Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Feds accuse Ferguson police of institutionalized racism

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    May I ask, what specifically makes you want to be a woman instead of a man?
    A chance to date a dilettante such as yourself.

I'm an avid enthusiast of astronomy, atomic physics, ecology, philosophy, and all the natural wonderment of the world! I'm not even trying to be arrogant or humorous when I make fun of the idiots that spend all their time on facebook and twitter and instragram and posting selfies. I'm just being completely honest about how I feel in that regard. I don't understand how their simple minds work. I can't compute how an intellect could be so shallow as to function that way. Life is so fascinating in so many ways, it's really remarkable how few people actually care. I suppose those people who spend time on social media are just yet another layer of fascination . They remind me of ants. Dumb and compulsively following the crowd, no apparent depth of consciousness or salience of mind. They're like little robots who live and think within the tiniest of spectra. It's amazing to study them. Sometimes I walk up to them with a magnifying glass, and when they say hey what the hell are you doing, I just say shut up, keep behaving like the natural ignoramus you are while I observe you intently. Usually the interaction doesn't end well, but I persist nonetheless.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Macho Man
    Well duh

I accuse water of being wet and brock lesnar of being strong as fvk

this

Racism and white privelage are both obviously still alive and well in America.

But like I said, you cant get rid of racism by applying more racism.

The first step, that only black communities can control, is to take responsibility, be accountable, and stop committing crimes.

You can not change other people, only yourself.

Don give the Police a reason to harass you and you will be fine regardless of your skin color. That is reality. There are exceptions to the rule for people of all colors and creeds, but generally speaking, be a law-abiding, respectable citizen and you will be absolutely fine.

NBA Superstar

I already posted the solution to this here months ago.

STOP permitting white police officers to patrol black neighborhoods. It's too racist, the opportunity for abuse is too great. Remove white officers from black neighborhoods. PERIOD.
    Then you are acknowledging an institutional problem or short coming so if any black is ever harassed by a white cop anywhere they can cite this regulation.

The reality is too many black people are rude to cops, and try to act hard when dealing with cops. its a recipe for disaster.

5-time NBA All-Star

Dumb stastistic.
    Did you take its IQ?
    If this is a predominantly black area of lower socioeconimic status, drugs are likely to be a major reason any white person who gets pulled over is even there in the first place. A black guy who is speeding or fighting with a neighbor or suspected of shoplifting etc
    Really, in his car??? I'm sure in Furguson they've probably been charged as much in their car, along with bleeding on the cop beating him up.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard

Everybody I know Jay Walks. And then it seems like the 5% that get caught for it in Ferguson get it dismissed anyway. Jay Walking is just a way for cops to harass you.
    I disagree with that.

I am a hypocrite on this as i some times jaywalk to save time as a pedestrian.

but i have had an instance of stupid kids jaywalking in front of me at night as i was driving down the street. Its kind of jarring as a driver to have some guy pop out of trees or bushes in the median of a street at night in front of you. As the driver you know you will be held responsible.

I have no problem with cops issuing citations for jaywalking.

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW1EDGE
    Racism and white privelage are both obviously still alive and well in America.

But like I said, you cant get rid of racism by applying more racism.

The first step, that only black communities can control, is to take responsibility, be accountable, and stop committing crimes.

You can not change other people, only yourself.

Don give the Police a reason to harass you and you will be fine regardless of your skin color. That is reality. There are exceptions to the rule for people of all colors and creeds, but generally speaking, be a law-abiding, respectable citizen and you will be absolutely fine.
    This situation has little to do with black accountability.

If you actually read through the report it's pretty sad how bad their department is. The numbers are staggering.

Dunking on everybody in the park The Iron Sheik's Avatar

STOP permitting white police officers to patrol black neighborhoods. It's too racist, the opportunity for abuse is too great. Remove white officers from black neighborhoods. PERIOD.
    removing white people everywhere would an even better option

Carry yourself in a respectable, appropriate manner, don't commit crimes, cooperate with the police and I promise you that everything will be ok regardless of the color of your skin.

That is reality.

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW1EDGE
    Carry yourself in a respectable, appropriate manner, don't commit crimes, cooperate with the police and I promise you that everything will be ok regardless of the color of your skin.

That is reality.
    The reality appears to be that you did not read over the report, because that has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

so no cops there ?........... or only black cops ?

shhhhhhh

Washington (CNN)The Justice Department formally closed its investigation of Ferguson Police officer Darren Wilson, declining to bring criminal charges for the killing of Michael Brown.

In a report released Wednesday, prosecutors said that "Wilson's actions do not constitute prosecutable violations" of federal civil rights law.

"There is no evidence upon which prosecutors can rely to disprove Wilson's stated subjective belief that he feared for his safety," the Justice Department report said.

"While credible witnesses gave varying accounts of exactly what Brown was doing with his hands as he moved toward Wilson -- ie, balling them, holding them out, or pulling up his pants -- and varying accounts of how he was moving -- i.e. 'charging,' moving in 'slow motion' or 'running' -- they all establish that Brown was moving toward Wilson when Wilson shot him."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/04/politi...ort/index.html

If you truly want to end racism, stop talking about it.

By talking about it, you acknowledge that it exists.

Don't even acknowledge its existence and eventually it will go away because the people being racist are getting no backlash.

Quote Originally Posted by Demitri98

Don't even acknowledge its existence and eventually it will go away because the people being racist are getting no backlash.

what??

One police department employee was fired & two others placed on administrative leave pending an investigation into racially disparaging e-mails discovered in a DOJ investigation.

The news comes just hours after the DOJ revealed findings that cleared former Ferguson, Mo., police officer Darren Wilson in the shooting death of Michael Brown, but also found severe racial bias in policing of citizens there.

At a Wednesday evening press conference, Mayor James Knowles said that the Justice Department's findings allow his administration to focus on racial problems in Ferguson & in the St. Louis region as well.

Earlier, Attorney General Eric Holder announced the result of two investigation into the practices of the Ferguson Police Department. He said the department created the atmosphere for the intense & angry reaction of the community after Michael Brown, an unarmed 18-year-old black teenager, was shot to death over the summer.

The DOJ investigation of Brown's death at the hands of Wilson found that the evidence supported his version of events. In November, a grand jury decided not to indict Wilson in Brown's death.
    Holder said the department found egregious evidence of mistreatment of African American citizens by the police.

"This investigation found a community that was deeply polarized; a community where deep distrust & hostility often characterized interactions between police and area residents," Holder said.

He described Ferguson as "a community where local authorities consistently approached law enforcement not as a means for protecting public safety, but as a way to generate revenue. A community where both policing & municipal court practices were found to disproportionately harm African American residents. A community where this harm frequently appears to stem, at least in part, from racial bias - both implicit and explicit."

Holder's findings showed a bias in issues ranging from a disproportionate number of arrests of black Ferguson residents, to excessive fines & fees related to parking tickets issued to the black population.

The attorney general attributed the lack of trust in the community to "numerous constitutional violations by their law enforcement officials including First Amendment abuses, unreasonable searches & seizures, & excessive & dangerous use of force; exacerbated by severely disproportionate use of these tactics against African Americans; & driven by overriding pressure from the city to use law enforcement not as a public service, but as a tool for raising revenue."

Knowles announced changes in the structure of fees & fines had already been made. An ordinance eliminating unnecessary court & police operation fees was passed, including costs in reimbursing the city for towing.

Another ordinance sets a cap on the amount of municipal court revenue that can be used as part of the city's budget. It is now limited to 15%.

The city has also announced the development of a Citizens Review Board, which has met several times over the past few months; implementation of body & dashboard cameras and improved & diverse recruitment of police officers. At the press conference, Knowles said 3 are being hired. Also, an independent consultant will be hired to study the practices of the Ferguson Police Department

Quote Originally Posted by Demitri98

racism does not go away by ignoring it.

bias must be identified & addressed.

glad to see the PD is being called out for using racist tactics to boost revenue.