Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
       

Default Re: Shaq calls Chris Bosh the 'Rupaul of big men'

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Regardless of the merits of Bosh's opinion, why would he go public with his critiques and criticisms of Shaq's game?
    haven't many posters already pointed out to you that bosh made one set of comments but that media articles hung another set of comments on him?

It wreaked of an "I have no chance of stopping Shaq myself, so I need to depend on the officials" attitude.
    dude, as much as i appreciate your general knowledge and intelligence, it's "reek" as in "reeked".

on a side note, it's hard to believe after reading this thread how many ISH fans are down on bosh. i always thought most bball fans thought of him as a tall, skinny 4/5 who busted his ass, but i guess his stock fell down at some point...

Local High School Star

Default Re: Shaq responds to bosh.

Quote Originally Posted by VCMVP1551
    Bosh is as soft as tissue paper.
    Guess you would know what soft is seeing as how you have Vince Carter's initials in your username

I do, however, disagree with Bosh's statement. Shaq just straight up killed us. I think it says a lot about our interior defense, but also that the big fella still has it in him. He murdered the Lakers today as well. Blaming the officials is an easy cop out. I expected Shaq to come back with something like this after Bosh's statement. The guy's hilarious whether he's right or not, he's still funny. I'll miss him when he retires.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    haven't many posters already pointed out to you that bosh made one set of comments but that media articles hung another set of comments on him?
    I don't care what his comments were. Whether he actually said the words "Shaq is cheating" or not, it is really beside the point. He WAS calling out the officials and, indirectly, critiquing Shaq's game.

He inferred that the reason Shaq was so successful was because he took advantage of poor officiating.

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    on a side note, it's hard to believe after reading this thread how many ISH fans are down on bosh. i always thought most bball fans thought of him as a tall, skinny 4/5 who busted his ass, but i guess his stock fell down at some point...
    I have absolutely no problem with Bosh. I love his game, in fact. I'm not sure that he is the kind of No. 1 option that can lead a team to a championship, but I've been wrong before. He seems like a decent (albeit slightly strange) guy.

Hell... One of my greatest wishes (and one of the most unlikely) is that he and LeBron team up in Cleveland in 2010.

My opinion of Bosh as a person and as a player have nothing to do with my opinion that he did himself a disservice by going to the press with his grievances, however benign he intended them to be.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by VCMVP1551
    Bosh is often garbage against a good big man.

Do I even have to bring up the first round vs Orlando? Bosh's Raptors only won a single game and when you compare Chris and Dwight, it's not a mystery.

Sure Bosh scored a little more, but Howard averaged more than twice as many rebounds per game! Plus along with the rebounding numbers look at the blocks and FG%. That will tell you which one was playing inside. Bosh's soft perimeter style is nothing compared to a truly dominant big man. Howard had three 20-20 games that series, and they only played 5 games!

And this clown has the balls to say something about Shaq? There's a reason Bosh has never made it out of the first round. He's soft, Shaq's right he's the Rupaul of big men. Chris hasn't really improved his game since his 3rd season and I'm not sure he will. You can't teach toughness.
    So you base this opinion on only a few games this year? Please try again, thank you. Chris Bosh wasn't even guarding Dwight Howard for the majority of that series. Though I guess a Vince Carter fan would know all about being soft.

   

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    I don't care what his comments were. Whether he actually said the words "Shaq is cheating" or not, it is really beside the point. He WAS calling out the officials and, indirectly, critiquing Shaq's game.

He inferred that the reason Shaq was so successful was because he took advantage of poor officiating.
    so then we should be applauding bosh, no?

My opinion of Bosh as a person and as a player have nothing to do with my opinion that he did himself a disservice by going to the press with his grievances, however benign he intended them to be.
    when someone gets an unfair advantage it is up to someone else to call them out on it, regardless of whether it directly benefits the caller or not.

other teams down the road will probably reap the benefits of bosh (and probably phil jackson) as will the NBA on the whole.

it is not good IMO for any one player to be allowed to individually break the rules consistently.

There's no denying that Bosh has no chance of guarding Shaq. Shaq is two times the size of Bosh. And it was Bargnani that was mostly guarding him anyway. Bargnani tried in vain to hold Shaq off and did an okay job when he kept shaq 10 ft from the basket (which wasn't often). However, what are you supposed to do when Shaq is allowed to camp in the key, gain very low post position. There is virtually no one who can stop Shaq once he's directly under the basket.

That's the criticism. That's the frustration. What do you do? You try to keep him away from the basket, and it's the NBA rules that assist you to keep guys from just camping there.

Shaq could back Bosh all the way to the basket if he needed to, but how do others guard him if he is allowed to camp?

Funny comment by Shaq though.

Local High School Star

Shaq had taken a shot at Bosh earlier this year, before the All Star game. Shaq said that he wasen't going to make a video of himself to try and make it into the All Star game, like Bosh did.

Shaq is an entertainer first, and I don't think he likes the competition from Bosh in the arena. Bosh was novel, uses technology and was very imaginative with his cowboy video that was recognized nationally.

Maybe it was a little tasteless, trying to get people to vote for you to make it to the All Star game, but it was entertainment.

Shaq is larger then life, if that's possible and he's always dissed somebody. Bosh is just another in a long line of Shaq's toys. Bosh was right about the refs not calling the three in the key. But, Shaq creates room for himself in the paint just like every player in the league. Everybody tries to play bigger then they are to clear some space to work. Why should Shaq not be allowed the same as everybody else out there?

This is nothing but entertainment. And Shaq is the king of entertainment, not always classy, not always right, but he is the king.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by raptorfan_dr07
    So you base this opinion on only a few games this year? Please try again, thank you. Chris Bosh wasn't even guarding Dwight Howard for the majority of that series. Though I guess a Vince Carter fan would know all about being soft.
    Quote Originally Posted by raptorfan_dr07
    Guess you would know what soft is seeing as how you have Vince Carter's initials in your username
    This stuff about Vince being soft has to stop. Since he became a Net in 2004 he's missed only 10 games. During that time he played through an ankle injury that required surgery and 2 months to recover as well as numerous other injuries. He's now one of the most durable players in the league and some nights it's obvious that he's playing through injuries. There's a reason why most Net fans, even many that didn't initially like Vince, praise him as a good leader and the Nets MVP. You Raptors fans are still butt hurt and Vince has added insult to injury a few times since he's left.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsXjo...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsF4b...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWxYC...eature=related

Then we can't forget Vince's Nets beating Bosh's Raptors in the playoffs a few years ago despite the Raptors homecourt advantage.

Vince Carter- 25.0 ppg, 6.2 rpg, 4.0 apg, 43.4 FG%, 46.9 3P%,
    Chris Bosh- 17.5 ppg, 9 rpg, 2.5 apg, 39.6 FG%

And it's not a few games that Bosh has played like garbage against the top big men, it happens a lot. It's also not the point that Bosh wasn't guarding Howard the majority of that series. As a supposed star big man it was his job to help out rebounding and help out in the paint on Howard. He couldn't do it and Howard had a historic series.

Pelican Brief

Shaq is a comedy genius.

Great college starter

when Bosh plays big men that bang he all of a sudden plays awful. His last couple of games are shining examples

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/gamelo...977/chris-bosh