Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Tyler Hansbrough Jumps into Inflated Pool from Balcony with PIC!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hammertime
    Difference being that Jay Williams was contractually obligated to stay away from bikes. I don't think Hansbrough's scholarship says it'd be voided if he participated in a fraternity stunt.
    Do you think once he makes the NBA that his contract will allow him to jump from balconies into small pools? They will put that restriction there for a reason, because they don't want him to get injured.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by v-unit
    Do you think once he makes the NBA that his contract will allow him to jump from balconies into small pools? They will put that restriction there for a reason, because they don't want him to get injured.
    Maybe that's exactly why he's doing it. Maybe that's why we all did that stuff in college. You don't really get to do stuff like that in the real world.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Hammertime
    Maybe that's exactly why he's doing it. Maybe that's why we all did that stuff in college. You don't really get to do stuff like that in the real world.
    But you don't get to do all that stuff in the NBA because it can end your career, he should realize that there are restrictions on his future contract fora reason, because it could end his career. Now he should take that mentality the same way with his present basketball career. There are no contracts in college, so he should set his own rules and realize what is best for him, and whats best for him is not to risk injury on stupid things like this.

Hellbound

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    I don't think it's unreasonable to hope for just one athlete to not make a stupid choice. We shouldn't just condone it because "hey, everybody does it."
    No, but it's unreasonable to hold athletes to an entirely different standard. If you hold yourself to the same standards, and you never make mistakes or stupid decisions that you think may be fun, then you can criticize him all you want. Until then, he's a 21 (?) year old kid, having a good time in college who happens to be a decent basketball player also. He's still allowed to do the same things you and I do, he's still allowed to make mistakes, and most importantly, he's allowed to do whatever the **** he wants to, because it's his life.

In It to Win It

Quote Originally Posted by Da KO King
    Not shocking at all; Hanbrough is an odd kat. Did a feature with ESPN that included a bit on how he and his buddies play a game where you smack ping pong balls into each other's chest.
    Haha yeah I remember seeing that, he likes getting beat around I guess. Although people are downplaying it, this actually seems like a pretty big fall and could easily break your bones in your leg. Shaun Livingston dislocated his knee by just jumping 2 feet off the ground.

Jumping off a roof is generally stupid
    Jumping off a roof into a cheap-looking inflated pool that appears shallow is stupid
    Doing the above when your entire career is going to revolve around being physically healthy is even more stupid

That is all

i'm surprised he didn't do his trademark wannabe 360. no style points whatsoever