Default Worst trade of all time?

I'm struggling to think of one worse than the Nets/Celtics trade where the Nets traded their future to the Celtics for a brief rental of Piece and Garnett.

Default Re: Worst trade of all time?

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    I'm struggling to think of one worse than the Nets/Celtics trade where the Nets traded their future to the Celtics for a brief rental of Piece and Garnett.
    It's certainly up there. Another gem was Gerald Wallace for what became Lillard.

Shaq comes to mind in terms of value for value, but I realize LAL's hand was essentially forced and they had such historically low leverage in trading a guy of that caliber as a result.

The nets are screwed for like the next 5 years

Quote Originally Posted by coin24
    Way longer then that. It'll take them 5 years before they even start to get good talent through the draft.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

On June 5, 1981, Portland acquired a first-round pick from Indiana in exchange for Tom Owens.[42] Portland used the pick to draft Sam Bowie.

Honest to god, I really think it's yesterday's trade with Orlando and OKC... Oladipo and Sabonis have incredible upside, especially Sabonis... And Ilyasova is a heck of a player himself. Ibaka is so very much on the wrong side of his prime. Age wise, yes he's young, but his athleticism has been waning for the better part of two seasons... They gave up asset as though they were trading for Blake Griffin... Or Lamarcus Aldridge... I'm so sad for Orlando fans.
    Last edited by catzhernandez; 06-24-2016 at 11:01 PM.

Decent playground baller

1976: The Jazz signed Gail Goodrich away from the Lakers as FA, but they had to give them compensation. So, the Jazz sent them their next three #1 picks and a 1980 second rounder (and got a 77 and 78 first-rounder in return).

One of those first rounders the Lakers got turned into Magic.

Also, consider this: If the Lakers didn't sign Jamaal Wilkes in 77 from GS (they had to give them a 78 first rounder as compensation), and if they didn't trade the 78 first rounder they got from the Jazz to the Celtics, they could have had two #1 picks in the top-8. Imagine Bird and Magic on the same team.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Quote Originally Posted by coin24
    This years draft is crap outside simmons and ingram. Bunch of barganis this draft. That pick didnt mean much