Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 06-14-2012, 02:59 PM   #1
chips93
NBA sixth man of the year

chips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation here
Default Mirza Teletovic

Is this guy any good?

Hes rumored to be coming to the nba next year, either to the nets or the cavs

what do you guys think of him?
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 06:21 PM   #2
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Euroleague has not been impressing people
Default Re: Mirza Teletovic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chips93
Is this guy any good?

Hes rumored to be coming to the nba next year, either to the nets or the cavs

what do you guys think of him?

Yes, he is very good. He's probably one of the top 2 power forwards in Europe.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 08:50 PM   #3
chips93

chips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
Yes, he is very good. He's probably one of the top 2 power forwards in Europe.

anything about his style of play?

i get the impression that hes a prolific shooter, maybe a bit trigger happy from deep.

would he be a combo forward in the nba?

what about defensively and on the boards? ive heard he is quite weak in these areas
Old 06-15-2012, 12:26 AM   #4
Maga_1

Maga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

i get the impression that hes a prolific shooter, maybe a bit trigger happy from deep.

what about defensively and on the boards? ive heard he is quite weak in these areas

- Good shooter.
- Like you said trigger happy from deep
- Athletic
- He's going to play the 4, maybe in some spaces the 3.
- Good rebounder.
Maga_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:59 AM   #5
chips93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maga_1
- Good shooter.
- Like you said trigger happy from deep
- Athletic
- He's going to play the 4, maybe in some spaces the 3.
- Good rebounder.

i get the feeling that he isnt much of a creator, how is his ball handling? can he create a shot for himself/others? or is he more of an elite spot-up shooter, who can make straight line drives, if you take away the 3pt shot
Old 06-15-2012, 11:13 AM   #6
Fiba basketball
I feel devotion

Fiba basketball has decent reputation

Quote:
i get the feeling that he isnt much of a creator, how is his ball handling? can he create a shot for himself/others? or is he more of an elite spot-up shooter, who can make straight line drives, if you take away the 3pt shot
He can create shots for himself but not for others . He had some nice penentrations that ended with a great dunks this season but its not his biggest strenght ( his shooting is ) . He is strong and you could notice his improvement in post game this season . He should improve his consistancy and defense if he wants to dominate the game but he is withoute a doubt one of the best pfs in the world . Probably will have 20+ ppg in the NBA .
Fiba basketball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 11:31 AM   #7
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:

You have heard from people that have never seen him play. Draftexpress, "writers" that copy things from draftexpress, youtube highlights, etc.

I would not call him weak at rebounding, nor is there any way that he is a combo forward.

I would call him solid at rebounding and adequate on defense by NBA standards, but he needs work there. His coach in Europe is way more demanding on defense than most NBA coaches are. He should be better on defense, but he's probably fine for the NBA, as the NBA is a much worse league defensively than the Euroleague is.

For example, Batum is considered a really good defender in the NBA, and he looked below average to me defensively in the Euroleague. But yes, Teletovic's weak area would probably be his defense.

US sports writers claimed Scola was extremely weak at rebounding before he came to the NBA.

Look up Nikola Pekovic's rebounding stats in Euroleague, then compare it to his NBA rebounding stats.

The Euroleague is exponentially more physical and tougher league than the NBA. These dumb writers in the US (including draftexpress) think 5 rebounds in Euroleague is "weak" and would equal 3 in the NBA.

The opposite is true. 5 rebounds in Euroleague is more like 7-8 in the NBA, which is a much softer and less physical league.

As far as the trigger happy thing, yes. He's probably the biggest gunner in Europe, along with Navarro. But, he hits enough of those shots to get away with it. But sometimes he throws up insanely ridiculous attempts though.

He does have a tendency to take some Carlos Delfinoo type heat checks. But, he's a better shooter than Delfino is.

He' is not playing SF, in any league.

Last edited by Euroleague : 06-15-2012 at 11:43 AM.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:37 AM   #8
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:

He is a 3 point shooter off the dribble, or off a catch, but better off the dribble. He also plays in the low post. He has a really nice vertical and can attack the rim, so he will look to do so if he gets a chance.

But he does not really create his own shot, nor for other players.

He plays something like Dirk, with less offensive diversity, shot creation, but with more range and he is more athletic. But shorter, so he isn't shooting over people really. Instead he just shoots so far away that they can't guard him, or he uses a nice step back move and creates separation to get the jump shot off.
Old 06-15-2012, 08:35 PM   #9
chips93

thanks guys

This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: