Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Fire Dwane Casey

Default Re: Amaechi responding to Hardaway's comments tomorrow on Mike & Mike

what did hardaway say?

Quote Originally Posted by GoRapz
    what did hardaway say?
    Pretty stupid on his part, lost some respect for him.
    http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30236

He publicly admitted to being a homophobe and said he wouldn't want to play on a team w/ Amaechi
    Last edited by poorlilrich; 02-15-2007 at 01:39 AM.

Fire Dwane Casey

Wow, how can he say that? Harsh.

NBA Superstar

Default Re: Poor Tim Hardaway

Quote Originally Posted by HollaBolla
    well said, I'm thinking these media are on a witch hunt and catching these players off guard and spontaneously just utter words they dont really mean.
    did you read what he said?

so Tim Hardaway hates gay people - its his opinion. He corrected himself later on... he probably just hates homosexuality.
    If your God fearing you would hate homosexuality too... its pure New Testament. but not the person. He shouldn't have said that

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    so [COLOR="Red"]Tim Hardaway hates gay people [/COLOR]- its his opinion. He corrected himself later on... [COLOR="Red"]he probably just hates homosexuality.[/COLOR]If your God fearing you would hate homosexuality too... its pure New Testament. but not the person. He shouldn't have said that
    I hate black people, I mean I hate the way black people live their lives. Wow I really see your point.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    so Tim Hardaway hates gay people - its his opinion. He corrected himself later on... he probably just hates homosexuality.
    If your God fearing you would hate homosexuality too... its pure New Testament. but not the person. He shouldn't have said that
    Lot of other things are kosher according to the NT, including but not limited to, slavery. So, if a straight athlete espouses homophobia for religious reasons, could a white athlete praise slavery, pointing to Saul of Tarsus' epistle to Philemon?

Quote Originally Posted by Hotlantadude81
    When somebody says "[COLOR="Red"]You should [/COLOR]keep those comments to yourself" that !s bas!cally say!ng they don't have the r!ght to say those th!ngs. Maybe !f had read the thread you would have seen that doo doo d!gger.
    Using those words is showing it is an opinion. Saying he can't say that is different. And he should not have said it bc it is disrespectful.

It's to be expected that someone would come out saying things such as that. I wonder if he'll be taken off TV for it though.

Originally Posted by Hotlantadude81
    Isn't freedom of speech what the country is supposed to be about... He has the r!ght to say he hates gay people !f he wants to.
    that doesn't make his comments any less ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeBunghole
    Lot of other things are kosher according to the NT, including but not limited to, slavery. So, if a straight athlete espouses homophobia for religious reasons, could a white athlete praise slavery, pointing to Saul of Tarsus' epistle to Philemon?
    you are making the fatal mistake of trying to use logic while discussing religion.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease BlackMoses's Avatar

Big deal, a lot of people aren't fans of sexual hedonism. Hooray for morals

Quote Originally Posted by Hotlantadude81
    !n other words, you can't comeback w!th anyth!ng leg!t, so that's the best you can do. You shouldn't have wasted my t!me !f that's all you got.

John probably "came out of the closet" to get h!s 15 m!nutes of fame (s!nce nobody cared about h!m when he was play!ng) and he got !t.
    You said give me a break bc you didn't understand a word. So then you came back and changed the topic, you were the one who couldn't come back with anything. Which is why I called you an idiot for changing the topic by pulling up this PC crap out of your *ss.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BlackMoses
    Yay. Hooray for YOUR morals.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackMoses

Matt 7:2-5 "For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eyepecially those we will not admit, magnified by our selective blindnes? How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye, when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye."