Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Looking Back, Hard To Believe I Supported Hibbert the Way I did.......

Nice essay OP. I am seeing Hibbert and Lance with new eyes now. But how do you know all those details about them?

NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Looking Back, Hard To Believe I Supported Hibbert the Way I did.......

Quote Originally Posted by Bandito
    Nice essay OP. I am seeing Hibbert and Lance with new eyes now. But how do you know all those details about them?
    I live smack dab in the middle of the city........We get local news here that you guys don't get....I know a couple people who know certain players personally and all of their people......George Hill is one, I know people who actually hang out with him and his people when he's here....Paul George is another...

Also, I can't find the article that I read this morning that confirmed it but we've been discussing this on local Pacer forums all year....The article that SI claimed they were going to run after the season is about this......Except it won't be news anymore....

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    You know what would have been scary ?

If the Pacers didn't trade their pick (Leonard) for George Hill. That lineup of...

PG - Stephenson
    SG - George
    SF - Leonard
    PF - West
    C - Hibbert

Damn... I would have hate to see anybody try to go against that team.
    Lance at point guard?

They already have too many turnovers, starting an erratic ball handler at point won't work, especially in the playoffs when opposing teams have athletic guards and can apply a lot of pressure.

They need a good point guard that can distribute the ball, run the offense, and get other people involved. Rondo would be perfect, especially if he can return to all star caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethem
    Lance at point guard?

They already have too many turnovers, starting an erratic ball handler at point won't work, especially in the playoffs when opposing teams have athletic guards and can apply a lot of pressure.

They need a good point guard that can distribute the ball, run the offense, and get other people involved. Rondo would be perfect, especially if he can return to all star caliber.
    Stephenson was projected as a PG coming into the league. Sure he could be erratic, but just like Hill is currently on the Pacers, they would distribute the ball handling. Stephenson does a better job at PG than Hill does, IMO.

But in the long run, that probably do need another pure PG.

Quote Originally Posted by Dro
    I live smack dab in the middle of the city........We get local news here that you guys don't get....I know a couple people who know certain players personally and all of their people......George Hill is one, I know people who actually hang out with him and his people when he's here....Paul George is another...

Also, I can't find the article that I read this morning that confirmed it but we've been discussing this on local Pacer forums all year....The article that SI claimed they were going to run after the season is about this......Except it won't be news anymore....
    Oh. Man internet these days...

I think the Pacers will fall into mediocrity next season.. especially without Lance.

they got west/george, thats it...

Quote Originally Posted by Dro
    Vogel doesn't even play the team's best shooter Copeland and wonders why there's not much floor spacing.....
    thank you its incredible how you have a player like copeland rotting on the bench when he should damn well be a backup for pg

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by JUDGE WITNESS
    thank you its incredible how you have a player like copeland rotting on the bench when he should damn well be a backup for pg
    Yeah bro.....We've been saying it all year......I don't know what Vogel has against Copeland...I think its the perception that his defense is bad or that he's only a 3 point shooter but thats not true....He's not that bad of a defender and he can score in general, not just shoot 3's...