Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Not airballing my layups anymore

Default Steve Nash MVPs were much more impressive then currys

Prime HOFers when Nash won MVP: KG, Duncan, Kobe, Pierce, Allen, Wade, Nowitzki
    Prime HOFers when Curry won his: Durant*

*Injured

Curry stays fraudulent

Default Re: Steve Nash MVPs were much more impressive then currys

Durant, Griffin, Harden, Kyrie, maybe Davis.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

How is Nash more impressive as a player? And how are guys like Pierce and Allen worth mentioning While James, Westbrook, etc are not?

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    How is Nash more impressive as a player? And how are guys like Pierce and Allen worth mentioning While James, Westbrook, etc are not?
    LeBron declined this year

Westbrook would have won MVP if they made the playoffs, absolute monster. Pierce and Allen are two all time greats, Allen is basically Curry off the ball without the team Carry'd has around him now

Quote Originally Posted by the_troof

Westbrook would have won MVP if they made the playoffs, absolute monster. Pierce and Allen are two all time greats, Allen is basically Curry off the ball without the team Carry'd has around him now
    Complete bullshit. Players like Kobe in '06 and Wade in '09 had monster seasons and made the playoffs and didn't win MVP. It's always going to be the best player on one of the 4-5 best teams in the league

Don't forget Shaq, who had good MVP case in 05. Winning MVP over prime Kobe, Lebron and Duncan in 06 was impressive as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    Complete bullshit. Players like Kobe in '06 and Wade in '09 had monster seasons and made the playoffs and didn't win MVP. It's always going to be the best player on one of the 4-5 best teams in the league

For now. I believe it will shift from media voters back to players soon. MVP = Most Valuable Player. It's not Most valuable player on a contending team. A guy like 09 Wade or 06 Kobe had a far bigger impact on their teams than Curry this year. MVP to me should be handed to a player that is actually the best player in the world that year, regardless of how well his teammates perform or what kind of a coach he has.

This is why MVPs don't matter much to me at all because we all know Shaq and Kobe deserved more MVPs if people hold that award to such a standard.
    Last edited by ImKobe; 05-22-2015 at 02:51 PM.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    Don't forget Shaq, who had good MVP case in 05. Winning MVP over prime Kobe, Lebron and Duncan in 06 was impressive as well.

For now. I believe it will shift from media voters back to players soon. MVP = Most Valuable Player. It's not Most valuable player on a contending team. A guy like 09 Wade or 06 Kobe had a far bigger impact on their teams than Curry this year. MVP to me should be handed to a player that is actually the best player in the world that year, regardless of how well his teammates perform or what kind of a coach he has.

This is why MVPs don't matter much to me at all because we all know Shaq and Kobe deserved more MVPs if people hold that award to such a standard.
    What years should Shaq & Kobe have won MVP?

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the_troof

And his "declined" stats are as good as Pierce and Allen have ever had. As a Cs fan I can tell you that Pierce was never seriously discussed as an MVP candidate and Allen wasn't either. And both guys led teams that missed the playoffs for one of Nash's two MVP years. The year they did make the playoffs and Nash won MVP Pierce's Cs were no better than Westbrook's Thunder, 45-37. And again, these guys weren't in the MVP hunt. Neither ever made first team All-NBA. So again, how are these guys mentioned but you ignore Westbrook and James? It doesn't make sense.

And we still haven't addressed how Nash is better than Curry.

Idiotic Kobetards with a hidden agenda. I hope you slit your throat right now.

Banned

Curry's MVP isn't fraudulent but I will take Nash over Curry all day.

OP is a bitch though, this thread is unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23

Very good NBA starter

2015 Curry is better than any version of Nash.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    This myth has been debunked several times already. Shaq missed too many games/came into seasons out of shape/was lazy/etc and thus didn't have impressive regular seasons those years of his prime he could of seriously contended for MVP.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Are you insane?

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Springsteen