Default Sprained finger not healing

About 3 weeks ago I was playing football with some friends. Bounced off the ground and hit and sprained the tip of my pinky finger pretty decently.

Like this pic below (this is not my hand I found this online), except a sprain instead of a bruise:

It's on the 'line' of the pinky on the inner side facing the ring finger.

It's still pretty tender, even just doing dribbling drills will make it hurt which is annoyoing. Kinda frustrating since its been several weeks and usually this kinda finger tweak would be better by now I'd think. I'm sure people out here have sprained their fingers, any advice?

Saw a basketball once

Default Re: Sprained finger not healing

I had a lingering finger sprain lasted almost 2 months, i started only to play with it taped up to another finger and it finally began to heal.

I had the opposing team throw a bad pass and it came right towards me very awkwardly, my reflexes kicked in, hand went up but it was late. The pass was a bullet and it hit the top of my thumb and jammed it down. Typical in basketball, started pulling on it and stretching it out all night. Week went by and it still hurt like a bitch. It's been 3 months now and it's not as swollen and only is 1/10 the pain it used to be.

With all that being said, finger injuries can take awhile to heal I have heard. Just keep playing n adjust. It'll slowly but surely return to normal. Guessing I fractured something inside, don't believe a sprain/jam would last months

I hurt the same pinky (left non shooting hand) and it literally became zigzagged and I had to have someone pull it back into place That was 4 years ago and to this day, it's still weak (pinkies are the weakest fingers and fragile) so I keep a wrap on it connecting to my ring finger whenever I play. This has kept my mind away from thinking about it so that I can worry about playing. I am confident that I could play without it, but why bother. The finger wraps cost like $4 for 10 of them on ebay. 1 could last years, but they are easy to lose.

Home of the 16

Looks like internal bleeding. Sprained it 3 weeks ago? Then you should be on your way to recovery around 60%. & if you have that yellow color thing on your finger, then that looks like cyst is starting to build up. For me, I'd pop it, I can't stand cysts, it's so tempting. lol

Figure out if it's cyst, poke a hole with a needle no matter if it hurts OR go see a doctor.

Championship or bust Cali Syndicate's Avatar

Probably a hairline fracture. I've had similar injuries, fingers are pretty damn tough now.