NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Default Coach Thibbs Strong Side Flood Crushes Old Defenses

Just look at the difference - here's the weak D that Jordan faced...

Here's a direct comparison... compare the weak D Jordan faced when he caught it on the wing, to today's packed paint, compacted game, and no driving lanes..

oh wait...
    Last edited by 3ball; 11-09-2014 at 07:22 PM.

Default Re: Coach Thibbs Strong Side Flood Crushes Old Defenses

lol you clearly dont understand anything Coach Thibs said and have no intention to

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    lol you clearly dont understand anything Coach Thibs said and have no intention to
    the OP proves your post applies to you, not me - anyone who looks below and says lebron has it harder, is in sheer denial... it's plain as day.

3ball - If you want to have a discussion, we might be able to, but I think we're miles apart.

Videos from BBALLBREAKDOWN about the Bulls defense under Thibs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dP5ui2CxM6A
    (NBA Breakdown: The Bulls #1 Defense vs. the Cavs #30 Defense or Why the Cavs Stink; 3/11)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzWRree2YlQ
    (Bulls vs Nets Game 7: How The Bulls Defense Works; 5/13)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvi3yvqChkI
    (NBA Exclusive: Bulls Head Coach Tom Thibodeau; 7/13)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te4svk4vm1I
    (NBA Defense: How to ICE the Pick And Roll; 10/13)

Please check out some of the links. We've gone back and forth plenty of times on the issue, and as I've said I have no problem agreeing to disagree. But if you really want to have the debate, let's get deep into the mechanics and try and break this down.
    Last edited by fpliii; 11-09-2014 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    3ball - If you want to have a discussion, we might be able to, but I think we're miles apart.

Videos from BBALLBREAKDOWN about the Bulls defense under Thibs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dP5ui2CxM6A
    (NBA Breakdown: The Bulls #1 Defense vs. the Cavs #30 Defense or Why the Cavs Stink; 3/11)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzWRree2YlQ
    (Bulls vs Nets Game 7: How The Bulls Defense Works; 5/13)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvi3yvqChkI
    (NBA Exclusive: Bulls Head Coach Tom Thibodeau; 7/13)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te4svk4vm1I
    (NBA Defense: How to ICE the Pick And Roll; 10/13)

Please check out some of the links. We've gone back and forth plenty of times on the issue, and as I've said I have no problem agreeing to disagree. But if you really want to have the debate, let's get deep into the mechanics and try and break this down.
    i've seen all those and they forget to consider the fact that thibbs defense is not relevant at all if there aren't 3-point shooters spacing the floor.

if lebron james went back in time, he wouldn't have his floor-spreaders to spread the floor for him - he would have a bunch of two-point shooters and he would have to deal with packed paints.

that's what thibbs, you, and the bballbreakdown dude completely disregard.

that's why the video backs ME up, and doesn't support your view... jordan clearly faces the tougher D in those gifs.. to not acknowledge that is ridiculous... you're like that politician that didn't want to admit they voted for obama.
    Last edited by 3ball; 11-09-2014 at 07:46 PM.

NBA rookie of the year

Notice LeSlowFirstStep cannot blow by Noah without setting him up

Bit ironic that your username is the reason why you hate on today's NBA

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    i've seen all those and they forget to consider the fact that thibbs defense is not relevant at all if there aren't floor-spreaders out at the 3-point line.

if everyone is just standing in an around the paint already, than who cares about any of those tactics.

like if lebron james went back in time, he wouldn't have his floor-spreaders to spread the floor for him - he would have a bunch of two-point shooters and he would have to deal with packed paints.

that's what thibbs, you, and the bballbreakdown dude completely disregard.

that's why the video backs ME up, and doesn't support your view... jordan clearly faces the tougher D in those gifs.. to not acknowledge that is ridiculous... you're like that politician that didn't want to admit they voted for obama.
    But I've admitted that floor spacing makes it easier to drive. I've admitted this dozens and dozens of times.

Of course LeBron would have a harder time driving back then and Jordan would have an easier time driving right now, based on the improved floor spacing. When have I ever denied this? Part of this is because MJ is a significantly better half court player than LeBron (I'm not sure why you seem to believe I feel to the contrary...Shaq's my favorite player all-time, and I'm a Lakers fan, can't stand LeBron's game, especially since he decided to drop weight, and post up lest in Cleveland).

If one wants evidence, look at Dr. J. Even back before the 81-82 rule change, spacing was horrible in the NBA. He looked like a monster in the ABA, then for three years pre-3pt line in the NBA people wondered why he wasn't destroying the league. Then comes 79-80, and even past his prime, Erving is revitalized, and starts having great seasons again (even though the 3 wasn't around, it was respected). In today's game when every team takes 20 threes a game, all the legends

Quote Originally Posted by KobesFinger
    Bit ironic that your username is the reason why you hate on today's NBA
    i like the threes, even though it does slow the pace down - but i still like the 3's.

it's the defensive 3 seconds that was overkill and killed the aesthetic beauty, specifically the natural look of the game.

back in the day, the entire movement of the 10 players looked more random.

now each play looks staged because the spacing is too good and players aren't required to go 1-on-1 anymore... i hate the concept of 3-and-D... to me it translates to no skills.

i think people will eventually get bored of this style of play - that would be the play-finishing of open shots created by ball-movement.

i think it was kenny smith that said for many players, all they needed was 3-point shooting machine to make today's league - today's game is about PLAY-FINISHING of open shots created by ball-movement - the guards are 3-and-D... and the bigs (like Davis) are D-and-dunk.

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    i like the threes, even though it does slow the pace down - but i still like the 3's.

it's the defensive 3 seconds that was overkill and killed the aesthetic beauty, specifically the natural look of the game.

back in the day, the entire movement of the 10 players looked more random.

now each play looks staged because the spacing is too good and players aren't required to go 1-on-1 anymore... i hate the concept of 3-and-D... to me it translates to no skills.

i think people will eventually get bored of this style of play - that would be the play-finishing of open shots created by ball-movement.

i think it was kenny smith that said for many players, all they needed was 3-point shooting machine to make today's league - today's game is about PLAY-FINISHING of open shots created by ball-movement - the guards are 3-and-D... and the bigs (like Davis) are D-and-dunk.
    so you hate on that and then say that lebron didn't move the ball and ate a lot of shot clock. he did all that while getting open looks for 3 point shooters on his team.
    So, tell me again why do you hate lebron?
    Are you as retarded as dubeta and kennethgriffin?

Quote Originally Posted by Rose'sACL
    So, tell me again why do you hate lebron?
    I don't think he hates LeBron, he's just uncomfortable with him being put on MJ's level in terms of offensive efficiency as a half-court player. I'd agree with that.

3ball is pretty passionate about the topic for sure, but he always does his homework.