Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Default Re: was any of the MJ-Pippen team better than this Miami Heat?

almost every team to win a championship has been stacked that's how the nba works.

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    Im not saying the teams now dont have "big threes". The other poster made the claim that teams back then didnt have big threes. Thats not true.
    That's actually not the point I was making. My point was, Miami's formula isn't out of the norm for the current league. Having 2 or 3 all-star calibre players on the same team isn't out of the ordinary. Relative for the era, the 2nd 3peat Bulls weren't any less of a "stacked" team.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    That's actually not the point I was making. My point was, Miami's formula isn't out of the norm for the current league. Having 2 or 3 all-star calibre players on the same team isn't out of the ordinary. Relative for the era, the 2nd 3peat Bulls weren't any less of a "stacked" team.
    Ok i got you. Ralph i el is correct, all championship caliber teams have "big threes" some even "big fours".

Local High School Star nashwade's Avatar

my points, and i have a few, are:
    - the argument that Bosh CAN BE first option is not a measure of how good he is. Shannon Brown can be the first Option on the Suns team if Gortat goes down but that don't mean anything. Brown can prob average 26ppg with Suns as a starter. Hell, I'll take Aldridge over Bosh any day
    - the rest of the Heat team outside of the big three are scrubs. Just think about it: can Durant+Westbrook or Kobe+Bynum carry Chalmers/Miller/Anthony/Battier/Pittman to a number 2 seed in any conference?

furthermore, I don't believe Wade is the second best player in the league this year or last, considering Bryant, Rose, Durant, Dirk. Wade is very good, but no way #2

Quote Originally Posted by nashwade
    - the argument that Bosh CAN BE first option is not a measure of how good he is. Shannon Brown can be the first Option on the Suns team if Gortat goes down but that don't mean anything. Brown can prob average 26ppg with Suns as a starter. Hell, I'll take Aldridge over Bosh any day
    - the rest of the Heat team outside of the big three are scrubs. Just think about it: can Durant+Westbrook or Kobe+Bynum carry Chalmers/Miller/Anthony/Battier/Pittman to a number 2 seed in any conference?

furthermore, I don't believe Wade is the second best player in the league this year or last, considering Bryant, Rose, Durant, Dirk. Wade is very good, but no way #2
    Exactly. Great post

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nashwade

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
    Perhaps 26 ppgs is an exaggeration, but his point still stands. Theres alot of players that could break 20 plus ppg on a bad team or given the opportunity to shoot.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    Perhaps 26 ppgs is an exaggeration, but his point still stands. Theres alot of players that could break 20 plus ppg on a bad team or given the opportunity to shoot.
    Yea, but Bosh had 22+ PPG scoring averages for 5 straight seasons with shooting about 50%. Two of those seasons Toronto made the playoffs. He is a flat out scorer, in fact scoring is one of his main strengths considering he can be a one dimensional player at times.

Very few players can put up 20 a game with high efficiency.

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
    Yea, but Bosh had 22+ PPG scoring averages for 5 straight seasons with shooting about 50%. Two of those seasons Toronto made the playoffs. He is a flat out scorer, in fact scoring is one of his main strengths considering he can be a one dimensional player at times.

Very few players can put up 20 a game with high efficiency.
    Depends on how you look at it. I dont put much stock in bosh leading the raptors to the playoffs cuz the east was so bad. And while bosh is definately a scorer, i never saw him as a top tier PF.