Local High School Star Upgrayedd's Avatar

Default How good would the Spurs have been with Gasol?

I'm glad Gasol went to the Bulls. Spurs are my second favorite team but the Bulls are my first. I really want to see them play in the finals.

Anyways, how good could the Spurs have been if they had signed Gasol this summer?

Starting lineup:

C: Splitter
    PF: Duncan
    SF: Leonard
    SG: Green
    PG: Parker

Bench:

C: Gasol
    PF: Diaw
    SF: Belinelli
    SG: Ginobili
    PG: Mills

Learning to shoot layups

Default Re: How good would the Spurs have been with Gasol?

Its not just how much better the Spurs would be but how many more years they would have added to his career.

I knew they were going to ride the wheels off this guy. Right now he's averaging 34.9 minutes a game. Second in minutes on the team behind Butler.

If they think he can sustain those kind of minutes they're fooling themselves.

Pop would have rested this guy regularly, kept him under 26 minutes a game and opened him up in the playoffs for a good run.

I will never understand Gasol's thinking in choosing a team that relies so heavily on big minutes for their rotation players.

Local High School Star Upgrayedd's Avatar

Well, to be fair to Thibs, Noah is injured right now. When Noah gets to 100%, Gasol's minutes will go down.

Spurs and Thunder with Gasol would win it all. I don't think he would be a bench player had he signed with the Spurs.