Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Great college starter SyRyanYang's Avatar

Default Re: D. Rose Vs. Westbrook

All you need to know is Westbrook will return before Rose

Local High School Star TheReturn's Avatar

Rose is clearly the better franchise player.

College superstar AintNoSunshine's Avatar

Tough choice. I'll take westbrook because he's absolutely relentless on the court.

Westbrook all the day, he isn't p***y.

Good High School Starter Ken_Masters's Avatar

Rose is a better player than Westbrook IMO. Rose is never out of control. Every game i see the thunder play, Westbrook charges to the basket out of control, and only makes the layup sometimes. Rose is automatic 2 points on layups. I think Rose is better because he knows when to change gears and harness his speed better than Westbrook does, he has a much higher IQ, and he is a better finisher at the rim. When i watch Rose my jaw drops at what he's able to pull off.

Westbrook and its not even close.

Westbrook is almost as good as Dwyane Wade. Rose is as good as Brandon Jennings. There's a huge gap.

Local High School Star

Westbrook got balls and will go at anyone and attacks the rim without fear

Rose on the other hand settles for jumpers when he sees superstars and last shot to save the season?

Decent playground baller

If durability matters (and the OP says so) I'll take the one having played 115 more games than the other in the same number of seasons.

Mike Conley > Derrick Rose.

Derrick Rose and Carmelo Anthony are by far the most overrated players of my lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by Solefade
    Not a 100% fair assessment, we don't know what kind of production Westbrook could have if he was the #1 option on the Bulls.
    you kidding me? you see the stats NATE ROBINSON is putting up with the bulls in the playoffs? the bulls RELY SO HEAVILY on a point guard that can create and score. westbrook would be beasting without a doubt. seeing nate drop so many points with high assists? yeah westbrook would be averaging something like 26-27 with 8 assists.

If they were both fully healthy, definitely Rose. Rose has higher on-court basketball IQ and makes better decisions than Westbrook. Plus he has brilliant body control and finishes better at the rim, as opposed to Westbrook is more out of control. He's a better passer and an underrated defender too.

Going forward, it depends on how Rose returns, so I'm tempted to say Westbrook.

We simply don't know how Westbrook and Rose would perform if they swapped positions. Westbrook would have more shots, certainly, but he's next to one of the best scorers in the world and can barely scratch 8 assists. On the other hand, Rose was averaging a solid 8 asissts last year before rust games took his averages down (when he came back from niggling injuries).

One thing that Rose doesn't have that Westbrook does is a post game. He'll definitely beast guards smaller than him.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Mike Conley > Derrick Rose.

Derrick Rose and Carmelo Anthony are by far the most overrated players of my lifetime.

I agree. It's not even close. There are times a lot of us scratch our heads when Westbrook does some boneheaded play, but he will compete 100%. Westbrook was the only one taking it to the Heat last year in the finals.

Rose is too hung up on the expectations of him. After this injury and bitching out by hiding in the first round, I wouldn't build a team on a person who doesn't trust himself.

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    you kidding me? you see the stats NATE ROBINSON is putting up with the bulls in the playoffs? the bulls RELY SO HEAVILY on a point guard that can create and score. westbrook would be beasting without a doubt. seeing nate drop so many points with high assists? yeah westbrook would be averaging something like 26-27 with 8 assists.
    I was right on. Westbrook on the Bulls playing in the East? 28-8-8 easily.

Taking Westbrook