Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Someone please tell the media to tap the brakes on "CP3 is god"

Quote Originally Posted by demons2005
    Amen. He is not a good leader because of his attitude which trickles down to the rest of the team. No team can fall apart like the Hornets. The unfortunate thing is he can't be a second option because he needs the ball 99.9% of the time. This kid is never going to win a title that's for sure. The big difference between Paul and Deron is their reaction to pressure. Paul cracks, Deron thrives.
    Yup he really cracked under pressure last night when he led the Hornets back from a 12-point deficit at halftime to a 12-point win in his first playoff game with 35 points/10 assists.

Mavericks just suck. They never win anything important. There is always an excuse too.

Chicken Parm

CP3 dominates every PG matchup except Deron. Deron knows how to defend him better than anyone.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by xfactor
    Why you put Kobe in that list? He did nothing against the Mavs in the playoffs.
    It's just an example of how everyone looks better against Avery..

It seems to me that everyone here missed the point the OP was trying to make.

It's too bad people only read thread titles.

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Seriously.

CP3 handled the Mavs yesterday. If they were smart they would double this kid at half court and just let the rest of the Hornets get baskets.
    Well Avery likes to double with Dampier so West and Chandler would just get layups at the rim

3-time NBA All-Star

I don't get it. Why do people complain about someone getting hype who has been nothing short of amazing this year. He's a top 3 PG, arguably no. 1, He's a top 5-7 player, he's an MVP candidate, he led his team to a huge turnaround from last season and the 2nd seed in the most competitive conference ever, he's the first player in 15 years to average 20+ppg/10+apg. If he doesn't deserve that amount of hype, then who does?

Hellbound

Quote Originally Posted by XxNeXuSxX
    It seems to me that everyone here missed the point the OP was trying to make.

It's too bad people only read thread titles.
    The point Fab has been making for the past couple years still isn't a point though. According to Fab, Avery Johnson is responsible for the depletion of the ozone layer, he was another gunman on the grassy knoll, he killed Pac and Biggie and Eazy, and also was in charge of the Florida recount.

When girls don't give Fab the chocha, he blames it on Avery. That's all there is to it. Avery is evil personified according to him.

Banned

Doesn't the evidence support that Avery is completely incompetent?

In the playoffs the Mavs players look terrible.. and their opponents ALWAYS look like gods.

The only time Aveyr did well in the playoffs was the year they faced the Grizzlies, and they stunk, and had no experience. And the Mavs faced both the Spurs and Suns when their stars had major injuries. And the Mavs barely even handled them.

Everyone else has owned the Mavs.

Quote Originally Posted by FabCasablancas
    Doesn't the evidence support that Avery is completely incompetent?

In the playoffs the Mavs players look terrible.. and their opponents ALWAYS look like gods.

The only time Aveyr did well in the playoffs was the year they faced the Grizzlies, and they stunk, and had no experience. And the Mavs faced both the Spurs and Suns when their stars had major injuries. And the Mavs barely even handled them.

Everyone else has owned the Mavs.
    All you do is blame Avery and put nothing on the players. Tell me: if Avery is the problem, then why did the mavs have such a great first half? Did Avery suddenly tell Dirk and Kidd to suck ass in the second half? If Dirk is going to get credit for his first half play, then he should damn well get blame for him sucking too.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime
    All you do is blame Avery and put nothing on the players. Tell me: if Avery is the problem, then why did the mavs have such a great first half? Did Avery suddenly tell Dirk and Kidd to suck ass in the second half? If Dirk is going to get credit for his first half play, then he should damn well get blame for him sucking too.
    Fabs liked the pre-Avery Mavs when Nellie coached them.They scored alot but were a lock to get bounced every year in the second round because they played no d

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime
    Dirk had 30 points.. that's great by any standard.. especially with aveyr as coach.

And I think Avery did tell them to suck in the second half. In the first half I think avery was forced to coahc right because he was desperate.. then at the half becaue the Mavs were in control he let off the gas and tried to have the amvs play halfcourt. aveyr also sucks adjusting to teams defesnively. He just has no talent and has no idea what he is doing or what he should do.

I think with coaching it's either you have it or you don't.. and Avery clearly doesn't. On top of being talentless he has no experience.. and he has an ego and is incredibly stubborn on top of it In other words.. he THINKS he can coach.. when he ca't.. which is ten times worse than just being a bad coach in itself..

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel J
    Fabs liked the pre-Avery Mavs when Nellie coached them.They scored alot but were a lock to get bounced every year in the second round because they played no d
    That's a heck of a lot better than with Avery.. Avery plays no D.. no O and he's lucky to even make the playoffs..

The only reason Avery had any success was because the system Nellie put in place.. as that eroded so did Avery's success.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Default C. Paul: "He can't guard me!"

According to S.A.S. after burning Kidd on another basket, Paul was beating his chest and kept yelling out "He can't guard me!". Is this disrespectful to a future hall of famer, or just the passing of the guards from the big older point guard to the super-quick swagged out baby-faced gangster. It was kind of sad watching Kidd tryna chase down Paul the entire game, and if Game 1 was any indication, Kidd is gonna be made looked really bad the rest of the series.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Default Re: C. Paul: "He can't guard me!"

Hell no it's not disrespectful. I'm ALL for trash talking.