Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Video of Assassination of Russian opposition leader.

Putin is sort of a badass.

Putin is like a real life Bond villain

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    Swear KevNYC is just a propaganda bot: it's all he does (well, he mostly copies and pastes the propaganda of others, as if people couldn't find and read articles for themselves if they so wanted). Most would rather find out for themselves, if they're interested in the topic, rather than be fed your specially chosen syntheses (whatever supports your personal dogmatisms, i.e. propaganda)

Almost every thing he's ever posted on here can be seen as an effort to make others view the Obama administration more positively, directly on indirectly. So, so incredibly sad, really.
    I don't know how things are over at the UK but here in American we have the freedom to write, post, talk and read whatever we want. Feel free to even ignore his threads if you like...that's what public forums are all about. No one forced you to click on this thread, am I right?

That's like my bitching about Sean Hannity, guess what, he has a right to his opinions (propaganda) and people have the right to listen to him regardless of whether I like it or not. I simply have the right/choice to not listen to him and I certainly don't go around critisizing people who listen to him.
    Last edited by TheMan; 03-03-2015 at 10:20 AM.

Putin now calls Nemtsov's murder a a shame and a tragedy.
    Russian President Vladimir Putin told senior police officials Wednesday that they should “finally rid Russia of shame and tragedy” such as the killing of opposition activist Boris Nemtsov, his first public comments on the slaying.

Mr. Nemtsov, a former deputy prime minister who later became a fierce Kremlin critic, was gunned down near the Kremlin late Friday, a murder that opposition allies blame on the authorities.

“The most serious attention should be paid to high-profile crimes, including those with a political motive. We need to finally rid Russia of shame and tragedy such as we experienced and saw very recently. I mean the brazen murder of Boris Nemtsov right in the center of the capital,” he said in a speech.

Investigators haven’t named any suspects in the case, but say they are questioning witnesses, carrying out forensic analysis and have checked security camera footage.

The Kremlin released a statement from Mr. Putin shortly after the murder, saying it looked like a contract killing and was of a “provocative nature,” suggesting it was aimed at discrediting authorities.

Investigators say they are looking into whether Mr. Nemtsov was a “sacrificial victim” used to destabilize the country. Other theories include a link to the conflict in Ukraine or Islamist extremists.

Asked Wednesday whether there were any suspects in the case, the head of Russia’s FSB security service, Alexander Bortnikov, was quoted by state news agencies as saying: “There always are.”

In his speech, Mr. Putin indicated there would be no letup in the pressure on the opposition, saying Russia was facing attempts to use “color technology,” a reference to peaceful revolutions in neighboring countries that Moscow blames on the Unites States.

“The actions of extremists are becoming more and more widespread. We are running into attempts of using so-called color technologies, from organizing illegal street protests to open propaganda of hatred in social networks,” Mr. Putin said.

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Globa...-Boris-Nemtsov[QUOTE]Two men have been detained in connection to the murder of the Russian opposition leader. But the motive behind the killing remains unclear, leaving room for a wide range of theories from all sides of the political spectrum.
    By Jessica Mendoza, Staff Writer MARCH 7, 2015
    Dmitry Lovetsky/AP Photo/FileView Caption
    Two suspects are in custody over last week

Nemtsov's friends ask: where were the police when he was shot?
    ast week, when Boris Nemtsov was shot dead as he walked across a bridge next to the Kremlin, it took 11 minutes before a police car arrived at the scene, according to the time stamp on closed circuit television footage.

From the moment the 55-year-old former deputy prime minister was shot late last Friday night, associates of the Kremlin critic have been asking why the police took so long to get there, and how, in such a heavily monitored location, someone could fire six shots at him and get away.

Accounts gathered by Reuters from opposition activists and Nemtsov's friends raise questions about state security agencies' actions in the minutes before and after the attack on Nemtsov.

Those sources say they believe Russian security agencies, which run close surveillance on many prominent opposition figures, especially in the run-up to a protest, were monitoring Nemtsov, who was organizing a rally due to take place two days after his death.

That surveillance, they said, included the tapping of phone conversations and security agents at times physically tailing opposition figures. They said they knew of the practice because in the past their telephone conversations had been posted on the Internet.

In addition, people with experience of trying to stage protests close to the Kremlin said the area is under 24 hour monitoring from closed circuit cameras and a heavy concentration of police and security service agents, making it one of the most tightly protected places in Russia......
    ...In 2013, one of Nemtsov's fellow opposition activists, Sergei Sharov-Dalaunay, tried, with one other person, to stage an impromptu picket on Red Square, a few hundred yards from the spot where Nemtsov was killed. In contrast to the 11 minutes it took police to arrive on the night Nemtsov was shot, Sharov-Dalaunay said it took police only seconds to grab him from the moment he unfurled a banner.
    Last edited by KevinNYC; 03-07-2015 at 02:41 PM.

Monitors: Boris Nemtsov Killing Suspect Says He Confessed Under Duress
    Right Activist Say There Is

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    I don't know how things are over at the UK but here in American we have the freedom to write, post, talk and read whatever we want. Feel free to even ignore his threads if you like...that's what public forums are all about. No one forced you to click on this thread, am I right?

That's like my bitching about Sean Hannity, guess what, he has a right to his opinions (propaganda) and people have the right to listen to him regardless of whether I like it or not. I simply have the right/choice to not listen to him and I certainly don't go around critisizing people who listen to him.

What are you blabbering about, child? He has the freedom to write, post and whatever, and i have the right to call out his bullshit, mention the fact he is completely lacking any opinions of his own, and that only re-posts pro-Obama trivialities like some kind of automated bot, programmed by Obama's internet propaganda team.

As for this thread, and my opinion of the matter: i think it is exceedingly unlikely that Putin had anything to do with this, as Nemtsov was already disgraced by his association with the Yeltsin regime, and Putin had nothing to gain by knocking him off - only things to lose.

What people don't understand is that Putin's grasp on power is more tenuous than most Westerners appreciate, that there are other powerful factions in the Kremlin, and that we are likely to like them even less. We are certainly not going to get another pro-Western Yeltsinist regime, as the Russian people wouldn't stand for it. Westerners want to bring democracy to Russia, while the Russians call democracy 'the rule of shit' and want nothing to do with it.