Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spiderman

Default Re: Spiderman

Quote Originally Posted by diamenz View Post
    i think that the graphical jump from nba 2k21 current gen (already released) to 2k21 next gen should be a good metric on determining how much of an improvement we'll see going from ps4 to 5. the only thing i see in those spideyman screenies being an improvement are the shadows and highlights, or 'contrast' rather... arguably not even an improvement depending on whether you prefer your image more natural looking or 'popping'.
    I don't think cross-gen titles are really a good benchmark, they are basically a resolution and refresh rate upgrade. IMO The biggest noticeable diff comes the 2nd-3rd year after console release when games are fully optimized for soley new console/pc hardware only. Sony's best exclusives didn't start rolling in until 2015

Remember back in 2013 people were saying the couldn't tell much a difference between PS3 and PS4 trailers? Games like GTAv and Metal Gear wasn't extreme difference and ran decent on 2006 console hardware. But look at RDR2 fidelity jump compared to GTAV

It'll be the same routine where people don't notice the fine details of new hardware until a couple years. Especially when revisiting games on their old consoles after having a PS5/Series X for some time. I practically cringe at playing my old favs on PSnow, PS3 games feel janky and limited now

that makes sense... and ya - gta v to rdr2 is indeed a perfect example of that.

Quote Originally Posted by diamenz View Post
    that makes sense... and ya - gta v to rdr2 is indeed a perfect example of that.
    I'm hoping we get a leap in NPC/enemy AI the most. Feel like bots in sports games especially are still dumb as **** as the were in 1998. Every game you turn up the difficulty settings and enemies health meter just goes up. Flank around a rock and they're still facing the old direction you were shooting from. Pacing back n forth on infinite wheel loop.

I wanna play a game where bots are clever and unpredictable. Alien Isolation did amazing at this, how the Alien evolves and adapts to your gameplay as you progress. The devs put super amount of work into it's design

This game and Resident Evil 7 in VR had me pissing my pants and hiding under desks 90% of play time. It was awesome

^interesting breakdown in that video. apparently ai is a tough cookie though. from what i hear devs can only go so far with it... but we'll see. maybe they'll surprise us in the coming years. it would definitely make the experience night & day for some games, such as sports games - with it being able to learn and adapt to the player's style and strategy would be so cool to see.

Yeah it's real difficult that's why AI in games hasn't really advanced in 25 years. Alien Isolation pulled it off because it was basically one 15-20 hour bossfight of hide and seek the entire game.

Devs are limited to making games console accessible and execs rather spend the resources elsewhere, like prettier glamour shots in photo mode selfies.

The RDNA and DLSS advancements are making AI computation and self learning more of a reality. Taking massive processing workload off old cpu/gpu architecture, this tech is doubling every 6-12 months and moving fast.

Really exciting time to game.