Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: 98% of all Black People hate Duke Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by O.J A 6'4Mamba
    http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandre...ities-rankings

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandre...ankings/page+2

It is pretty simple. Duke for undergrad, is a top 10 academy school in the country. It is very hard to get into Duke. Grades,SATs, extracurriculars, essays the whole thing. The university had made it to a point to only recruit student athletes with high GPAs and SATs schools. Most of the elite black athletes simply don't care much and/or aren't motivated enough for school, especially the ones who were NBA bound like teenagers. A guy like Derrick Rose and Brandon Jennings come to mind right away. I mean Derrick Rose couldn't even get the minimum at Memphis for a scholarship let a lone Duke.
    What some schools do like Unversity of Virginia, University of Michigan, UCLA, USC, UNC which are ranked in the top 30 academic undergrad schools, and are all very hard to get into, with a low acceptance rate . They will make an exception for student athletes, they want the best athlete, which usually means that they are black. They will lower the students set the bar at a University of Memphis standard and probably even lower than that. To compensate for their low test scoring student athletes, they raise the standards no an almost Duke level academically for the normal student body, that is why these schools are such great academic schools AND sport school.

It is just a game for the big wigs at the university and some schools know how to play it.
    Really, my boy played football and had like a 3.0 1020 SAT. They make the same exceptions for athletes.

Brandon Knight has a 4.0+ and is an All American...Duke has recruited him hard

You mention derrick rose, what about Oden, Durant, John Wall, Brandon Knight, Evan Turner, and all the other kids who both doing well academically and atheltically and did the same in high school.

Quote Originally Posted by Freshprince619
    How were they an embarrassment? Because they were to good?
    Thats not the point tho. They LOOK for elite white basketball players year after year. You don't find anything wrong with that? Come one son. Duke is a racist program
    Do you understand the requirements that have to be met to be accepted into a school are different for each school? Not saying there aren't smart black ballers, but it's not a coincidence that the higher ranked academic schools have more white and what you would call "white washed black players."

Most of the stars aren't smart enough to go to Duke or Stanford...and the stars who are, usually would still rather go to a school like Arizona and such. Not saying they are bad schools, but they aren't Duke. Is Cornell racist too. If not, is it fair to say black kids are biased against going to highly ranked educational schools such as Cornell? How many of these star high school players actually want to go to Duke? You think if they did and they met the academic requirements that Coach K wouldn't welcome them?

And Memphis was an embarassment because Cal recruits players as though they were mercs. Sure, many coaches do, but he's on another level. It doesn't even matter that the team was full of mental handicaps. And no, it's not because their teams looked like thugs....they were legit mental handicaps. Great way to represent your school....oh wait, Cal was representing himself...he's kinda a merc too.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin
    Do you understand the requirements that have to be met to be accepted into a school are different for each school? Not saying there aren't smart black ballers, but it's not a coincidence that the higher ranked academic schools have more white and what you would call "white washed black players."

Most of the stars aren't smart enough to go to Duke or Stanford...and the stars who are, usually would still rather go to a school like Arizona and such. Not saying they are bad schools, but they aren't Duke. Is Cornell racist too. If not, is it fair to say black kids are biased against going to highly ranked educational schools such as Cornell? How many of these star high school players actually want to go to Duke? You think if they did and they met the academic requirements that Coach K wouldn't welcome them?
    And Memphis was an embarassment because Cal recruits players as though they were mercs. Sure, many coaches do, but he's on another level. It doesn't even matter that the team was full of mental handicaps. And no, it's not because their teams looked like thugs....they were legit mental handicaps. Great way to represent your school....oh wait, Cal was representing himself...he's kinda a merc too.
    You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about...

Go look up the Duke players GPA/SAT score and compare it to the Duke student body...tell me what you find, them apologize for your ignorance

Brandon Knight is a better student than prob anyone in the entire Duke program, he is an All American- Duke has not recruited him....hmm that shots down that theory

Quote Originally Posted by Younggrease

Go look up the Duke players GPA/SAT score and compare it to the Duke student body...tell me what you find, them apologize for your ignorance
    what exactly is he saying thats wrong?

you think the athletes at state schools have to get the same grades as those normal student bodies? hell no.

for example, Byron Hanspard at Texas Tech rocked a 0.0 GPA and wasn't booted.

sorry but it IS harder for athletes to get into Duke.
    Last edited by kentatm; 04-06-2010 at 07:05 PM.

Freshprince619
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Brandon Knight is a better student than prob anyone in the entire Duke program, he is an All American- Duke has not recruited him....hmm that shots down that theory
    My Man

Ummmm....as I said if they met the requirements, Coach K would welcome them. Many of the great players coming out of highschool couldn't make it into Duke with reduced standards or not.

Ummmm....providing one player as evidence is grade 5 level research buddy. You think teams recruit every great player out there? Do you know what factors in to a coach selecting who he wants to recruit (of course your prob think in Duke's case it's just race lol)?

Don't know if I should waste the time on you. You have a clear history of bias against white people. ie. your overzealous hate for Steve Nash among others.
    Last edited by Dolphin; 04-06-2010 at 07:09 PM.

Power32 (OJ Mayo) O.J A 6'4Mamba's Avatar

Brandon Knight is a great player watched him before with my own eyes. Not Derrick Rose, or OJ Mayo good as a high school senior too much of a volume shooter, but he isnt far behind a lethal scorer.

I havent read any articles , but if I would guess the reason Coach K hasn't recruited him is because Coach K just like Bob Knight wants nothing to do one and done players, and Knight is clearly a one and done player and could be the #1 pick in next years draft.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kentatm
    what exactly is he saying thats wrong?

you think the athletes at state schools have to get the same grades as those normal student bodies? hell no.

for example, Byron Hanspard at Texas Tech rocked a 0.0 GPA and wasn't booted.

sorry but it IS harder for athletes to get into Duke.
    but its harder for both black and white kids. and no its not really that hard you just have to be average.

Duke makes the same allowances as other schools just maybe to a lesser degree. I grew up with Aaron Whitehurst and he played at penn with 3.3 1100-1200 SAT...AT AN IVY

And if you really want to make an argument, even though it may be harder to get into Duke, its still should be comparable easier for a black kid to get in due to AA, so they still arent applying with the equal footing.

I have known guy that played at Duke for football(Jeremy Edwards) and he was no where near Dukes medians, actually not even rutgers medians...but he got in...Stop romanticizing Duke

Quote Originally Posted by O.J A 6'4Mamba
    Brandon Knight is a great player watched him before with my own eyes. Not Derrick Rose, or OJ Mayo good as a high school senior too much of a volume shooter, but he isnt far behind a lethal scorer.

I havent read any articles , but if I would guess the reason Coach K hasn't recruited him is because Coach K just like Bob Knight wants nothing to do one and done players, and Knight is clearly a one and done player and could be the #1 pick in next years draft.
    No, all lies! Duke hates black people. Younggrease said so himself.

Banned

Ummmm....as I said if they met the requirements, Coach K would welcome them. Many of the great players coming out of highschool couldn't make it into Duke with reduced standards or not.

Ummmm....providing one player as evidence is grade 5 level research buddy. You think teams recruit every great player out there? Do you know what factors in to a coach selecting who he wants to recruit (of course your prob think in Duke's case it's just race lol)?

Don't know if I should waste the time on you. You have a clear history of bias against white people. ie. your overzealous hate for Steve Nash among others.
    i dont hate Steve Nash...you obviously think legit arguements are hate.

You are pretty much saying there are no qualified black players that are good enough to get into Duke and that is why white players are prevelant. Thats a joke and you have nothing to back that up.

i dont hate Steve Nash...you obviously think legit arguements are hate.

You are pretty much saying there are no qualified black players that are good enough to get into Duke and that is why white players are prevelant. Thats a joke and you have nothing to back that up.
    I never said that. I said the ones that get in are your so called "white washed" players...and that most of the smart black players would still rather go to a school like Arizona for a variety of reasons.

Ya, so I can't back up what you said I said....cause I never said it. lol

Banned

I never said that. I said the ones that get in are your so called "white washed" players...and that most of the smart black players would still rather go to a school like Arizona for a variety of reasons.

Ya, so I can't back up what you said I said....cause I never said it. lol
    Most smart black player would rather go to Arizona - again baseless and not in touch with reality.

funny how you would use a racist term then go around and call me racist. Funny how black people who speak well are white washed...What a circular reason, by that reasoning smart "black people" dont exist, because as soon as you thought to be inteligent you are white washed....hmm

Most smart black player would rather go to Arizona - again baseless and not in touch with reality.

funny how you would use a racist term then go around and call me racist. Funny how black people who speak well are white washed...What a circular reason, by that reasoning smart "black people" dont exist, because as soon as you thought to be inteligent you are white washed....hmm
    I'm mocking Freshprince's use of the term "white washed" lol. Silly kid.

Try following along.

And if you really want to make an argument, even though it may be harder to get into Duke, its still should be comparable easier for a black kid to get in due to AA, so they still arent applying with the equal footing.

I have known guy that played at Duke for football(Jeremy Edwards) and he was no where near Dukes medians, actually not even rutgers medians...but he got in...Stop romanticizing Duke
    I'm not romanticizing anything. They recruit for their whites and blacks with the exact same standards. They have to be able to get certain grades AND they have to fit coach K's system. There is nothing racist about that. If you want to be mad about something, be pissed that for whatever reasons, mostly socioeconomic I would venture, good black athletes tend to do more poorly grade wise than whites. Add to that there are far more white people in the country and there you go. A very small pool of blacks qualify for what they want and its not b/c of their skin tone.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kentatm
    I'm not romanticizing anything. They recruit for their whites and blacks with the exact same standards. They have to be able to get certain grades AND they have to fit coach K's system. There is nothing racist about that. If you want to be mad about something, be pissed that for whatever reasons, mostly socioeconomic I would venture, good black athletes tend to do more poorly grade wise than whites. Add to that there are far more white people in the country and there you go. A very small pool of blacks qualify for what they want and its not b/c of their skin tone.
    really prove it..everything you said is baseless because no one has any gpa/sat listings from Dukes bball players. Its all hearsay...

And I would venture of the pool of players in ACC it is about 80/20 percent black...your telling me of that 80 percent none of them that are better than their Duke Counterparts(in talent and fit) have identical GPAs to the Duke Players.

Maybe its different growing up with a lot of the players but I feel as if your romanticizing the academic achievements of Dukes players for no reason then the fact they go to Duke.

I’ve noticed several Hotline readers have questioned/challenged my comment that Stanford has tougher admissions than Duke in a post about Johnny Dawkins’ slow start in recruiting.

Admissions is always a scalding-hot-button topic, so let me address this before it metastasizes.

First, I was referring to the entry standards for men’s basketball players. It was not a comment on admissions for the students as whole or even student athletes. Both schools are world class.

It was about men’s basketball and men’s basketball only.

It was also accurate.

During the Cardinal’s top-10 run in the late-1990s and early-200s, it was fashionable to call Stanford the “Duke of the West.” Fashionable and utterly erroneous.

(Back then, when the subject came up periodically, I called it the “myth of Duke admissions.”)

Sure, some of Duke’s recruits were, and are, first-rate students. But the Blue Devils have signed many players over the years that Stanford could not touch.

In my mind, that’s one reason Duke has been so successful in signing McDonald’s All-Americans: It’s a world-class private institution with the admissions flexibility of, say, a state school.

I won’t get into names of the players Stanford couldn’t touch, because it’s not fair to them and because I’ve got the data:

According to figures released by the NCAA for players who were in college in the late-90s thru mid-00s — the latest figures available (trust me: it hasn’t changed significantly) — here are the admissions figures for Duke and Stanford men’s basketball recruits:

Duke average GPA: 3.13
    Stanford average GPA: 3.46

Duke average SAT: 968
    Stanford average SAT: 1123
    OMG, I could only hope to be as smart as the Duke BBALL players...Must people at good schools score higher than that in 8th grade.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/college...ons-standards/

Romanticize much...I guess good bball players with 3.0 and 1000 SATs dont exist.
    Last edited by Younggrease; 04-06-2010 at 07:33 PM.