One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Default What are your opinions about concerts?

I never really went to one because I'm not a big fan of big noise. There's going to be a huge concert tonight in my area and I just rolled my eyes because I want to get some schoolwork done tonight.

Default Re: What are your opinions about concerts?

Quote Originally Posted by DMV2
    Love 'em. The only form of entertainment I'm willing to drop four digits on.

And, it could cost a grand or more if you're travelling to see multiple shows, staying at hotels, gas, plane tickets, etc.
    I would only personally drop 4 digits for a Mayweather vs Khan or Pacquiao fight. Otherwise, no.

Quote Originally Posted by DMV2
    Individual preference. Boxing is your thing, so you'll do that.

I was actually thinking about going to the Austin City Limits festival for Pearl Jam, Em, Beck, Outkast but I ended up spending $1,500 for a couple of classes. Kinda regretting not going.
    Yeah I'm more of the loner type due to some "fake" friends I was around early in university. Now I stick with just a few friends and if they aren't doing anything on a given night, then I will probably stay in and watch a movie rather than go to a party or something alone (I did this a few times and it's awkward being around no one you know, don't know how I would have done without my phone). Hence big crowds kind of make me feel uncomfortable.

NBA Superstar

they're like going to football games imo. i've been to a few at Merrweather Post Pavilliion, actually a lot, knew people who worked there. being live at events is overrated other than the crowd feel. but actually watching /listening to the performance is better on TV than being there imo. i've been to a few football games and its so much better watching on TV. hard as shit to follow watching live and from a distance, and the camera following where the football is iis underrated. you can't tell as much when you're watching live.

Depends if you like the music that's going to be at the concert. If you got friends who will go (being by yourself at a concert would be lame) and whether your going to get inebriated or not.

I'd go as long as you have friends and just relax and have a good time. Drink a lil to loosen up but don't get sloppy so you can remember the concert and participate a lil instead of a stick in the mud.

Is it outdoor or an auditorium style venue?

If it's a band you like and know well there is probably nothing better.

And if you never heard of the band, who knows they could become a new favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzuki
    they're like going to football games imo. i've been to a few at Merrweather Post Pavilliion, actually a lot, knew people who worked there. being live at events is overrated other than the crowd feel. but actually watching /listening to the performance is better on TV than being there imo. i've been to a few football games and its so much better watching on TV. hard as shit to follow watching live and from a distance, and the camera following where the football is iis underrated. you can't tell as much when you're watching live.
    Yeah I've only been to the US open (multiple years), Knicks games, Mets games, and a few NJ Devils games in the late 1990s. Never went to a football game surprisingly but I've heard college football is insaneeeeeeeee especially if you have a pretty good team and a huge stadium.