Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 03-02-2009, 09:08 PM   #31
Stacey King
ROY=D-Rose

Default Re: Nocioni Appreciation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by marksmith
This is like listening to a bunch of guys crying about their ex... let it go. He's gone. He wasn't very good anyway. He was bad on defense and streaky on offense. He had to commit hard fouls because he didn't know how to stay in front of anybody and even when he did, he flopped because he's not athletic enough to jump and block shots.

Let it go people...

Chill dude. Don't come in to the Bulls forum and start bashing on a fan favorite like that. Dude always showed up and always played hard... Quit hatin
Stacey King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 04:17 AM   #32
Undisputed
Do. Your. Job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marksmith
This is like listening to a bunch of guys crying about their ex... let it go. He's gone. He wasn't very good anyway. He was bad on defense and streaky on offense. He had to commit hard fouls because he didn't know how to stay in front of anybody and even when he did, he flopped because he's not athletic enough to jump and block shots.

Let it go people...

You're stupid. I would tell you to let that go, but it's something you're born with.

Anyway...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ab0p...eature=related
Noc scoring 7 points in 11 seconds.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 06:34 PM   #33
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Post Re: Nocioni Appreciation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticForce1349
So the Chicago media and braintrust in the organization feels Nocioni "took too long to get his shot going" the last year or so. Well, what about Deng? Should the Bulls have tried starting Nocioni and rolling with Deng off the bench if that was such a concern? Just how consistent or reliable is Deng?

I think it was because Deng is still developing, whereas Noc was done growing as a player. Also, Noc started turning into a 3-point chucker this season, and he wasn't hitting a ton of his shots. I don't think the overall value he brings on defense is any better than what we get from Deng.

As for benching Deng, fans are already upset that Hinrich is on the bench and we are paying him a lot of money to do so. How do you think people would react if we paid Deng $11 million to come off the bench? I don't think that was ever seriously considered as an option comparing Deng's play to Noc's.

Quote:
There is already lot's of talk about dumping Hinrich this summer just so Ben Gordon can get paid to his heart's content, and for that big free-agent signing in 2010. Hmm. Call me a doubting-thomas but should the Bulls really give away their best strength? (best strength meaning the best depth at PG in the NBA)

When we still had Thabo, I thought we could get rid of Kirk, keep Gordon, and still be OK. Now that Thabo is gone, I think we absolutely need to keep Kirk. Gordon would be nice to have, but only for $7-8 million/year, and definitely not more than 3 years. Hopefully the economy will drive down the overall value of FA deals this offseason so we can get Gordon back for cheap.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 07:01 PM   #34
CelticForce1349
Ich Liebe die Bulls!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls_Fan20
As for benching Deng, fans are already upset that Hinrich is on the bench and we are paying him a lot of money to do so. How do you think people would react if we paid Deng $11 million to come off the bench? I don't think that was ever seriously considered as an option comparing Deng's play to Noc's.

When we still had Thabo, I thought we could get rid of Kirk, keep Gordon, and still be OK. Now that Thabo is gone, I think we absolutely need to keep Kirk. Gordon would be nice to have, but only for $7-8 million/year, and definitely not more than 3 years. Hopefully the economy will drive down the overall value of FA deals this offseason so we can get Gordon back for cheap.

This is interesting and new news for me. As a New Yorker that now lives in Texas I am not clued in to the Chicago media. If fans are that upset about Kirk's money and bench status than he is a goner this summer no matter what.

I think it's a mistake but I have noticed that most of the fans on this site talk frequently about shipping Kirk off anywhere for anything. I just never realized the sentiment was so strong.

I agree about the Kirk/Thabo for defense thing but you said spelled it out loud and clear; Kirk is being paid too much for his services so an alternative must be found. It's a bummer to me because I believe he is the Bulls best defensive player and a good enough guy to accept the "demotion" with a good attitude. Pretty rare in today's NBA.

Last edited by CelticForce1349 : 03-03-2009 at 08:20 PM.
CelticForce1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 10:20 AM   #35
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Post Re: Nocioni Appreciation Thread

Quote:
I agree about the Kirk/Thabo for defense thing but you said spelled it out loud and clear; Kirk is being paid too much for his services so an alternative must be found. It's a bummer to me because I believe he is the Bulls best defensive player and a good enough guy to accept the "demotion" with a good attitude. Pretty rare in today's NBA.

Yeah, I wish contracts could be restructured in the NBA like in the NFL, because teams would be able to fix their mistakes to a degree, and self-sacrificing guys could help their team out cap-wise as well. Too bad it won't happen while the contracts are fully guaranteed.

I have been very impressed with Kirk's attitude with this whole situation. He was one of the most beloved Bulls, then he signs an extension, we get Rose, and he gets put on the back burner. All I can say is that he is a class act and a great guy to have on any team.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:01 PM   #36
CelticForce1349
Ich Liebe die Bulls!

I am watching Nocioni with the King's right now against Sefolosha and the Thunder and all I can say is damn. Nocioni is playing great! 16 points 5 rebounds and more at the end of the third quarter. Tough defense and hustle, hustle, hustle.

He looks so good out there giving his teammates a good pass or urging them to play harder. The Bulls couldn't afford Noc but have 81 million and all the patience in the world for Deng. What a joke.

Edit: Nocioni just stole the ball of Westbrook. The nest play he forced Jeff Green into a turnover. Nice defense from Noc.

Last edited by CelticForce1349 : 03-10-2009 at 11:10 PM.
CelticForce1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: