Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Durant vs Carmelo scoring race

Melo deserves it if he can continue to put up 35, 40, 50 pt games

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

i hope they both gun for it, seeing as i have them both on my fantasy team and finals is next week

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Durant is the better scorer.

Disagree. There's a certain type of fluidity to Melo's game where he can just create any shot he wants and they just happen to go in. That, and the fact that Melo doesn't live on the line like Durant does. Next to Lebron, Melo is just as strong when taking it to the hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoooter
    Haven't heard much about Durant lately while Melo seems to be coming on strong. Durant has to share touches and defer control of the ball to Westbrook; Melo does what he wants.

Melo could very well win his first (?) scoring title this year.
    That's because Durant hasn't played since Saturday. They had the women's NCAA tournament in OKC earlier in the week. Not real sure why they didn't just give OKC a road game or two in that time, but yeah, he hasn't played in awhile.

He scored 30 and 36 on a combined 23/38 shooting his last 2 games, though.

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

I think Melo wants it, so he'll probably get it. Not sure if it matters to Durant.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Im rooting for Melo. Maybe he can finally wins something.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    Disagree. There's a certain type of fluidity to Melo's game where he can just create any shot he wants and they just happen to go in. That, and the fact that Melo doesn't live on the line like Durant does. Next to Lebron, Melo is just as strong when taking it to the hole.
    Melo is a terrible finisher around the rim though.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Durant is the better scorer. Melo is the hottest player in the game right now but he's going to come back down to earth. The x-factor is which team cares more about their playoff seed, NY in a tight race for #2 (right now with a half-game lead) while the Thunder are within range of #1 (1.5 back of SA) vs who wants to rest their star. He's definitely not "old" but Anthony is older than Durant and thus maybe could use the rest more. I'll go with Durant.
    I'd say Melo is the more explosive scorer and Durant is the more consistent scorer. Even with his horrendous March (by his standards) Durant is still shooting .505/.410 from the field and 3P range, compared to .444/.378 for Carmelo.

But it just seems like Carmelo is more prone to these absurd games where he makes 4+ 3's and the vast majority of his mid-range jumpers. You almost never see Durant make 4+ 3's in a game (granted he's really toned down his 3PA/game this year).

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    Im an attention deprived virgin. Hopefully one day i will have the courage to leave my grandmothers basement and get some friends.
    Cool story

[COLOR="White"] nb4 silk robot response " you are legit mad"[/COLOR]

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DuMa
    Melo deserves it if he can continue to put up 35, 40, 50 pt games

He doesn't deserve anything.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    Melo is a terrible finisher around the rim though.

You obviously haven't been watching him this season. He's been finishing strong around the rim, plus the fact that he doesn't get the same amount of calls as Durant.

7-time NBA All-Star

One problem with that is he's been surprisingly poor finishing at the rim all season. He did a much better job last night, surprising considering Josh Smith guarded him quite a bit, but if Melo finished better, he may very well be the best scorer in the league. Because he doesn't, I have to say Durant is the better scorer right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
    I think Melo wants it, so he'll probably get it. Not sure if it matters to Durant.
    What makes you say Melo cares about it? I'm not saying he doesn't, just that I haven't seen anything in particular to suggest he does. In the Miami game, he got some good looks with his jump shot and couldn't miss, and this continued throughout the game. Last night, he got going in the 1st by attacking the basket, hit a mid-range shot or 2, Josh Smith gambled for a steal leaving Melo wide open for a 3 which he hit.

In both games, he just kind of got hot from the start, and it kept going. He didn't seem to be doing anything out of the ordinary to try to score as much as he can. In fact, he took better shots and played more unselfishly than he has in a ton of games where he ends up with just 25-30 points, it's just turned out that he's really hot right now.

You obviously haven't been watching him this season. He's been finishing strong around the rim, plus the fact that he doesn't get the same amount of calls as Durant.
    I've been watching all season, and while it's true he doesn't get the calls Durant does, he has not been finishing strong around the rim. He's gotten his shot blocked a ton, and he misses a number of lay ups. He has a great second jump so sometimes he puts back his own miss. But I don't see how anyone could say Melo has been finishing strong this season.
    Last edited by ShaqAttack3234; 04-04-2013 at 02:20 PM.

NBA lottery pick

Best scorer in the game yet hasn't won a scoring title his entire career.

Durant will take it.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

I dont really care who takes it. Melo's been raping asses lately, i wouldnt be surprised if he takes it, but i'd rather have Durant keep up his 50/40/90 season than win another scoring title.
    Last edited by Fudge; 04-04-2013 at 02:58 PM.

Jeff Caplan @Caplan_NBA about 1 hour ago

KD on Melo's hard charge toward the scoring title: "He can have it." Durant going for 4 in a row. Jordan last to do it w 7 ('86-'93).