Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Why is extortion illegal?

So just read this story of a chick who recorded her ****ing the former CEO of waffle house and then trying to extort him for millions...

My question is, what's wrong with that? If you're banging your housekeeper when you shouldn't be, she records it, and you don't want it to go public... you'll pay what she wants. I feel like that's a fair deal.

Thoughts?

Default Re: Why is extortion illegal?

It's not illegal unless he reports it. So I guess if you plan to extort someone, you better set the right price.

Although in this particular case, recording someone having sex without their knowledge, and then making it public is a crime I believe. I know Hulk Hogan just won like $150 million because Gawker publicly posted a sex tape that was illegally recorded.

Decent playground baller

Because rich people make the laws, and they want laws that protect their best interest, and extortion is most common against people with money.

Im sorry and my bad mean the same thing........except at a funeral LOL

I'm down with HRC

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    It's not illegal unless he reports it.
    This is not a true statement.

I thought you weren't stupid

I'm down with HRC

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    So just read this story of a chick who recorded her ****ing the former CEO of waffle house and then trying to extort him for millions...

My question is, what's wrong with that? If you're banging your housekeeper when you shouldn't be, she records it, and you don't want it to go public... you'll pay what she wants. I feel like that's a fair deal.

Thoughts?
    You're not describing why it shouldn't be illegal, you're describing why it's effective.

Extortion has been a crime for like 800 years. But it was first meant only for public officials who misused their office and later came to be used for anyone.

Of course, you can also extort people by threatening to burn their car or break their legs. Something that you also wouldn't want. Not a fair deal at all.

People have often been blackmailed for things like being gay.

Also even the situation you describe is rarely a fair deal. If the Waffle House guy pays the money and she spend it all. What's to keep her from blackmailing him again a year from now?

   

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Although in this particular case, recording someone having sex without their knowledge, and then making it public is a crime I believe. I know Hulk Hogan just won like $150 million because Gawker publicly posted a sex tape that was illegally recorded.
    fun side note to that--

Billionaire investor Peter Thiel, who was outed as gay by Gawker in 2007, has been secretly funding Hulk Hogan's lawsuit against Gawker
    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/25/bu...wker.html?_r=0

I can't believe this is a topic...

Why is stealing illegal. I mean if you leave your front door open and someone comes in and take your laptop, you pay for your carelessness. I think that's a fair deal.

Quote Originally Posted by FillJackson
    This is not a true statement.
    I didn't really mean it's legal. Just that people pay other people to keep their mouths shut everyday, and no one is the wiser.

If this woman asked for 50k we probably never hear about it.

   

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10
    I can't believe this is a topic...
    consider the source.

a guy who thinks it's no big deal for cops to send people to the ER for no good reason, then have his buddies at headquarters edit the record to make it look like the victim was a drug user who had warrants out on them.

So dumb. So dumb. Couldn't think of anything else to start a thread on OP? Jesus, you sound ridiculous. Like, let's legalize bank robbery, rape, big ass ponzi schemes. **** it. Like, I'm bored, let me start a thread saying why isn't murder legal? I mean, I have a neighbor who gets on my ****ing nerves, much like you're doing right now, so why is it illegal to just go up and take him out? It's his fault for being a ****ing dumbass right?

Goddamn, there are some trash posters right now. How old are you, OP? 16? Was this funny to you when you posted it? Did you chuckle, like "man, I'm the man! This thread will get hundreds of replies, just watch!"

Dude. Stupid thread. Stupid OP. Delete your account.

Lol I mean you could say I was gay but without proof, it's libel. With proof, it's true, so what's it matter?

Would it be wrong to extort a KKK member? I don't think so at all. No more than I think it's wrong to have proof you ****ed someone's husband and demand money for it.