Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Default Re: Lebron James Interview: "No one in the world can guard me one on one."

This is why this guy is so arrogant. That's if he really said this which I don't doubt that he did.

Melo can lock this fool down

Root Of All Evil

Default Re: Lebron James Interview: "No one in the world can guard me one on one."

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    Melo can't guard a tree.

STFU Knick fan.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Burgz
    they probably just called you a homer and dismissed you right?

i think what you said is partly true, but against bad teams with less talent if you contain their superstars (by doubling 50 percent of the time) you will most of the time win the game.

So regardless of being unstoppable or not i think teams play defense that way because they realize that's what they need to do to win, not necessarily because that team's superstar is unstoppable

blake is dominant on the block, but if he comes back next year with a mid-post game THEN he would for sure be unstoppable
    Probably.. I don't remember. I think the statement is still accurate though. If these star players could be stopped 1 on 1 why would double teams be sent so often? As for Blake's case.. or any other superstar/star on a noncontending team... I think the idea you're mentioning doesn't apply if you have a 2nd option like 22.3 ppg Eric Gordon next to them. I agree he's not "unstoppable" right now because of a lack of a jumper. That's definitely true. I just mean any time Blake get's in the post a 2nd defender immediately rotates over. Away from a Clippers example though Lebron saying teams can't guard him 1 on 1 is an accurate statement. I'd love to see Dallas not send doubles to Lebron.. or Miami not send doubles to Dirk.

If elite players got 1 on 1 coverage all game they would all average 30 ppg. The only star who never gets double teamed is Durant. Which is why I question people ranking him in the top 5 or anywhere near there. I mean Derrick Rose sees constant traps and doubles. Durant gets bullied into being an outside shooter with a single defender half the time.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    This is why this guy is so arrogant. That's if he really said this which I don't doubt that he did.

LoL melo defending..

He also said he can't guard terry or dirk one on one in that interview. He said its never a one on one match up its a team defending the person. Why didn't u post that part as well? Quit pushing agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikill
    handchecking wouldn't make a difference on Lebron he's too strong and fast only players these rules help is the smaller weak guards.
    It might actually bother him more since the reason why Lbron is so dominant is because of his athleticism and physicality. If you were to handcheck him on every possession it might actually expose some his basketball skills like his ball handling ability. Although he handles the ball incredibly well for his size I think it's fair to say that he relies way more on his athleticism than on his ball handling.

Quote Originally Posted by asdf1990
    LoL melo defending..

He also said he can't guard terry or dirk one on one in that interview. He said its never a one on one match up its a team defending the person. Why didn't u post that part as well? Quit pushing agenda.
    Exactly. Lebron isn't being a cocky as*hole. He's telling the truth.

College superstar

Breaking news: Lebron just sneezed!

Seriously... Why is it tht every single thing Lebron does or says all of a sudden becomes thread or newsworthy? Who cares? He just said what basically every other superstar scorer in league history has said. This is not news.

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

We really need Miami to win this series. Just for the sake of ISH. This board has turned to utter crap over the last two days.

Made that high school varsity squad pmj's Avatar

Zach Randolph:

"Perk

Banned

Lebron doesn't really have any moves. He's like the Shaq version of swingmen.

I'm always amazed that people push him as the next Jordan considering how graceful Jordan was and how oafish and clumsy Lebron looks when he plays.

C A V A L I E R S

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
    We really need Miami to win this series. Just for the sake of ISH. This board has turned to utter crap over the last two days.
    Right, because the WE DA BESS crew makes ISH a better place.

He apparently forgot about what happens when Melo comes to town. or Asik embarrassing him, or Tony Allen.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    He apparently forgot about what happens when Melo comes to town. or Asik embarrassing him, or Tony Allen.
    That's like saying we should ask Derrick Rose what happens when Jeff Teague comes to town . Just because certain players are more effective on you... doesn't mean they are locking you up 1 on 1. Locking someone up is Granger holding Lebron to 8 points on 3-20 shooting or w/e a few years back. Even then Lebron dropped 35 or 40 on him in the same season. Everyone has an off game and star players can't be stopped 1 on 1 99 percent of the time (Durant is an exception currently).

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
    Melo can't guard a tree.

STFU Knick fan.

apparently you've never seen a denver/cleveland game or even melo guarding lebron.

melo does a very good job on him. thats why i wish the knicks had a chance to play them. im not saying they would have won, they wouldnt have got swept. it prob goes 6-7 with heat winning.

Banned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNbgN-Ei7VY

Alot of players say that. Its only true for a few though...