Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Tyler Hansbrough Jut mps into Inflated Pool from Balcony with PIC!!

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    I'm not exactly challenging your intention just that 75-90% is a ridiculous range to throw out. It doesn't mean anything.

And for the record, doesn't really have to do much with race. If you take into an account of college stars in the NBA, I bet only the top 10 percentile actually are considered "good". Maybe even less. You just don't realize how hard it is to make it in the NBA. Race regardless. The statistic is smaller for whites than blacks (but also the disparity of those entering the NBA by race is also needed to be taken into consideration), but it's a unilateral statement. Just look at it at a draft by draft basis out of 60 picks (80% which are NCAA stars or what have you) only 2-5 are actually "good" in the NBA. Race regardless.
    Actually, I do know how hard it is to make the NBA and I do have some appreciation for it.

Anthony Bowie was a bench player for the Magic and in the league for maybe 3 years if that. He played against some locals here and he destroyed the absolute **** out of everybody there. It was literally like Michael Jordan playing against the worst player in the league. That's how big the discrepancy was.

Most people don't realize that NBA bench warmers are still damn near basketball gods by comparison to the average player.

Default Re: Tyler Hansbrough Jumps into Inflated Pool from Balcony with PIC!!

Obviously someone who hopes to be in the NBA in the future shouldn't be jumping off a roof ever, let alone into a weak, shallow, inflated pool. If that picture is real, he's stupid for doing it.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Default Re: Tyler Hansbrough Jut mps into Inflated Pool from Balcony with PIC!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vendetta
    Actually, I do know how hard it is to make the NBA and I do have some appreciation for it.

Anthony Bowie was a bench player for the Magic and in the league for maybe 3 years if that. He played against some locals here and he destroyed the absolute **** out of everybody there. It was literally like Michael Jordan playing against the worst player in the league. That's how big the discrepancy was.

Most people don't realize that NBA bench warmers are still damn near basketball gods by comparison to the average player.
    Ofcourse. So my point is simple: regardless of race, and whether you're a college star, it's just incredibly hard to make in the NBA. It's not as if there's any sort of formula at all.

Very good NBA starter

I'm just thinking, if this were any regular college kid, then I wouldn't say I encourage this, but I would be fine with it. Those are the best years of your life, you need to have fun, because after that the workplace will kill you. But when you are Tyler Hansbrough, your future relies on your health, you have to keep it up and keep it strong. Just think of what happend to Jay Williams, I realize that that's an extreme example, but he wanted to have fun, and didn't realize that his health was what was keeping his job, much like Tyler, and he got in an accident and killed his ball future.

Not that big of a deal. Me and my friends would jump off the top of his garage into his pool a few years back.

And from the looks of the pic, it seems like he's jumping from one story only.

rank sentamentalist

Quote Originally Posted by Da KO King
    Not shocking at all; Hanbrough is an odd kat. Did a feature with ESPN that included a bit on how he and his buddies play a game where you smack ping pong balls into each other's chest.
    Sting? That's not odd, that's just a good time. Lose a point, lift your shirt.

Hellbound

Quote Originally Posted by v-unit

As most of you might know, Tyler hansbrough Hansbrough was recently caught jumping off of a balcony at a frat party into a inflated pool. Psycho-T is suppose to be an NBA ready player and is apperently staying one more year in college, from the look of this picture, he easily could have broken his leg and ruined it all.[/IMG]
    He could easily walk outside and get hit by a bus and break his leg and ruin it all too.

And not only that, but I'm not sure if you've ever been to college, but all it consists of is getting drunk, doing dumb ****, penetrating females, and then sometimes a lil bit of class here and there.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease MochaUdoka's Avatar

The dude is still young and in college, let him be wild n crazy. He can jump off all the balconies he wants for all I care ... I hate UNC lol

Also water doesn't break your leg from a 15 foot drop, unless the pool is only as deep as where the picture cuts off lol, in which case i WOULD call him a dumbass no matter who he was for jumping into a kiddie pool

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

OH YEAH SIGMA ALPHA EPSILON!!!

Seriously though, it's college so let him enjoy himself.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JayGuevara
    He could easily walk outside and get hit by a bus and break his leg and ruin it all too.

And not only that, but I'm not sure if you've ever been to college, but all it consists of is getting drunk, doing dumb ****, penetrating females, and then sometimes a lil bit of class here and there.
    I just graduaed last year and that was stupid...his friends should have told him it was stupid too. He has too much to lose to do some dumb stuff like that. You can have just as much fun not jumping off of balconies into little pools. College is all about having fun, I rarely went to class but the jumping off a balcony is still dumb and makes him look stupid. As a senior in college, your susposed to be over that stuff by that time.

I dont understand its college let him enjoy himself crowd...are you guys just overcompensating for either not going to college or going to parties like that?
    Last edited by Younggrease; 05-03-2008 at 02:07 PM.

Not very smart... but neither is passing up gauranteed millions to finish College. The first 3 year contract in the NBA will make Tyler more than a college degree will make him his entire life (most likely).

Very good NBA starter

How can you say he could just walk down the street and get hit by a bus? Everyone walks down the street everyday, everyone knows of those dangers and makes there way not to get hit by a bus. If your jumping frm oa balcony into a small pool, you can't change your jump to make sure you don't risk injury. You have an extremly higher chance of getting injured then being hit by a bus, those two arn't even comparable.

Hellbound

Quote Originally Posted by Younggrease
    I just graduaed last year and that was stupid...his friends should have told him it was stupid too. He has too much to lose to do some dumb stuff like that. You can have just as much fun not jumping off of balconies into little pools. College is all about having fun, I rarely went to class but the jumping off a balcony is still dumb and makes him look stupid. As a senior in college, your susposed to be over that stuff by that time.

I dont understand its college let him enjoy himself crowd...are you guys just overcompensating for either not going to college or going to parties like that?
    As a senior in college you're supposed to mature? Say you go to a 4 year university immediately after high school, you're the average age of 18 then, so senior year of college you're probably 22. After what probably amounts to less than one year of being able to drink legally, you're supposed to be over stupid stuff? I think you have college and the youth of America highly mistaken there broseph.

And, yes, they are very comparable. There's dangers in everything you can possibly do. You understand the potential consequences and say **** em. Chances are if you ride a bicycle, you're gonna fall off a couple times. Does that mean a child that starts playing basketball should be strictly reprimanded when they ride a bike, cuz what if they fall off and hurt themselves and ruin it all?

People do stupid things. Usually you learn when the potential consequences become the actual consequences, stop acting like a bunch of *****es that never did anything stupid and got yelled at by your parents or teachers or whoever for something you didn't consider to be a big deal.

National High School Star

Geez, have any of you people ever actually been in a fraternity? What Hansbrough is doing there is some pretty tame stuff.

Very good NBA starter

It doesn't matter if that is the weakest thing they do in a fraternity. He plays basketball, is the player of the year, and plans on having a future in the NBA, he can't risk doing something stupid like that.

Jay Williams was doing the same thing, wanted to have fun and bought a motorcycle, broke almost every bone in his body and was out forever, he never returned to basketball even though he was sought out to be an amazing player.