Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lightbulb One foot dunking vs two foot dunking

Which one do think is better ingame and if you can dunk which style do you use.

Very good NBA starter

Default Re: One foot dunking vs two foot dunking

One foot is better in game

Two foot for dunk contests

Fast break = one foot dunk

Half Court = two foot dunk

Putback = Porzingis

One foot is easier .

Decent college freshman theaussieguy's Avatar

Rose's 2 footed takeoff is the most poweful freakish jump I have ever seen

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

two foot dunks are a lot safer, granted, the jumper knows how to do them. it's easier to center your body while in the air when going off two feet. so when dunking through traffic, you have a better chance of keeping your balance and avoiding a hard fall, if the defender decided to challenge you.

both are fun to watch though. but one foot jumps look far more graceful and are more aesthetically pleasing, in my eyes

NBA Superstar

I think it depends upon the play style and dunking ability. At 6'3'', I switched exclusively to two-foot dunking my junior year of high school because it felt cooler being able to hang on the rim and whatnot.

Unfortunately, all my dunk opportunities went down the tube at that point because I wasn't beast enough to dunk off two feet in a half court setting and in the open floor, taking time to plant both feet either allowed the defense to chase me down or caused me to lose my footing by rushing the process.

I re-developed one-foot dunking around age 20 and subsequently began dunking everywhere. Fast breaks were suddenly a chance to just run as fast as possible then take off and dunk without having to slow down or break stride. It was great. As an added bonus, I retained the ability to dunk off two as well, but I could only bust it out in-game on rare occasions.

So I guess for the standard athletes like me (aka not genetic or athletic freaks), I think one-foot dunking may be better because it can be used most frequently. If you're a fringe two-foot dunker, that's probably not going to help you a ton during games.

That said, if it's between monstrous one-foot hops and monstrous two-foot hops, I might be tempted to go with two, because that'd allow me to hypothetically dunk over people more often in the half court setting. It can be tough to posterize off one foot in the half court. It still happens a lot, but it seems as though it'd be easier to find those opportunities as a super two-foot dunker.

Unless you can bounce like wiggins two foot dunks are really hard to do in
    game unless your really tall. I'm a one foot jumper and I have pretty big hands so it really fun. I can dunk off two but only do it off alleys because when I dribble and do it slows me down.

High School Starter

most of VC's best dunks are 2 foot.
    Gerald Green 2 foot.

It really depends some ppl are better 1 foot, 2 foot or equally good at jumping of either.

I can only jump well off 1 foot cannot jump too well off 2 feet. Can dunk from behind dotted line off 1 foot.

I think aesthetically, jumping off 2 feet looks a lot better

Quote Originally Posted by TheImmortal
    Fast break = one foot dunk

Half Court = two foot dunk

Putback = Porzingis
    Yup. People usually jump off one feet when they need to beat a defender to the basket. So one foot jumps allow you to cover horizontal ground. Two foot jumps are for max vertical and when you need to go over guys.

Most guys get max vert off two feet. Most guys are most explosive off a hop step and gather. Most guys jump off both feet although some really prefer one over the other, like Bron (one foot) and Nique (two feet). The guys who are incredibly comfortable doing both are dangerous. Of course the GOAT ever at doing both was MJ.

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

I just realized that all of Aaron Gordon's dunks in the dunk contest were done with two feet, whereas all of Zach Lavine's were done with one.

I've never understood how some people found it easier to dunk off two. One foot was far easier for me. I don't think the dunks look as nice outside of tomahawks, but it was always much more comfortable.

One foot dunking, you just have so much more momentum. I figure that is why all high jumpers jump off one foot.

Two feet is easier for me. But I could dunk either way. My best poster was probably off one foot.

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

In high school I used to dunk better off two feet, just more explosive. Not that I was some great dunker, no..but it was easier for me.

You can create more with 2 foot dunking if you have the footwork. Example, Jordan.