Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast

Thread: Homeland

Thunder it DOWN, Dion! PleezeBelieve's Avatar

Default Re: Homeland

Quote Originally Posted by brandonislegend
    Carrie from this show has to be the best actress on TV.
    She's got to be bi polar in some sort of manner, right? I mean, who acts that well?

Thunder it DOWN, Dion! PleezeBelieve's Avatar

Saul has always been a suspicious character. Nothing he does should be seen as shocking

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
    Saul has always been a suspicious character. Nothing he does should be seen as shocking

Suspicious sure. I'm supposing that someday we'll be handed a plot where Saul is a mole, and while it'll be a great gimmicky twist, it won't hold up upon multiple viewings when lined up with his previous actions.

But the scene I'm talking about when he blows up at the Muslim analyst chick was just totally out of character, and felt like the writers trying to inject some juice into the story. We're talking about a guy who's married to a "brown girl", as he puts it in retelling the story in season one. A guy who was incredibly patient and understanding in multiple scenes with the white chick terrorist (some of the best stuff on the show). And has been bordering on criminally patient with Carrie and her behavior. To have him blow up on that chick, and lay out that bordering on racist rant about her birka just felt so weird.
    I suppose it was meant as a way to show him cracking under the pressure with the senate hearing and all, and a way to have him show some emotion regarding this explosion on what he's got to consider his home base. But it was just an awkward way to do it in my opinion.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

That scene where Saul berrates the Arab Agent was so out of place it was uncomfortable. There was very little history to suggest the Saul character would behave like that in any way shape or form.
    I thought it was great and straddled that fine line between Saul's usual calmness and the pressure he must be feeling from the attack, losing top people working there and having to resort to these green analysts. He's overall frustrated, got angry and said something that he'll probably regret (in that great level Saul tone) but it was a great "real" moment for me.

(I just caught up on this show over the past month)

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

The season is moving way too slow, which was the complete opposite from last season when everything (who knew they would've arrested Brody so quickly?).

NBA Superstar

I know Homeland has a penchant for being a bit unbelievable, but the Venezuelan authorities only sending two, mildly armed cops to capture Brody (who is likely the world's most wanted man) seems a bit far fetched.

This season has been pretty good thus far, some of you are talking about Saul's blow up in episode two, I think they were just displaying the stress he is feeling as he deals with being top dog while also being under the microscope. I believe the writers have a plan to make Saul look like the bad guy at some point, but I don't think they've figured out how they are going to do it.

Brody's family needs to go away, their plot line is painful and a drag on the show.

I want to see more of the black hair CIA agent dude (I forget his name, the guy who shot the kid on the covert op) that guy has potential.

Just finished season two so I won't be checking back here for a while. From what I've read so far I hope it picks up the pace a bit.

Aside: I was leaving mass one Sunday a few months ago and they were filming a scene in courtyard of my church. There was a scene filmed there in season two also and the condo where Brody's family was staying overlooks it.

3-time NBA All-Star

This season really sucks and that last episode was probably the most boring of this whole series so far.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Carrie is the best actress on TV and its not close.

The daughter is a really great actress thus far this season as well.

How 'bout Carrie being in on the institutionalization the whole time? Definitely did not see that coming.. at all.

Hope I didn't just make up that word.

Decent playground baller Immortal Bum's Avatar

Carrie is the best actress on TV and its not close.

The daughter is a really great actress thus far this season as well.
    I really hope they kill off the daughter soon; she has been annoying from the get-go. Its like every great show has to have the one character that is unbearable to watch (Boardwalk Empire: Margarette. Breaking Bad: the wife. Shield: Julien. Sopranos: Anthony Jr or Tony's sister. The Wire: ??? its been a while i'll have to think about it)

Carrie is the best actress on TV and it's not close.

3-time NBA All-Star

Carrie is the best actress on TV and it's not close.
    Not really. I'd probably take Skylar from Breaking Bad or Gillian from Boardwalk Empire over her. Just because she's great at being crazy, and screaming and being emotional, it doesn't mean she's the best actress.

This season hasn't been good. And they seriously need to kill Brody. The episodes he've been in have easily been the worst IMO. This series needs another jolt and killing Brody would easily do that.

This show has always been unrealistic since season 2, but now its unrealistic and it sucks. First, you already had Carrie, a bipolar person who has no problem getting off her meds, constantly disobeying her superior's orders, in love with a former terrorist, and now she's pregnant still working and the CIA hasn't caught on (from last episode, is she really expecting that Iranian CIA person to seriously put her family in Iran in danger by housing Brody? Seriously?).

Then you have Brody, who somehow is still alive, and now he's back completely fine working as a marine only a week or so after being on a heroine binge, and the CIA somehow trusts him and are putting him in overseas anti-terrorist missions even though THEY KNOW he had full intentions of committing terrorist acts and this is all because Javadi, the terrorist that financed the Langley Bombing, said he didn't do it.

And now you have this guy Javadi, the man who financed the Langley Bombing, cold-bloodedly murdered his ex-wife, and now as a CIA undercover just killed an American, getting to work for the CIA in exchange for not getting the ultimate punishment for all the horrible acts he's done, and the CIA's reason for believing in him is because of the threat that they'll tell Iran he's a turncoat (Did I get that right or am I missing something? If I'm not, couldn't the CIA just do this to every captured terrorist?)

And this is all mostly just from this season. Not trying to be negative, and I'm going to continue to watch just because I already got invested with the first two seasons. But this has just been bad.

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    Not really. I'd probably take Skylar from Breaking Bad or Gillian from Boardwalk Empire over her. Just because she's great at being crazy, and screaming and being emotional, it doesn't mean she's the best actress.

This season hasn't been good. And they seriously need to kill Brody. The episodes he've been in have easily been the worst IMO. This series needs another jolt and killing Brody would easily do that.

This show has always been unrealistic since season 2, but now its unrealistic and it sucks. First, you already had Carrie, a bipolar person who has no problem getting off her meds, constantly disobeying her superior's orders, in love with a former terrorist, and now she's pregnant still working and the CIA hasn't caught on (from last episode, is she really expecting that Iranian CIA person to seriously put her family in Iran in danger by housing Brody? Seriously?).

Then you have Brody, who somehow is still alive, and now he's back completely fine working as a marine only a week or so after being on a heroine binge, and the CIA somehow trusts him and are putting him in overseas anti-terrorist missions even though THEY KNOW he had full intentions of committing terrorist acts and this is all because Javadi, the terrorist that financed the Langley Bombing, said he didn't do it.

And now you have this guy Javadi, the man who financed the Langley Bombing, cold-bloodedly murdered his ex-wife, and now as a CIA undercover just killed an American, getting to work for the CIA in exchange for not getting the ultimate punishment for all the horrible acts he's done, and the CIA's reason for believing in him is because of the threat that they'll tell Iran he's a turncoat (Did I get that right or am I missing something? If I'm not, couldn't the CIA just do this to every captured terrorist?)

And this is all mostly just from this season. Not trying to be negative, and I'm going to continue to watch just because I already got invested with the first two seasons. But this has just been bad.
    Yeah the show is getting ridiculous Carrie/Saul carry the show and the only reason I am watching it.

3-time NBA All-Star

Yeah the show is getting ridiculous Carrie/Saul carry the show and the only reason I am watching it.
    Another thing I forgot to mention, why the hell would the CIA care that much about clearing Brody's name? And I understand why Carrie would want to, but why would she let people know that i.e. when she tried to stop the lawyer from killing the actual bomber, she screamed out something back to Dar Adal about clearing Brody's name?