Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    NBA Legend

Default Re: Back to Africa option

Quote Originally Posted by DonD13
    who? me?

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile

DeuceWallaces living rent rent free in Akrazotile's head.

Banned

Akrazotile living rent free in D-Wade316's head.

Local High School Star wakencdukest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    You need to do more research, bruh. In the 50s and 60s Liberia had the second highest growth economically on the planet. Under President William Tubman (a descendant of slaves), the country saw a growth of 11-12% annually from 1950-1960. It was seen as a golden age for the country and a model for other countries in the region that were fighting for freedom from colonization.

It wasn't until the Civil Wars started in 1980 that the country went to complete shit.

You left out the part where the ex slaves started a government in Monrovia without the consent of native tribes, proceeded to make the natives into servants and laborers, plundered the natural resources of Liberia for their own profit, thus causing dissent among native Liberians which led to civil war. It was bound to fail.

Made that high school varsity squad Goofsta Knicca's Avatar

Man, Deuce must have done a number on this guy for him to have his picture bookmarked for future threads

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    Man, Deuce must have done a number on this guy for him to have his picture bookmarked for future threads
    To be fair I use google for that

When starface goes at Deuce at any given opportunity, even him being nowhere near the thread, I usually always laugh.

It's a great running gag & I appreciate his consistency.

Some of you call that 'living rent free,' I just appreciate the refusal to abandon and disengage such a ploy

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    You are being short sighted and blinded by tribalism. You are rooting for Africa because you are African and that gives you short term satisfaction.
    Not at all, I was just posting facts to show how ridiculously misguided your population theory was. Can you point to any point in History, any civilization that lost a significant amount of its population and thrived as a result?

1/3 to 1/2 of the population of Europe died as a result of the Black Death. So things went swimmingly for Europeans during this time, yes? According to your theory their vastly stunted population growth rate must've done wonders for the Continent.

Massively increased rates of death, diseases, warfare, poverty... Those were the hallmarks of the Bubonic Plague era in Europe. They didn't call it the Dark Ages because of all the great advancements society was making during this period.

And here we are again, witnessing another continent coming out of its Dark Ages (with the plague being replaced with Aids).

I care more about how we're wiping out entire species of ocean fish, an important food source for people around the globe. That's a real thing that's happening due to overfishing, which is due to higher demand, due to population growth. Increased industrialization also produces more chemicals and waste, much of which eventually makes its way into the sea.
    Exactly why World leaders are meeting now to help curb this enviornmental issue. They actually just drafted an agreement yesterday:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/12/world/...ote/index.html

You know what... I don't think systematic sterilization of whole populations was involved in that draft.

I care about the unique and irreplaceable species that have taken literally BILLIONS of years to evolve in the rainforest being wiped out permanently by land clearance so that more cattle can be grown for the new in-n-out burger being built in Zimbabwe.
    The World is only 6,000 years old and evolution is a lie invented by the Devil to fool people.

We can learn a ton about Earth's history from their features, as well as things even about ourselves from their behaviors. I think it'd be a great privilege to be able to go and see exotic species in person some day rather than settling for watching videos of them for now. Hopefully some day I'll get the chance to do that, before they're gone. See, I don't like sitting around and watching 7 hours of Netflix and not giving a shit about anything important, unlike most humanoids. I really value all of the worthwhile things life and earth have to offer. I don't want to see ANYTHING perish permanently.

Use comparisons to Hitler as a divert and smear tactic all you want. Doesn't bother me. I have Jewish roots, and if I could stop the ultra-orthodox jewish religious extremists in NYC and Israel from having 7-8 kids per family which they are currently doing, I'd do it in a heartbeat. They're cukoo and I'm not afraid to say 'make them do it our way or sterilize them' because I feel that's important for the long term. I'm not gonna be beta and intimidated by other peoples opinions. I'm not beholden to anyone elses phony moral code. And I feel the same way about Africans and Muslims, BECAUSE that's who's expanding. If there were European countries with birthrates in the 4+ range I'd want to clamp down on them as well. And I'd never want to commit genocide, just like I value all species of wildlife, I value all cultures and kinds of people as society's we can learn from and be productive with. That doesn't mean I want them to overrun my own culture, or to grow out of control. You can have an opinion in between, ya know. The fact is, as hippy as it sounds, we do ALL have to share the planet. If population is an issue and other countries won't check themselves on their own, hell yeah we should do it for them. We have to, if we care about more than our own smug self image as moral elitists.

The environment is at a cross roads right now, and the damage that will be done over the next 50 years as the population climes from 7 billion to 9 billion to 11 billion is irreversible. Would I sterilize 50 million Africans if it meant making some kind of dent in the damage? You bet I would. In a heartbeat. Not because I don't like them, not because I get any satisfaction out of harming other people. But there is a conflict of interest, between the people on the planet today, and future generations who cannot do anything about it today. Our kids will be part of future generations, and let me tell you unequivocally, YES, I care more about the future society my grandkids will live in than I care about Kenya's GDP today. No question about it.

The planet would be far more sustainable if we could shrink the current population down by a couple billion, instead of growing it another 5. Would I make TOUGH, UNPLEASANT decisions right now to make that happen, for the long term benefit of ALL the peoples on the globe? At the unfortunate expense of a fraction of the people inhabiting the worst parts of the planet today? Yup. I wouldn't relish doing it, but it would be the RIGHT thing to do, even though it wouldn't be popular. That's what leadership is. It's a shame I'm not in a position to do it.
    That's all and well, more power to you... but you should at least know that calling for the forced sterilization of whole populations to save some birds makes you sound like a paranoid schizophrenic who has a tenuous grasp on reality at best.

Just an FYI.