Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Root Of All Evil

Default Re: This is the most aesthetically pleasing 50 point game of all-time

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy
    Aesthetics in itself is a very subjective thing. What may be beautiful to you may not be to somebody else.
    This too.

But as I said ...

MJ is an attacker, Kobe is a bomber.

MJ's the better player because he's a weapon with more consistency, and by attacking he creates other weapons and causes more problems for the defense.

Also, I've never heard anyone say MJ's game wasn't physically appealing.

There was no flopping and falling down all the time ala Wade. There wasn't shot jacking, long range heat check and super ineffeciency ala Kobe, T-Mac and Iverson, there wasn't a severe lack of fundamentals, footwork, and offensive skill set ala LeBron ... he attacked the rim with super agility, but didn't lack the ability to hit jumpers with consistency ala Westbrook, Rose, etc.

He knocked down shots consistently. Got to the rim and FINISHED STRONG or ELEGANTLY consistently.

His body control and work at the rim or around the rim was BREATH taking.

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The-Legend-24
    It was only a matter of time before this turned into a Kobe vs MJ thread.
    Umm, the OP made it an MJ vs. Kobe thread with this
    (lol MJ could never pull this off, just didn't have the shooting/range).

Keep it tight for me The-Legend-24's Avatar

Ohh.. My bad didn't see that part.

Root Of All Evil

The young ones who would think Kobe is GOAT are still in school learning the basics of reading being fundamental.

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
    The young ones who would think Kobe is GOAT are still in school learning the basics of reading being fundamental.

Root Of All Evil

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal9
    MJ at 38 had the second least efficient 20+ ppg shooting season in post-merger NBA history. lol @ how insecure you phags are.
    never mind,

Root Of All Evil

You can't quote your own post, bruh ... and let's stop with the Jersey Shore GIFs. I loved the show till it got played out by mid season while they were in South Beach. Let us allow it to die.

You can't quote your own post, bruh ... and let's stop with the Jersey Shore GIFs. I loved the show till it got played out by mid season while they were in South Beach. Let us allow it to die.

Okay...

This video highlights one of the major reasons Jordan was better than Kobe. I saw way too many jumpers against a 2006 Suns team that played little defense. Jordan would have attacked the rim all day against that team, getting to the FT line, and creating more opportunities for the entire team.

Banned

This too.

But as I said ...

MJ is an attacker, Kobe is a bomber.

MJ's the better player because he's a weapon with more consistency, and by attacking he creates other weapons and causes more problems for the defense.

Also, I've never heard anyone say MJ's game wasn't physically appealing.
    TBH, I don't found MJ games is that exciting though even with all of his acrobatic shooting watching its from highlight or his highlight or old games.

I mean its feel so robotic, its just so perfect and that's ridiculous.. n his athleticism feels so different than such like kobe or rose, its just like panther that so strong and fast.

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

This thread is also a nice excuse for me to post some of my favorite 50+ points games by MJ.

53 vs. Pacers(1987)

53 vs. Suns(1989)

54 vs. Cavaliers(1989)

56 vs. Heat(1992)

54 vs. Lakers(1992)

55 vs. Suns(1993)

55 vs. Bullets(1997)

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Funny people always say that Mj didn't have "the range" that Kobe did.

Uh... Mj was stronger than Kobe, just because he didn't elect to shoot long range jumpers, it doesn't mean he couldn't be as effective if not more if he decided to chuck them up.

By those standards, I guess Arenas and Crawford are also better than MJ?

And since MJ and I believe even Bron have more half court shots, that makes their range even better no?

http://youtu.be/4A6TZ0AM_pA

Shit... MJ's half court shots look about the same as Kobe's 3pt shots.

MJ GOAT!!!!