but I hate them because of Kobe dick lickers that don't even live in LA, and the bandwagon fans.
    and that's perfectly fine, i hate the KDL's also and if someone wants to hate the lakers because of it's fans great... but don't tell me you don't like them because nobody ever talks about them unless they are in the finals...lol guy must be living under a rock or in iraq

I don't like Kobe Bryant. I don't want him to win another title so the Kobe fans can have another uprise.

Knicks 2010 Champs

Quote Originally Posted by Al Thornton
    This

Unless, Boston makes the Finals. Then, it's a toss-up for me. Cause I think Boston fans are as obnoxious as Kobe fans.

GiveItToBurrito
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

I'm rooting for Houston/against LA because...

1. Houston's pretty much the consensus underdog. I don't have a really strong opinion one way or the other about either team, so I do like I always do - root for the team that's supposed to lose. This is also why I rooted for the Cardinals in the NFC playoffs last year (aside from the money I bet that they'd make the super bowl, which might have been my proudest sports-related moment ever).

2. Kobe's kind of arrogant. I don't hate Kobe and I love watching him play, but he seems to always have a chip on his shoulder, so I'd rather see him humbled than just watch his ego and the fan-love for him grow.

3. I liked Houston a lot when Tracy McGrady and Rafer were on the team. Granted, my two favorite Rockets aren't playing any more, but I still kind of like the team.

4. Yao's a good dude, and I'd like to see him go deep in the playoffs.

5. Ron Artest is hilarious, and the more I see him on tv, the better. Kind of a shame that Battier will do a much better job on Kobe, though.

6. Houston's got a lot of underrated forwards that make my inner stat junky happy.

7. Every advertiser and their mother is forcing Lebron vs Kobe down my throat, and I'd like to see a more unconventional NBA Finals than the one Vitamin Water, Nike, and Stern are praying/sacrificing goats to the dark lord Kromdar for.

8. I'm fairly confident that LA would beat Cleveland (Kobe and Lebron neutralize each other, meaning the series comes down to Pau Gasol, Odom, Ariza, Bynum et al destroying Mo Williams and a bunch of role players), while Houston vs Cleveland would be an interesting match up, especially since Artest defends Lebron as well as anyone in the league. At the same time, Houston vs Orlando would be a pretty cool series, and would undoubtedly spawn 100+ "the return of the big man" articles full of cliches and hyperbole that I could then mock with my friends and the dude who cuts my hair.

9. A lot - not all, but a lot - of LA's fans can be kind of crazy with their homerness, and I'd rather not see them brag for the next 11 months.

GiveItToBurrito
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by BallersTalk
    This

Unless, Boston makes the Finals. Then, it's a toss-up for me. Cause I think Boston fans are as obnoxious as Kobe fans.
    The thing that makes Boston fans tolerable for me is that at least most of them live in Boston (at least as far as I know; I haven't met any in person outside of New England). I don't mind people being obnoxious in defense of their team as long as they live near them. Like, even though the Wizards have a tendency to be mediocre or suck, I became a fan because they're the home team; when I got into pro basketball, I didn't just choose some random team that looked like it was on the rise and/or popular like it seems a lot of Laker fans did.

Knicks 2010 Champs

Artest is an overrated defender. The Rockets would contain Kobe a lot better if Battier was on him for the majority of the series. I still think the Lakers sweep the Rockets. Phil is the master of adjustments. And the Lakers' strengths are speed, length, and athleticism. Coincidentally, the Rockets are weakest against that type of team.

Quote Originally Posted by GiveItToBurrito
    The thing that makes Boston fans tolerable for me is that at least most of them live in Boston (at least as far as I know; I haven't met any in person outside of New England). I don't mind people being obnoxious in defense of their team as long as they live near them. Like, even though the Wizards have a tendency to be mediocre or suck, I became a fan because they're the home team; when I got into pro basketball, I didn't just choose some random team that looked like it was on the rise and/or popular like it seems a lot of Laker fans did.
    well both sixer/celtic games i went to this year in philly had an outrageous amount of celtic fans in attendance. the first game felt like more celtic fans were in the building then sixer fans (it was sickening especially since ray ray hit the 3 to end a close game). this certainly was not the case last season. imo celtic fans came out the wood works since the celtics became relevant again.

I want Kobe and the Lakers to lose, in an attempt to give fate a dose of reverse psychology.

Bol'd over

Good college starter Valliant13's Avatar

Entirely Kobe.

Pau has been one of my favorite players for year. Odom seem like a very cool guy, with a unique game. Fisher is all class. The team plays a great style of basketball, and I have been a fan of Phil Jackson since his Chicago days.

And yet: I honestly believe their best player to be a R.apist and sociopath. I say this not to troll, or start an argument (it's just my opinion based on the facts presented) but I do no want a person that loathsome to experience any kind of success or validation. Some things go beyond sports.

Quote Originally Posted by Manute for Ever!

How trendy of her.

I am your soldier!

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    ... but don't tell me you don't like them because nobody ever talks about them unless they are in the finals...lol guy must be living under a rock or in iraq
    He could be living under IRAQ in Saudi Arabia (pun)!

Banned

2 reasons:

Kobe: R.apist and arrogant. Plus, the annoying homers make me hate him more.
    Vujacic: Whiny little b!tch. Love to see him lose.